IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

I've been chatting with them all on and off for a LONG time now, but finally everything is converging. A good bunch of people for sure! [emoji4]
Hi SainT. Looking at the original preorder list, there are just 25 people ahead of me in the queue. Do you think it's likely that you will be honouring that list or would I be better off checking dragon box or stone age gamer to get one?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Although it was probably not an entirely successful effort, I have tried to refrain from pestering questions about "my pre-order" because I would rather not contribute to your (SainT) fatigue.  Even so I am a little bit anxious over the idea that an authorized reseller - say Stone Age Gamer puts these up for sale while I still have what appears to be a valid pre-order through the RetroHQ shop.  Is this something that might happen?  If so, what would you prefer I do in a situation like that?  Should I cancel my RHQ order and order from SAG?  Would you rather I let the SAG order window close and held on to my RHQ order so you get to keep more of the price of the cart?

1 hour ago, samson7point1 said:

Although it was probably not an entirely successful effort, I have tried to refrain from pestering questions about "my pre-order" because I would rather not contribute to your (SainT) fatigue.  Even so I am a little bit anxious over the idea that an authorized reseller - say Stone Age Gamer puts these up for sale while I still have what appears to be a valid pre-order through the RetroHQ shop.  Is this something that might happen?  If so, what would you prefer I do in a situation like that?  Should I cancel my RHQ order and order from SAG?  Would you rather I let the SAG order window close and held on to my RHQ order so you get to keep more of the price of the cart?

This is something I'll have to figure out as I go. I've given up planning too far ahead, as plans always seem to change, but I will let people know what the state of play with any pre-order with me is as I figure it out.

But rest assured there is no issue with leaving a pre-order active. I don't take any money until I have goods to ship and I give 24 hours notice of taking any payment. The price will not be any more expensive with any US retailer than with myself with exchange rates and postage taken into consideration.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SainT said:

Yep, the NeoPocketGD is one of mine. It's the first to go out to retailers. :)

Yes!! Well i'm very happy to be a guinea pig then.

Love Stone Age Gamer, have had nothing but good experiences with them over the years.

I hope I can buy the Jag SD cart via them as well and they make life a little easier for you. 

Should I use the "contact Us" form here on AA that is linked in the store posting I just saw on Twitter, or is there a way for us with forum accounts to be added to the announcement list?  Don't want Albert having to deal with a bunch of unnecessary spam.

But I also have an existing preorder.  Just want all my bases covered! :D

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 1:42 AM, SainT said:

I've streamlined the production / testing side of things a lot, to the point it's not taking anywhere near as long, so I'm doing it myself for the moment. But it's all been done in such a way I'm happy to, and can, outsource any of it.

Just curious -- is the pre-order position being updated as well?  It says there are 541 in front of me, so if that's still current, is it safe to assume mine would be coming from another distributor at some point?

3 hours ago, Hastor said:

He's said a few times he still didn't know if that list will mean anything in the end. I have a pre order and also asked to be added to the AtariAge waiting list. Whoever takes my money first gets the sale I suppose :)

Ha, is there a waiting list on AA?  Been waiting for this one for a while, though I think on the original one I was like 230 or so...

33 minutes ago, kublai said:

I got the first version of the NeoPocketGD. Is there much differences between the first version and this one?

The main difference is a high quality SLS black nylon case which increases reliability and durability of the cart and a nice printed instruction leaflet. The actual hardware remains the same tried and tested design.

13 minutes ago, duiz said:

So for those of us who are in the lower 200s on the original waiting list on RetroHQ... should we just get on the waiting list or is it possible that these will be fulfilled by RetroHQ?

That's kind of why I asked earlier.  I was under 200 on the original list and the current status says 101 ahead of me.