IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

1 hour ago, Mmm said:

This is rubbish...ignoring the pre order list.

years of waiting and disrespecting old customers.

This isn't rubbish and he's not disrespecting customers.  SainT is shipping some number of devices to people in the UK.  After that, distributors in Europe and the US will continue processing and shipping orders to those on the pre-order list.

..Al

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Albert said:

This isn't rubbish and he's not disrespecting customers.  SainT is shipping some number of devices to people in the UK.  After that, distributors in Europe and the US will continue processing and shipping orders to those on the pre-order list.

..Al

I truly hope that my data won't be transmitted to other sellers. In Europe we still have privacy laws.

I will not give permission to pass away my email, my paypal address or my address.

I truly hope that my data won't be transmitted to other sellers. In Europe we still have privacy laws.
I will not give permission to pass away my email, my paypal address or my address.
Wow. Go and get your product from the reseller, there's no plan to release your details to anyone.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SainT said:

I've programmed and tested enough boards to cover all the UK pre-orders. :)

The whole lot should ship next week.

May non-UK-pre-orders also expect to be filled without the extra VAT required when ordering through resellers? 

Not in a hurry. 

47 minutes ago, Mmm said:

No, no details will be passed on.

• Like 1

I'm very excited about the recent progress! I've been very impressed with the quality of the Lynx cart and among the many patiently waiting for the Jag GameDrive to follow. Thanks for sticking with this project SainT, not all of it has been enjoyable for you, but hopefully all worth it in the end.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mmm said:

I figure Al already has my info.  But then I'm in the US where we don't have such awesome laws :P  Pretty sure something I recently signed up for has finally put me on some list where I get the most random of text messages.  I literally got one not too long ago that didn't even have any information in it, and was just "MobileAlert: $name Thank you! $URL Reply Stop to stop"

Like... what?  Previous ones were fun too, like 'your iPhone repair charge didn't go through, if you'd like to receive your iPhone, $URL'.  Uhm, I've never owned an iPhone and wouldn't take one if you gave it to me for free...

Well poo - (Pre-order Position 213 in front of you).  Looks like I'll be getting it from the AA store.  At least I have my Lynx and 8-bit to keep me occupied :)  I think it's pretty darn cool how many of these SainT has sold.  I didn't realize the Jag market was still so strong.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mmm said:

This is rubbish...ignoring the pre order list.

years of waiting and disrespecting old customers.

The amount of people that read or hear out of band or out of context info in a forum or on Twitter, then fill in the void with their own assumptions and settle on them as facts without going further or asking questions is astounding.

Says a lot about what goes on in the world.

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Well poo - (Pre-order Position 213 in front of you).  Looks like I'll be getting it from the AA store.  At least I have my Lynx and 8-bit to keep me occupied :)  I think it's pretty darn cool how many of these SainT has sold.  I didn't realize the Jag market was still so strong.

Wonder what the percentage of people that bought them are of the 'oh, there is a flash cart available now?  cool, I'll find a Jag' variety.  I mean I've had mine forever because 1) I never sell anything anymore because I still remember regretting selling the 2600 and all it's games way back when...

2) I'm too lazy

3) I used my JagCD a lot for VLM :P

10 minutes ago, leech said:
4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Wonder what the percentage of people that bought them are of the 'oh, there is a flash cart available now?  cool, I'll find a Jag' variety.  I mean I've had mine forever because 1) I never sell anything anymore because I still remember regretting selling the 2600 and all it's games way back when...

2) I'm too lazy

3) I used my JagCD a lot for VLM

Well, I have almost every cart originally released for my Jag (including 2 original BattleSphere and a BS Gold).  I just wanted the flash cart because I like to collect I suppose.  Was also really holding out hope it could be used to feed audio into the VLM in case my CD units ever do wear out.

I won't deny that I've bought consoles as the result of a flash cart announcement. I still want to collect for it, but that's a lot I can do with it from day 1. I bought my Jag as a retro console, but still well over a decade ago. It was before they spiked in price, but barely I think.

I did buy my 7800 due to SainT's announcement that he's looking into that,  and already have a decent collection going from both AtariAge and used game stores. A flash cart can also make the price of used consoles spike as people do this, depending on scarcity, so I wanted to get one long before it was common knowledge.

I think flash carts are great at increasing the community around an old console, encouraging more homebrew, more people to get the console, etc. Flash cart releases are often followed by this. Whether you got your Jag on release date or today, I'm glad there's another person encouraging interest in it!

In fact I have a Vectex multicart and flash cart but am yet to track down a console I'm perfectly happy with. When I do there's no guarantee those carts will be around though! And I definitely will get one when I find the right console. The ColecoVision is probably my #3 favorite console and I never touched one until about 5 years ago.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Well, I have almost every cart originally released for my Jag (including 2 original BattleSphere and a BS Gold).  I just wanted the flash cart because I like to collect I suppose.  Was also really holding out hope it could be used to feed audio into the VLM in case my CD units ever do wear out.

Holy crap dude, are you a Dragon just sitting on that pile of gold?

BattleSphere is the only one I did not mind getting a reproduction of.  But I also have almost all of the original carts (and most of the CDs, and some of the later produced ones!)  I want a flash cart so I don't have to bother with researing carts!  Also my Power Drive Rally has always been flaky.  Like if I insert the cart all the way, for some reason it mostly won't load... I end up having to push it mostly in, then try...

Damn, now I want to play it, but I am putzing with my 800...

27 minutes ago, leech said:

Holy crap dude, are you a Dragon just sitting on that pile of gold?

BattleSphere is the only one I did not mind getting a reproduction of.  But I also have almost all of the original carts (and most of the CDs, and some of the later produced ones!)  I want a flash cart so I don't have to bother with researing carts!  Also my Power Drive Rally has always been flaky.  Like if I insert the cart all the way, for some reason it mostly won't load... I end up having to push it mostly in, then try...

Damn, now I want to play it, but I am putzing with my 800...

Lucky I guess.  I've had my Jag since early 95 and paid well under retail for most everything.  I got the BS trilogy all for retail from the original runs.  Hope I never have to sell the stuff though I guess if I ever stopped using it for a long time it would be better to do that.  Wife & I both like collecting "things" so fortunately that's never an issue, and she likes the occasional video game.

2 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I wonder how they thought you were going to receive this message if it actually did by chance apply to you.

Right?  Just some of the most random crap... need to hunt down who gave out my name / number.

Edited by leech

I cant wait to have the GameDrive in my jag... two of my lynx and one of my NeoGeo Pocket Colors have his game drive in them and all have worked brilliantly with no fault.

Looking forward to see if all the fuss is / isn't warranted for battlesphere/gold... 

• Like 1