IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Yes and Yes. Fill out the form on this page, please, and you'll receive an email when they are ready to purchase. 

Atari Jaguar GameDrive Waiting List

..Al

Well, since I just got an alert that there is a curfew in effect all week, I can wait longer for anything to try to ship for me!

Great thing I already have SainT's most excellent Lynx cart!

13 hours ago, SainT said:

Oh, that's interesting. I probably don't monitor the reset line as an input as I largely use it as an output on the cart to reset the Jaguar from there.

I can check for it being reset externally though and revert back to the menu. I'll give that a look.

That would be totally awesome!

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

So I've got the entire jag library on my sd card. Are there any other games I should be looking to put on there?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Some of the Atari computer ports, there's special versions that only run on this, and the skunkboard, to prevent people reselling as carts.

Beyond that, if you don't have them, consider a spinner controller for tempest (never released by Atari but supported by this and some homebrew.) Also a mouse, just get an adapter to use a ps/2 mouse here on AtariAge. Then maybe some 6 button controllers...

So I've got the entire jag library on my sd card. Are there any other games I should be looking to put on there?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Look here for the list Hastor is referring to: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/246639-atari-st-games-ported-to-the-jaguar/

Atari 1040 STFM with Blitter, 20MB HDD and SM125 monitor, 2* Atari Jaguar, 7* Atari Lynx (inc 1 with McWill mod) ... And as many games as I can get away with!

39 minutes ago, Hastor said:

Beyond that, if you don't have them, consider a spinner controller for tempest (never released by Atari but supported by this and some homebrew.) Also a mouse, just get an adapter to use a ps/2 mouse here on AtariAge. Then maybe some 6 button controllers...

I have all these things (spinner, 6 button controllers, .ouse adapter) but still waiting on the GD!

I have prepared!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haightc said:

Order Placed

19/8/2019

Status

AUTHORISED | 19/8/2019

Pre-order Position

244 in front of you.

how did I end up going further back in line

If you're over 200, kinda doubt he's going to get to you anyway before AtariAge has them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, madman said:

eh and lol, I get it but not exactly what I was looking for.  Ya know, maybe some more transparency from the developer and/or Albert?  Manufacturing update...distributor roadmap, time frames.  I mean, where are we at with usa distribution?  Not pushing, but man this is like a black box....nothing coming out information-wise.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

eh and lol, I get it but not exactly what I was looking for.  Ya know, maybe some more transparency from the developer and/or Albert?  Manufacturing update...distributor roadmap, time frames.  I mean, where are we at with usa distribution?  Not pushing, but man this is like a black box....nothing coming out information-wise.

I don't know what more you expect to hear? 

No money has changed hands for orders that have not shipped, and there kind of is a pandemic going on outside at the moment. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

No money has changed hands for orders that have not shipped, and there kind of is a pandemic going on outside at the moment. 

Hey, what does that matter when there's gotta be something to complain about?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Uh, yeah, I get it with the pandemic, but why not say that?  And no money changing hands doesn't preclude information.  No, not complaining @Sauron.  Just some communication would be appreciated.  Silence and crickets other than UK orders.

2 minutes ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Uh, yeah, I get it with the pandemic, but why not say that?  And no money changing hands doesn't preclude information.  No, not complaining @Sauron.  Just some communication would be appreciated.  Silence and crickets other than UK orders.

That's probably because there's nothing new to communicate. Again, not sure what exactly you're expecting to hear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

That's probably because there's nothing new to communicate. Again, not sure what exactly you're expecting to hear.

Ya know, "Hey guys production proceeding....distribution to follow"...Albert "anticipating product soon...looking good"  I don't know, whatever...look at updates for products like gcloader, psio, etc....even krikzz's products.  It would be nice to keep us informed and in the loop.  I get it, it's up to the ppl involved.  Guess I'm just used to the information stream from other developers and distributors.

3 hours ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Ya know, "Hey guys production proceeding....distribution to follow"...Albert "anticipating product soon...looking good"  I don't know, whatever...look at updates for products like gcloader, psio, etc....even krikzz's products.  It would be nice to keep us informed and in the loop.  I get it, it's up to the ppl involved.  Guess I'm just used to the information stream from other developers and distributors.

I've repeatedly stated over and over again, I will update people when I actually have something to update them on. Nothing has changed -- I am still doing what I said I would do. I'm shipping a few (unknown quantity) of carts to UK (done) and following that, taking stock and looking at what's left (todo).

The UK orders have all gone without hitch and the new firmware update system is all working perfectly, which was one thing I wanted to confirm with these initial orders as it's something that's quite complex and has been in development for some time. I am currently working on new test hardware for the Jag such that I can produce carts more quickly (another one of my major goals for the overhaul going on over the last few months). This has already been completed for the NeoPocket and Lynx GD carts and is working very well.

To put this all into context, I am a single person, I have other commitments and I am trying to juggle developing and making 3 carts while trying to also manage "homeschooling" (I hate that word) the kids and doing other work I have on. I have to work in "firefight" mode all the time, the problems with the greatest urgency and importance get my attention first.

I am aware it's poor customer service not to be updating people, this is yet another reason why I am moving away from selling myself to using retailers, but I do not have the time or capacity to deal with all of this myself. Given no money changes hands until I have stock to send out, unfortunately updates saying nothing has changed take low priority.

I'm sorry, it's not ideal, but this is why I am taking all the steps I am currently with regard to retailers / resellers. As ever, these things take way longer than I expect, but it is all happening. So I can't say much more than "please be patient".

If waiting is getting to anyone that much, please feel free to cancel your order. You are in no way obligated to purchase or wait.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SainT said:

I'm sorry, it's not ideal, but this is why I am taking all the steps I am currently with regard to retailers / resellers. As ever, these things take way longer than I expect, but it is all happening. So I can't say much more than "please be patient".

Thanks for the update, appreciate your work, and while some people seem to be bored under the lockdown, it's a wholly different story with kids where thinking back of going to work regularly looks like a vacation from today's POV. 

Take your time to look after yourself and your family!

• Like 2