IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

1 hour ago, Scooby9261 said:

Did this cartridge ever come out ? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Would love to be able to load an SD card with games and play them on my jaguar.

It is currently on pre-order. I have pre-ordered mine around two months ago. Can't wait!

Edit: *was* on pre-order. Maybe Pre-orders are full for the time being? I know there were a lot (I am in the 800's!)

I don't mind the wait at all. I have so many projects going that I almost forget I pre-ordered....almost ;) 

Edited by eightbit

On 11/11/2019 at 2:07 PM, Sbrann said:

That includes the defenders of saint in here who are very toxic as we'll see in response to my valid criticism that I'm about to make. 

I understand the burnout and don't have a problem with preorders being cancelled because life and health takes precedent, (cue all that to be ignored in the replies to me) but for people like me that rarely come back to this thread and only did so out of random curiosity to see around what number board had been sent.

Wouldn't it be nice and professional (hobbyist or not a not cheap product is being sold) to inform those in the pre-order list through the PayPal list or the db on your website.

Again, i have no problem with life taking priority over this or even the board ending up cancelled because of your more pressing priorities, i would be gutted, but a simple email once you know for sure would help so I can place another order.

You will have people buying that don't come to this website or go to your twatter and won't be informed.

I agree with this guy entirely. This forum comes across as very toxic - and I don't mean from the disappointed customers.

It's actually ridiculous that someone can post a genuine, valid concern and in response be jumped on by people who seem to have some kind of mental heatlh issues. Then in addition, for so-called admins to not only do nothing about it, but in some cases actually contribute to the toxicity. Flicking back through the last few pages in this thread, there are a few examples that basically pan out like this:

Customer: Hey, of course your health is the most important thing in the world and I have no problem with you delaying the product but it would have been great if you could have somehow informed your customers that their order had been cancelled rather than left them hanging.

Mentally Unstable Defence Force Member: OmG U R sO eNtItLeD HoW DaRe YoU ThInK ThAt a CaRtRiDgE Is MoRe ImPoRtAnT ThAn SoMeOnE's hEaLtH! GeT BeTtEr SoOn, SainT, We LoVe YoU!!! xxxx

I mean... what? Do you guys even read the content of the posts you're replying to? Better yet, do you not read the content of your own posts before hitting submit? The stuff that you accuse these people of saying or suggesting is nonsense. And the admins seem to either silently let all this happen, or even add to it themselves. It's quite amazing to witness, and not in a good way.

Disclaimer: Of course health - both physical and mental - is more important than some product. This is obviously common sense and no-one has said otherwise, including myself. But I look forward to someone from MUDF jumping in and telling me what a terrible, horrible person I am.

You guys all need to grow up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Since I have literally nothing better to do with the next five minutes I want to weigh in on the pointless debate.  Let me just acknowledge that the people who want to buy a JagGD and had pre-orders have a right to have feelings about what happened and that those feelings are just as valid as SaiNT's feelings.  Where the problem starts is when you take your feelings as validation of entitlement, and yes, despite the attempts of many people on this thread to deflect the notion that they're acting entitled because they judge what they feel they are entitled to to be small, simple, and reasonable, it is entitlement just the same.  I would wager that most of the people towing that line here have never actually worked so hard that they literally ran out of bandwidth - this is not the same thing as _feeling_ overworked or overwhelmed - those feelings are quite common, I'm talking about being physically and mentally unable to go on, it's not a feeling at all but a fact.  There is no digging deep, there's no dusting yourself off, the tank is empty and you have no more to give - whether you want to or ought to give more is irrelevant.  SaiNT has been trying to express that this is what happened but it seems like people are just not getting it.  When this happens to you, you shut down.  All (not some or most, but ALL) of the little things that so many of you have asked for and suggest he should have done are claims to his time.  Those of us who have been in that situation know good and well how harmful that sort of thing is to your health because despite the fact that you can't go on, part of you thinks, feels and believes that you should.  

• Like 3

I still don't see where/why this became the JagGD instead of the JagSD :P

This thread should basically be devoid of replies until SainT starts shipping, or to let everyone know it's not going to happen.  Our debates back and forth about it are kind of pointless, sure SainT could use encouragement?  Maybe?  I know I'd be thankful for his hard work on developing it, but it's kind of like if some masterful artist created a painting, and then showed it to some select friends, then decided to become a hermit.  That artist could have let others make prints of it and give him some cash, so he could chill out in his hut satisfied that people are enjoying his creation. 

Granted, I just added my own garbage to the thread.  Simply put, it's really up to him and whomever he can get to help him out, whether other people will get to enjoy his art!  I'm hoping it will be shared by all.  I've followed this thread for years, and just glad that SainT is part of our community, and enjoys doing what he does!

It does surprise me that the Jag community is seriously one of the most vicious ones out there.  Probably because so much of what Atari did to fans during the Jaguar's time made us all a bunch of bitter bastards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2019 at 8:01 PM, leech said:

I still don't see where/why this became the JagGD instead of the JagSD :P

I believe Saint said on Twitter at some point that he was rebranding his products just to avoid any potential legal issues from using the SD trademark/name incase the SD Association gets sue happy. He may have also mentioned it in some other thread here too, not sure off the top of my head. 

I think it was mostly to give them a less generic name. Any flash cart could be called 'sd' if it takes SD cards. GD just lets you know it's one from SainT for sure. I haven't seen any issues with the SD2SNES but that's a whole unique product name, not just the system name followed by 'sd'.

11 hours ago, nick3092 said:

I believe Saint said on Twitter at some point that he was rebranding his products just to avoid any potential legal issues from using the SD trademark/name incase the SD Association gets sue happy. He may have also mentioned it in some other thread here too, not sure off the top of my head. 

Seagate's hard drives for games consoles are called "Game Drive" (https://www.seagate.com/gb/en/consumer/play/game-drive-playstation/), I think the change is just for his own preference, not a trademark issue. 

22 hours ago, nick3092 said:

Ha, I pretty much avoid twitter.  I only allow myself to get sucked in by one social media place, and I only did Facebook because there are Atari stuff and others that for some reason are anti-forum, so post there instead.... 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2019 at 4:34 AM, SainT said:

Yes, here and Twitter are good for general updates.

When things happen with getting new distributors online and you have an active pre-order, you will be emailed too.

As somebody with an active pre-order, thank you.  Appreciate you allowing others to build.  Be well.

All still happening in the background. I'll start shouting loudly once things start moving properly! :)

I've sorted pretty much all the technical details out now and just have the last bit of testing hardware to develop. Shouldn't be too big a job, then I think that's everything needed to allow outsourcing of production.

Things taking a while as ever, single person factory an all that. :roll:

• Like 20

6 hours ago, SainT said:

All still happening in the background. I'll start shouting loudly once things start moving properly! :)

I've sorted pretty much all the technical details out now and just have the last bit of testing hardware to develop. Shouldn't be too big a job, then I think that's everything needed to allow outsourcing of production.

Things taking a while as ever, single person factory an all that. :roll:

Our SainTly manufaturing machine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is probably answered somewhere. But I was on the preorder list and then got a cancellation notice. That might have been a PayPal cancellation I can't remember. Since this will still get produced at some point, will we have to repreorder and get back into the list with a new number or will the old list still hold our place in line? 

• Like 1