IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

While having proper distribution and support channels is great, it also means that price will go up. Original RetroHQ price was £140 which in today's rate is 160€. Dragonbox lists JagGD for 190€ which is 19% increase and again that's fine, 20% is typical profit margin for such products. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SainT said:

The number I ship won’t have any real effect on how long people are waiting, the idea is just to hand that side directly over to retailers. The main issue with waiting time will be getting stock ready, which I will have more time to do if I’m not having to deal with orders.

Like I said in another message, the price is very much different depending on whether it is sold by RetroHQ or by DragonBox. I have no reason to order from AtariAge as the shipping and duty costs will make it the most expensive option.

So, I hope you will ship 186 carts yourself :)

• Like 1

Haven't posted since about 3000 back, but I can't hold it any longer. UK[emoji636] based and VERY excited now! Thank you for your hard work and perseverance SainT [emoji106]

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 6:28 PM, tbs123456 said:

Not sure if this is working or not. I click the recaptcha, get the green check and hit send message and I get a please wait banner and then the recaptcha times out. I'd like to be added to the waiting list though.

Same here.  I've tried multiple times and the recaptcha fails.

Please add me waitlist as well.

On 4/24/2020 at 5:28 PM, tbs123456 said:

Not sure if this is working or not. I click the recaptcha, get the green check and hit send message and I get a please wait banner and then the recaptcha times out. I'd like to be added to the waiting list though.

The form is working and the emails have been getting through, but I need to investigate why it's decided to start misbehaving as you described.  I've moved the waiting list signup to an external Google Form, which makes it a little easier for me as well (as it'll stick the responses straight in a spreadsheet). 

..Al

• Like 2

8 hours ago, karttu said:

While having proper distribution and support channels is great, it also means that price will go up. Original RetroHQ price was £140 which in today's rate is 160€. Dragonbox lists JagGD for 190€ which is 19% increase and again that's fine, 20% is typical profit margin for such products. 

It's not margin, it's VAT! I've not had to be VAT registered due to my turnover not requiring it, however larger retailers are, so they have to collect VAT.

• Like 2

Hi just one question.. for the ones that we did preorder long time ago. We are going to receive first from RetroHQ or we need to purchase at nominated shops. If the preorder list continue existring can you tell me my position.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

He's said he is going to send out a small number himself before they are sold through the shops. If you login to your retrohq account you can see your preorder number.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

On 4/27/2020 at 12:07 AM, SainT said:

It's not margin, it's VAT! I've not had to be VAT registered due to my turnover not requiring it, however larger retailers are, so they have to collect VAT.

This is what I suspected, since AA price is similar to RetroHQ (and in US the sales tax is not displayed).

So to my point, if I had the choice, I would prefer RetroHQ as a seller. 

On 4/24/2020 at 8:55 PM, SainT said:

It's a pain trying to "transfer" any pre-orders due to data protection, so it's probably best bet to just sign up to AA as well even if you have an active order with me. You wont accidentally get two, or be charged without contact, so don't worry about that.

To quote SainT above,

Re JADGD, ive signed up at AA as RetroHQ still not displaying preorders yet 

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1215

Re LinxGD, ive also signed up at AA as RetroHQ still not displaying preorders yet

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1214

Hope your work/life balance is getting more manageable SainT, best regards

On 4/26/2020 at 2:13 PM, karttu said:

While having proper distribution and support channels is great, it also means that price will go up. Original RetroHQ price was £140 which in today's rate is 160€. Dragonbox lists JagGD for 190€ which is 19% increase and again that's fine,

It's because Dragonbox has to add the local sales tax (VAT), which in Germany is 19%.

Hello, I have been lucky enough to have beta tested the latest version. I have fed a few points back to retroHQ, it’s a great bit of kit. I have reviewed it on my blog, just need to fix some videos which I have some issues with. Will post blog over the weekend... big thumbs up to retroHQ and what he has done ?

• Like 3