IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

20 hours ago, alienkidmj12 said:

hang on, is my original order now cancelled ?

dave

You should be able to log in to retrohq.co.uk and answer that question for yourself by looking at your orders.  That being said none of the orders at retrohq.co.uk are actually guaranteed to ship as it’s all down to how many SainT has the energy/interest to make before giving the third parties the go-ahead to start mass production.  Once that happens, as I understand it, he will probably cancel the remaining orders.  The bottom line is that if you want to be sure of getting one as soon as you can, hedge your bets by pre-ordering elsewhere.  From what he has said none of the third party sellers will be able to start fulfilling orders until after he has made all that he is going to so there’s no chance of accidentally buying two.  Scenario 1: you preorder at AA or DB, SainT ships your original order and you cancel with AA or DB.  Scenario 2: you preorder at AA or DB, SainT reaches the end of the carts he’s going to make himself, cancels your original order and you wait for AA or DB to ship.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, alienkidmj12 said:

i found the website in germany, seems to be a bit of a hike in price :( 143 upto 190. wowzers..... i think im going to cry :(

also, how does one order, it says not enough in stock, dear me

The price difference is VAT. :(

On 4/25/2020 at 4:27 PM, Greg2600 said:

I'm looking into getting some type of clamshell case for this (once I can get one from AA), what's the dimensions on your plastic shell?

It's my understanding that @Gaztee created a box/case for this - might want to reach out to him directly if interested!

10 hours ago, alienkidmj12 said:

but we are still trading with eu, your price was including vat ? dont understand that.

dave

I am not VAT registered as I have a small turnover, so I’ve not needed to charge VAT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greg2600 said:

Nice, I recommend a BitBox style!

I was thinking a more traditional box versus a plastic case, but I can see why a plastic clamshell box would be useful for something like a flash card device (same goes for the Jaguar GD).  I imagine most people will be using their GD carts pretty frequently, though, so probably it won't be in the box very often.

..Al 

• Like 1

Hey SainT, please please please implement a controller button combination to get back to the Jag GD menu without switching the jaguar off and on.

That would make the Jag GD PERFECT! ?

I‘ve seen the review on DB..

It’s the only thing that‘s missing to make it the perfect product.

Edited by productof76

20 minutes ago, productof76 said:

Hey SainT, please please please implement a controller button combination to get back to the Jag GD menu without switching the jaguar off and on.

That would make the Jag GD PERFECT! ?

I‘ve seen the review on DB..

It’s the only thing that‘s missing to make it the perfect product.

It looks to be impossible, unfortunately. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, productof76 said:

This is a pity. Is the jaguar really so stubborn?  ? This would be a really great and useful feature. Well I buy it anyway..?

Its a side effect of how I've implemented address and data bus multiplexing. I've got it detecting the pad inputs, but due to time taken switching back to the address bus after reading, it ends up causing games to crash when its enabled.

I will take a look at it again in the future, but I have a feeling with this hardware, it's not possible.

I may do a V2 hardware one day, but it wouldn't be able to add much over controller reset! Although with a little console modification it could do a lot more, like action replay style cheat searching, etc... so it's something I'll think about at some point! :)

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, doctor_shred said:

I'm another UK member who is on the original RetroHQ waiting list.  Assuming I don't make the initial batch shipped by Saint himself (I think I am around #500) I hope I can buy this from within the EU.  Shipping and charges from the US can really sting.

There will be a UK retailer, they should have them available at the same time as DragonBox.

The price will have to include VAT when not coming from me though, and there's nothing I can do about this other than lose 20% myself, and given I'm already losing a large percantage going through retailers, I really can't afford to do this. :(

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 12:42 AM, TrekMD said:

Oh cool about the boxes.  Maybe they could be offered to those of us who already have the cart?  I know there are some games you will be doing this for.  :)

Hi! Do you have a working Battlesphere rom for the JagSD?

I've searching it everywhere but nothing.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SainT said:

There will be a UK retailer, they should have them available at the same time as DragonBox.

The price will have to include VAT when not coming from me though, and there's nothing I can do about this other than lose 20% myself, and given I'm already losing a large percantage going through retailers, I really can't afford to do this. :(

@SainT

Hi,

To be clear: will there be any shippings made by you for people on the August 2019 waiting list? Or is this list just canceled and everyone (in Europe) will have to order via Dragonbox or the UK reseller?

Thanks.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:55 PM, SainT said:

I incorrectly posted this in the Lynx GD thread yesterday. I'll try again, in the right thread this time... !

======

I'm sorry, this has gotten rather confusing.

The situation is that I will ship *some* (I don't know how many, 50, 100, really not sure!) carts myself as I just want to be sure everything is working perfectly with the new firmware update system. Once I'm happy with this, they will be sold via resellers only.

It's a pain trying to "transfer" any pre-orders due to data protection, so it's probably best bet to just sign up to AA as well even if you have an active order with me. You wont accidentally get two, or be charged without contact, so don't worry about that.

The plan (as ever) is to produce products in enough volume that all these pre-orders and waiting lists are a thing of the past. I will be at this point shortly with the NeoPocket cart, and others will follow.

It's been a rather long and protracted journey to get to this point, but as ever, things are moving in the right direction.

Same as before -- nothing has changed, I will ship *some* myself. I still don't know how many, I'm juggling other things as well at the moment and will not be sure until I get started sorting out the Jag GD again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, juanluma01 said:

Hi! Do you have a working Battlesphere rom for the JagSD?

I've searching it everywhere but nothing.....

My understanding is that Battlesphere does not work because the faster cart rom timing is not currently supported. That along with CD support and serial port support are the three features that have not yet been implemented.

Saint would be the one to know if or when these features will be added.

Mitch