IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

17 hours ago, Albert said:

A box will optionally be available fro the Jaguar GameDrive.  Also working on having a larger, Jaguar-size game manual printed for the boxed version.

Jaguar_GameDrive_Render_Boxes.jpg

..Al

Will that be AA only or will that also be available from / shared with the European distributor?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, slx said:

Will that be AA only or will that also be available from / shared with the European distributor?

These boxes were printed for AtariAge distribution of the Jaguar GameDrive, same will be true of the manual when that's completed (it'll basically be a larger version of the same manual, but at the typical Jaguar manual size of 4.5" x 6.5").  And a cartridge tray will be included, of course.

..Al

5 minutes ago, Albert said:

These boxes were printed for AtariAge distribution of the Jaguar GameDrive, same will be true of the manual when that's completed (it'll basically be a larger version of the same manual, but at the typical Jaguar manual size of 4.5" x 6.5").  And a cartridge tray will be included, of course.

..Al

Tempting, even if it means shipping the GD across the Atlantic two times...

20 hours ago, Hastor said:

Nice, while I'll most likely be waiting on AtariAge as I'm <100 on the RetroHQ list but still pretty high, I might just wait even if I do come up there first just to get this box, especially with a nice Jag size manual.

How do we see where we are on the list? I always forget or am confused on this.

1 hour ago, Albert said:

..Al

Awesome!  Sounds like it'll be worth the wait for sure!

12 minutes ago, Albert said:

If you're on the AtariAge list, I can look up where you are on the list, just send me a PM with the email address you used to sign up.

..Al

You do realize you are about to get hit with 400 or 500 PMs now.  I like you too much to do that :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yes, but I can look them up quickly.  :)  Maybe I should put them in a database so people can look them up.

..Al

I always kind of figured the idea was that you'd get enough in stock to not have to worry about who was next in line.  So I haven't worried about what place I am on your list :)

• Like 1

Haven't asked in quite some time, @Albert any chance any of the AA units would make it by Xmas?

Not that I think I'm that high up in the list, just asking ..... and obviously so happy Saint made it through, it's been 4.5Y another few months won't really make it or break it so to speak ;-)

I like the optimism of the first post:

"it could well take another 6-12 months depending on ..."  .... we can add life, health, shit and covid in no particular order.

Good timing, was just updating Al now! The fab is saying they should be getting the boards out to me the end of this week / beginning of next. I will be able to turn it around quickly once I have them, so I'm very much hoping there will be a load going out before xmas.

Fingers crossed, lots out of my hands and waiting currently.

The next (larger) batch will follow in January.

I'm curious to know how long it is since I started this project now! September 2017 seems to be the earliest commit I can see, so that will be when development actually started. I started thinking about the Jaguar while finishing off the original Lynx cart, but then decided to do the NeoGeo Pocket before the Jag to familiarise myself with the Lattice CPLD's before taking on a larger project.

It's amazing how time just passes. ?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, SainT said:

so I'm very much hoping there will be a load going out before xmas.

Fingers crossed, lots out of my hands and waiting currently.

The next (larger) batch will follow in January.

It's amazing how time just passes. ?

Great news!
Will dragonbox.de also be supplied? ?

33 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

The box looks awesome.  I'm so happy that this has all been coming together to become a reality.  I've been loving my Jaguar GD along with all of my other products from Retro HQ.    

I just sold some corp stock so I can buy all the things!  Not that I need the LynxGD as I have Saint's earlier versions,  but definitely getting a JagGD and a bunch of the coming carts!