IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

Yes, as has been stated above, it was a "pre-order" and no money taken until stock is ready to ship. Quite a few did go to the USA in the initial 100-odd that went out last year, then 100-odd went to the UK a few months back.

I've been working on finalising new test hardware for the JagGD as I have done the other (NeoGeo Pocket and Lynx) carts to allow me to actually produce them far more quickly and scale / outsource things as and when required. The Jag test hardware is complete now. I'm just getting this current batch of Lynx carts out there (AtariAge will be getting them beginning of next week) then I'll be moving my attention to the Jag while keeping on top of stock for the others.

As ever, it's just me doing all of this and it's taken a very long time (far too long) to get everything sorted out for me to be in a position to start producing things in any number with everything else I have going on. I do still take time out to do other work. ;)

I do appreciate it is a total pain in the ass, things not being available, and I do apologise. But I'm gradually getting to the point things are available in good quantities. The NeoGeo cart is in good supply with DragonBox in Europe and Stone Age Gamer in the US, and I'm getting close to being there with the Lynx (there are rather a lot on the pre-order!), then the Jaguar will follow.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, philexile said:

Are you saying that since I'm in the US, my preorder is void? I'm not trying to be facetious, I'm just not clear on what is going on with this.

Thanks

I'll do another run of around 100 for US orders before moving entirely to 3rd party sales, if you're at 67 currently, hang tight.

I appreciate this is all a complete pain, this is entirely down to having to try and scale things up and basically having far more to do than I can deal with. This is why I have chosen to move to using 3rd party retailers to reduce my burden on sales and distribution.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SainT said:

I'll do another run of around 100 for US orders before moving entirely to 3rd party sales, if you're at 67 currently, hang tight.

I appreciate this is all a complete pain, this is entirely down to having to try and scale things up and basically having far more to do than I can deal with. This is why I have chosen to move to using 3rd party retailers to reduce my burden on sales and distribution.

Hi Saint,

Okay, that sounds good to me. Also, it is not THAT much of a pain in the ass – honestly, this is a hobby. It's not the end of the world. :)

I'll hang tight! 

Thank you

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, philexile said:

Hi Saint,

Okay, that sounds good to me. Also, it is not THAT much of a pain in the ass – honestly, this is a hobby. It's not the end of the world. :)

I'll hang tight! 

Thank you

Thanks for your patience!

I know what it's like being on the other end and waiting for things -- it is frustrating. And unfortunately I've made things look too professional now, so I think people think it's more than just myself doing things part time on this! ?

Either way. Nearly there... it's only taken about a decade... ;) (ok, not quite)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, SainT said:

Thanks for your patience!

I know what it's like being on the other end and waiting for things -- it is frustrating. And unfortunately I've made things look too professional now, so I think people think it's more than just myself doing things part time on this! ?

Either way. Nearly there... it's only taken about a decade... ;) (ok, not quite)

Keep up the good work!

Only 312 in front of me...

I can wait. Maybe play some Theme Park in the meantime...

2 hours ago, SainT said:

hi SainT thx for your work for the comunity i was wondering if the run of 100 u will do for the US if that Include Canada to im sitting on number 70 thx

19 hours ago, SainT said:

That's great news.  I would rather get it directly from you if possible, even if that means waiting a little more.  I'm currently finishing my basement and most of my systems are temporarily unhooked and in storage, so the wait really doesn't matter to me.  Thanks again and keep up the great work.  

On 8/27/2020 at 12:55 PM, SainT said:

This is exciting. Been sitting with 38 in front of me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5200Fanatic said:

How do you tell how many people are in front of you? My number has remained the same for months now. Thanks!

Login to your account

Click the "My Account" icon at upper right. (should be all by itself over there)

Click "Orders" from the drop menu.

Click on your "Order No."

Look under "Pre-order Position" to see how many are in front of you.

I'm currently at 54 in front, down from 69 which was the position for most of the past year :)

19 hours ago, Saturn said:

Login to your account

Click the "My Account" icon at upper right. (should be all by itself over there)

Click "Orders" from the drop menu.

Click on your "Order No."

Look under "Pre-order Position" to see how many are in front of you.

I'm currently at 54 in front, down from 69 which was the position for most of the past year :)

212 in front of you - I think I am down from 214.  Poor SainT - I don't think he realized what he was starting with this project!

• Like 1

Hello-

I'm an old man.  Could someone tell me what account we're talking about?

(I know I signed up for something, and I just can't remember what.  But, something keeps telling me that I need to keep checking back here.)

Could someone Login to my account, Click the "My Account" icon for me, Click "Orders" from the drop menu,

Click on my "Order No.", Look under "Pre-order Position" to see how many are in front of me, then bump me to the front of the line because I complained enough so that I don't have to wait?

...but in all seriousness (though I don't feel too far from that 1st question anymore)-I'm assuming that's SainT's RetroHG page Account you are all talking about - I wonder if I had to create an account when I pre-ordered? I've never thought to check because I'm confident I am down there, but now I'm getting kind of curious. However, at my age, not all curiosity ends up getting investigated - lol. 

All signed up at AtariAge too (just in case ... I think).

Your the best SainT! Ohh wait - out of politeness to some of you other great ones out there. You're one of the best SainT!!!

On 8/27/2020 at 7:55 PM, SainT said:

I suppose that means Europeans have to wait for a distributor (assumedly due to more stringent regulations and an ***hole threatening to sue) and will have to take up with the tax. 

Still very grateful for the GD being available at all, thanks for your efforts to make it happen! (And looking forward to CD functionality...)

I'm currently #2 in line, which would be awesome if it weren't for the fact that I am in Sweden.

I do have a US mailing address, though. Would it be possible to change my shipping address to the US address, @SainT? Or is there any way to get it to Sweden directly? Soo close...

Full of love for this community that has formed over the years. 

Hi folks,

I filled in a Google form here for a waiting list on 22 July, but there are no orders/preorders showing on my account. How can I check if I am in the waiting list or not, and if not, how/where exactly can I preorder this awesome cartridge?

Thanks! ?

Another groundhog day here. The original pre-order through Saint's website is where you can find your number if you pre-ordered through him last year. The Google sheet on here is for when Al gets stock from Saint in the AA store. AFAIK, there is no numerical list publicly available for those who used Al's Google form.

I show no pre-order stuff on my store account / order history.

Not sure why this is the case. Its been a while but don't think I'm on any other list. Pretty sure I only used the AtariAge store as I did for LynxGD.

This is the location people have been saying you can check correct?

Because I don't see any pre-order stuff.

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=account

image.thumb.png.c28497a3d79f12f1abc7fcc648b484e7.png

@zezba9000 the preorder list is on https://www.retrohq.co.uk/account/orders/.  there's not going to be an order on AA because Al has not taken any yet.  just has a listing of the names/emails of those who indicated interest.  we've probably got a month or two before SainT has built enough stock to fulfill the AA Jag list.