IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

On 5/23/2020 at 4:17 AM, SainT said:

No, no details will be passed on.

What if we wanted you to pass it along? I’m number 45 at this point I don’t want to get back online at the end of the queue! So, close...

In al seriousness are you still considering an option to allow us to move our order to another reseller and not lose our spot or is that off the table?

I can’t believe how exited I still am for the Jag Gamedrive!

1 hour ago, Guitari said:

I bet you'll be glad to give the Jag a rest and refocus! 

I've been doing a lot on general back end stuff for WAY too long. New testing hardware, all the server side stuff required for the new firmware update system (which is entirely cross platform), etc... so it's been rather mundane. Massively useful, but mundane. :)

Most recently (last month or so) I've done a LOAD of work on the new Lynx GD and finishing touches on the Jag GD. Now THAT has been fun. I really enjoy working with the old hardware and making (what I consider to be) cool stuff. The Lynx GD is way more advanced than anything else I've done in terms of the menu features, so I want to replicate a lot of that on the Jag GD as well. And finish the sodding CD support for the Jag... lol.

But equally I'm looking forward to getting stuck into the 7800. So it's all good. :D

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, AltRN8 said:

What if we wanted you to pass it along? I’m number 45 at this point I don’t want to get back online at the end of the queue! So, close...

In al seriousness are you still considering an option to allow us to move our order to another reseller and not lose our spot or is that off the table?

I can’t believe how exited I still am for the Jag Gamedrive!

The plan is to make enough stock so there isnt any waiting and making the whole "list" stuff redundant. I'm just about there with the NGP on that front (slight delay in shipping thanks to mr. COVID), and aim to keep it up. Now (going forward after this last lot of JagGD's anyway) sales are being handled externally it gives me WAAAY more time to do other things. One of those thigns is to make a decent volume of stock... :)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SainT said:

I've been doing a lot on general back end stuff for WAY too long. New testing hardware, all the server side stuff required for the new firmware update system (which is entirely cross platform), etc... so it's been rather mundane. Massively useful, but mundane. :)

Most recently (last month or so) I've done a LOAD of work on the new Lynx GD and finishing touches on the Jag GD. Now THAT has been fun. I really enjoy working with the old hardware and making (what I consider to be) cool stuff. The Lynx GD is way more advanced than anything else I've done in terms of the menu features, so I want to replicate a lot of that on the Jag GD as well. And finish the sodding CD support for the Jag... lol.

But equally I'm looking forward to getting stuck into the 7800. So it's all good. :D

All sounds great and they are indeed cool products. I'd love a new lynx GD......Now how's about that discount for a fellow Brit who bought 3 of the old style!? ? ? ? 

Be great if you could outsource some of the Jag CD work and free you up for 7800! (look out here come the comments... ?) I for one will buy the 7800 GD and that'll then be all 4 systems that I've got from you! 

Take it easy. 

8 hours ago, SainT said:

I can('t) wait for your future 7800 cart...

CD support is something I'm keeping my fingers crossed for... my Jag Cd isn't aging well.

• Like 2

Just logged in to RetroHQ...only 25 ahead of me in the preorder queue. So close, yet sounds like since I'm US-based my preorder won't get filled from RetroHQ. All good, happy to send some more business to AtariAge and glad that SainT was able to work out a distribution network that makes sense on his end and also keep him sane, which is most important of all!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SainT said:

I’ll most likely ship a few US orders too. I’ll see what I’ve got left over from the initial UK run.

Hmm... my pre-order (should be #2 right now) may or may not still be listed to my old US address... I have since moved to Sweden... Still, fingers crossed and all that... Happy on behalf of all Jaguar fans who will get theirs soon! Cheers

13 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Just logged in to RetroHQ...only 25 ahead of me in the preorder queue. So close, yet sounds like since I'm US-based my preorder won't get filled from RetroHQ. All good, happy to send some more business to AtariAge and glad that SainT was able to work out a distribution network that makes sense on his end and also keep him sane, which is most important of all!

86 ahead here, fingers crossed.

Can anyone confirm for us yet... what the differences are (apart from the cart label design) between the 'SD' cart that was sold to 80 people (including me) in the initial run... and the latest 'GD' cart that's being sold to people on a larger scale now.  I'm particularly interested to know whether there are any hardware differences...?  Many thanks.

53 minutes ago, GoldenGraham said:

Can anyone confirm for us yet... what the differences are (apart from the cart label design) between the 'SD' cart that was sold to 80 people (including me) in the initial run... and the latest 'GD' cart that's being sold to people on a larger scale now.  I'm particularly interested to know whether there are any hardware differences...?  Many thanks.

No hardware differences, no.

The only real difference is in the boot loader, which doesn't effect the way the cart works, just how it handles firmware updates. I am providing firmware updates for both version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, darkxavier said:

Canada before US I think. Commonwealth comes first.... ?

Yes, i like it.  quite frankly i pay less bringing in electronics from Europe than the USA... the US border fees are sometimes higher then the product costs.

2 hours ago, SainT said:

The only real difference is in the boot loader, which doesn't effect the way the cart works, just how it handles firmware updates. I am providing firmware updates for both version.

D'oh accidental creation of collector's edition?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SainT said:

What was your thinking behind the change in bootloader and firmware, if you don't mind me asking @SainT ?

I'm also curious to know... do our SD/GD carts have no CD support whatsoever right now?  Or do they currently have your 'unfinished' CD support which doesn't support all CD titles?

Thanks.