IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

59 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

please flame me if this has already been asked a hundred times, is there an ideal size/class of micro SD for this device? I noticed in the AA store video SainT mentions 128GB (or was it MB) card that wasn't compatible, is there a limit? (I'm guessing 16+GB is overkill).

I generally say 32GB is the maximum I would recommend (and PLENTY big enough) as this is the largest card which is formatted to FAT32 as standard. I have heard people say larger cards do work if you re-format to FAT32, but I am also aware this CAN be problematic.

The choice, as they say, is yours. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SainT said:

I generally say 32GB is the maximum I would recommend (and PLENTY big enough) as this is the largest card which is formatted to FAT32 as standard. I have heard people say larger cards do work if you re-format to FAT32, but I am also aware this CAN be problematic.

The choice, as they say, is yours. ?

Thanks, I tried to edit my post to say I did read the FAQ because I thought people might think me incompetent, but wanted to check if there is a hard limit. I'm near a tesco metro so I've been lazy lately and buying from there whatever I need, but they seem to only sell quite large sd cards, so wondered about hard limits. I think they have some 32GB still, so I'll nab one of them when I'm out next.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stephen said:

Man this sucks.  Went from 250 something on the original list to almost 600 on the new one :(  Looks like it's gonna be 8-bit keeping me going through 2021 as well. 

There are several resellers, the number you have will not be indicative of the number of people who will be served ahead of you, many will go elsewhere depending on geographical location and the fact that other retailers aren't operating large pre-order queues.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pjedavison said:

Managed to snag one from Retro Gamer Stuff, and it's already shipped. Looking forward to it! It does my grizzled old heart good to see how many people are excited about this thingummabob, too. Long live the Jag.

I verify that on this UK website we can buy the Jaguar Gdrive. Have you bought now?

Edited by eldelcairo
Language

15 hours ago, Albert said:

Did you receive an email after you filled out the form?  You are number 230 on the list.

..Al

Still haven't heard back from you where I am on the list.  Can you shoot me a reply when you get a chance?  My confirmation email was on 4/23/30.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame

4 hours ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Still haven't heard back from you where I am on the list.  Can you shoot me a reply when you get a chance?  My confirmation email was on 4/23/30.

Are you talking about atariage or retrohq email?

Mitch

The first batch of Jaguar GameDrives have arrived at AtariAge!  :)

JaguarGD_arrival.jpg

I'll get these all shipped out early next week.  I am going to send out another round of emails tomorrow so I can get this first batch completely sold.  If you received an email about purchasing the Jaguar GameDrive and have not responded by then, you will lose your place in line.

..Al

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Albert said:

JaguarGD_arrival.jpg

I'll get these all shipped out early next week.  I am going to send out another round of emails tomorrow so I can get this first batch completely sold.  If you received an email about purchasing the Jaguar GameDrive and have not responded by then, you will lose your place in line.

..Al

Also don't screw up like I did when ordering it and choose the Deluxe edition if you want Manual + Box.  ?

1 hour ago, Albert said:

JaguarGD_arrival.jpg

Holy cow, that's beautiful!

Not sure if I got an email bc I get so much spam and delete it all. Don't think it would've landed in there though. If one was sent, please let me know :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xefned said:

So "deluxe" = "no box?"

Ha, no Deluxe is 200, non-deluxe was 180, I accidentally did not select Deluxe.

By the way, I seriously hope people are not going to be getting these then throwing them on ebay for twice the price like I see with the Atari VCS.  Granted we have been waiting for longer for the JagGD!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leech said:

By the way, I seriously hope people are not going to be getting these then throwing them on ebay for twice the price like I see with the Atari VCS.  Granted we have been waiting for longer for the JagGD!

The plan is to make the Jaguar GameDrive available indefinitely as long as there is interest in them.  Same with the Lynx GameDrive.  I'm already selling the Lynx GameDrive on eBay, for $4 more than in the store (to help offset eBay's 10% fee, which on the Lynx GD is $9). 

..Al

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, leech said:

Ha, no Deluxe is 200, non-deluxe was 180, I accidentally did not select Deluxe.

Anyone why pays $400 for the VCS is a fool.  Anyone who pays $800 for one, well, I can't use words like that on this nice forum.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Anyone why pays $400 for the VCS is a fool.  Anyone who pays $800 for one, well, I can't use words like that on this nice forum.

Want to hear something you wouldn't expect?  It is probably easier to get a VCS than it is a PS5 or new video card...

Edited by leech

7 minutes ago, leech said:

Want to hear something you wouldn't expect?  It is probably easier to get a VCS than it is a PS5 or new video card...

Why is that surprising?  Worthless objects are much easier to buy than items people want, especially ones that function well.

14 minutes ago, leech said:

I picked up an xbox series X, PS5 and 3080 all on launch day, i don't have a jaguar game drive.... and not from lack of trying.

I think we all know what gift this holiday season is the real hard to find item.