IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

I don't even want to go back through this thread to find out what is happening, or has happened. I suspect some troll-ish social media nonsense intended on bringing a good developer down. Anyway, SainT seems to be a really nice guy (I spoke to you in email some time ago) and if this is happening just ignore it and carry on with what you do or what you have to do. Life first, gameplay later. 

UHATEIT: I have a pre-order in and it is still in as of right now, so maybe you cancelled it by mistake? 

• Like 1

The problem with social media is that it is a hate amplifier. The example of Facebook's rise in Burma and what it lead to (as the main source of so-called Internet) proves the point.

Saint is a great guy, and I've bought all his previous products, and pre-ordered this one. He is utterly trustworthy and reliable.

And patience is a virtue :-)

Edited by Pinballs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, I can see that too now. Hope the order of the orders can stick around. I'm still 185 myself. I'm fine with whatever happens but of course I'd like to keep my low-ish number. I stayed pretty compulsive about checking several times a day until they went up.  Even if those go down the drain, as long as I get one eventually I'll be happy!

First of all, SainT wasn't nearly driven off by the Twitter complainers, it was more a concern over the workload in general.  Second, he's been totally public about what avenues he's taking.  Developing test hardware obviously is necessary to farm out production, and that might take him a month or two simply to design, order, build and test.  FWIW, the other guy doing the Saturn ODE has spent (lost count) a year maybe two at this stage of his development.  His quest for a perfect mass production environment pushed his goal out by YEARS now.  Even worse, he's now hidden behind a Patreon pay wall so the community is kept largely in the dark.  Not the way to do things.  SainT is doing it the right way.

• Like 1

It won’t be too much longer! First quarter next year should see things moving again. It was all just a combination of toxic troll action and more work than I could deal with which pushed me to move to outsource more. Nothing much else to it, really. Unfortunately when there are particular elements of the community hell bent on destroying it for others you have to occasionally take stock and change tack.

I’ve slowed a bit at the moment as it’s getting very close to Xmas and i’m trying to sort a load of bits around the house which i’ve been putting off for ages!

• Like 15

Awesome, yeah there is shit I need to do around the house too, been here for close to two years now and it still looks like I just moved in! 

Enjoy the holidays and just think, if we lived in a bit more Cyberpunk era, the toxic people would probably be hunted down and mind wiped or something.  Ha

I still have my order in, as far as I'm aware.  I've been busying myself with other things to keep this one in the back of my mind... It isn't like I have tons of other retro games to play, but it would be nice to have this cart so I can just leave the cart in the Jag, like I do my two Genesis, and Dreamcast setup.  I actually own just about all the commercially produced Jag games already, this is just for the awesome homebrew and hopefully Doom: Slayer Edition!

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 1:46 AM, SainT said:

Thanks, that's much appreciated! :)

The bit I really don't understand are those who actively try and destroy things. It seems it's partially from a competition point of view (in terms of Ralf from 0711), however I don't quite understand this, as shoddily modified consoles, old games and cheap peripherals are hardly what I'd call direct competition to something like a new game cartridge. In fact a new cartridge would drive sales of old hardware as it increases interest in the devices. What it seems to come down to here is a deep psychological issue, which I can't even begin to understand. I'm a decent person and quite literally cannot understand what drives the mentally ill, and have no desire to find out.

But, yes, bring on Karma. My name isn't Earl, but if it helps Karma function, I can change my name.

Hang in there, SainT!

As for Ralf, I still want to see his alleged 5 Euro "simple" fix for the Atari CX52 joysticks to make them effectively self-center after 37 years [and the CX52L never having been released]. He made such high claims in the Facebook groups before he got booted over using Bryan's respected "UAV"* name for his own AV mod he was trying to sell.

*Bryan's UAV being a super-popular AV mod for the 2600, 5200, 7800, and Atari 8-bit computers. And a well-known one at that in those Atari platform communities...

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I'm still waiting for this. And I cannot wait for this cartridge. Life, as it always does, has gotten in the way of me pre-ordering this, but I am following with great interest and understanding. I don't care how long it takes to get this working, but when it does I'll be here. In the meantime I follow you on Twitter and I love seeing new tweets from you. Take care and God bless!

2 hours ago, kublai said:

I'm one of the lucky people that was in the first batch and like McDonalds "I'm lovin' it!!!!!"

I really enjoy playing with this awesome piece of work. Now just waiting to pre-order the Lynx cart.

I have one of the 1st run Lynx SD carts.  That, coupled with McWill's VGA screen have completely transformed the Lynx!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I have one of the 1st run Lynx SD carts.  That, coupled with McWill's VGA screen have completely transformed the Lynx!

I really should do the McWill VGA mod on the two I have.  Would probably play the Lynx more for sure.  Excellent product.  Hoping shipment resumes soon for the Jag cart!  Hopefully everyone is surviving the Holidays without going mad!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, leech said:

I really should do the McWill VGA mod on the two I have.  Would probably play the Lynx more for sure.  Excellent product.  Hoping shipment resumes soon for the Jag cart!  Hopefully everyone is surviving the Holidays without going mad!

Not to change the subject of this thread (for more than this post anyway), but I think I have the same. I bought a pre-modded Lynx II with a very nice LCD screen and VGA output. It is beautiful. No idea if it is the McWill version though. That was my first Lynx so my only experience with it aside from a friends' for a short amount of time when they were new.

I have one of SainT's Lynx SD Card Adapters and it is friggin' awesome.

Now if I could just find my misplaced USB SD Card Reader/Writer so I could transfer the ROM to Mortal Kombat [Atari Lynx edition] to the SD card... Ugh...

#FirstWorldProblems

Edited by Lynxpro

I had the Lynx SD cart and the McWil mod for my model 2; decided to part with it to reduce my footprint. My collection was unfairly taking over parts of my house. Having a wife and now a kid really made me pick and choose my battles over what I hoard/collect.