IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

9 hours ago, SainT said:

I’m doing work on the jag at the moment, so I’ll add in some extra buttons on the number pad for controlling selection. 

I am very late to the game on this.  What is the way to get on a list or order this product??

thanks in advance for a very much a newbie jaguar player

4 minutes ago, mickster said:

I am very late to the game on this.  What is the way to get on a list or order this product??

thanks in advance for a very much a newbie jaguar player

You can add yourself to the waiting list here:

Atari Jaguar GameDrive Waiting List

I am working through this list in order as I receive new shipments of the Jaguar GameDrive.

..Al

10 hours ago, SainT said:

I’m doing work on the jag at the moment, so I’ll add in some extra buttons on the number pad for controlling selection. 

Awesome, thanks!

Regarding rotary controller/mouse, the SW Arcade ST port works amazingly well with a mouse! It does use port 2 for it politely anyway though! Revenge of DOH with a spinner is a blast too!

7 minutes ago, Hastor said:

If you would benefit from component cables

The composite cable I have is very clear (at least enough for me). Its just my camera doesn't sync well with the old 60hz tube TV for pictures.

Plus shrinking the image in MS paint only does raw point-sampling or something so makes stuff look bad.

Also do you have your console sitting on top of a Macintosh LCII or something ?

Edited by zezba9000

2 minutes ago, zezba9000 said:

The composite cable I have is very clear (at least enough for me). Its just my camera doesn't sync well with the old 60hz tube TV.

Oh yeah this wasn't a comment about that at all. Mine does the same with component cables unless I mess with my phone's exposure rate for a long time. It was just a side note for anyone that might not know these became recently available and will be looking at a lot of stuff on their GD, and might wanna give it a try!

Edited by Hastor

1 hour ago, leech said:

Got a link to those?

https://www.heldergametech.com/shop/jaguar/jag2snes/

I have an older one also, made by someone else, housed in an N64 RF adapter shell. That one has a switch to disable power for self powered devices, as it could cause issues on some converters that didn't need power from the snes port. Also I've heard that some fancy Trinitron PVM type screens get some lines on the older one, not sure if that's true on this newer one. Both are great on my Trinitron consumer TV. This one always supplies power and will work with most stuff. Perfect for HD Retrovision SNES cables. Both adapters work the same for me, just be aware of possible caveats. New one is definitely prettier and few things need the power disabled anyway.

These should allow any snes cable including composite etc to work, but were made primarily with component/rgb in mind.

Here's the older one, no longer made, by someone that did small batches on Twitter, and was already done making them, and is glad someone else took over. Note this was the SNES2JAG but the one currently being offered is a new design by someone else called the JAG2SNES. This one shown below was also available as GEN2JAG for Genesis component cables.

Labels by me so I wouldn't forget how to use it in 10 years.

20210110_200044.jpg

Edited by Hastor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paranoia Dragon said:

I think I registered to the Atari age waitlist twice. I think I did it a while back but I wasn't sure. So I did it again I think with the same email I used previously. When going through the list, I assume it'll go by the earliest time I was added to the list? Or does me and put on a list again push me back on the list?

It'll go by the earliest time you were added to the list. 

..Al

On 1/10/2021 at 3:04 AM, Hastor said:

Sorry for triple comments, but after trying it a bit, only Tempest so far has presented this problem as the other games that support rotary or mouse have you use them on port 2, which as far as I know are all ST ports. Easy enough to just pop in the Tempest cart too. I'd still call it a feature request, but just because Tempest is a big title for the Jag. It works on port 1 with Rebooteroids I believe, but as far as I know, that's only been offered on a physical cartridge. The ST port of Star Wars Arcade is great with a mouse btw!

Loving this cart! I'll be quiet for a bit now!

I’m trying to follow your comment.  Are you saying the spinner on works on port 2 for Tempest 2000 on the GD?  I know it works perfectly on port 1 using the Tempest cartridge.  I get sporatic movement with the spinner with the GD.

You can use a Spinner on Port 2 in Tempest but only for Player 2 I believe, so you can use two spinners... I'm playing with it on Port 1, and so far haven't had any issues, but only played for about 10 minutes. What kind of issue are you seeing? Glad to test. Does it happen constantly or off and on? If it isn't constant, I may have not played long enough, though I also wouldn't expect the GD to make a difference, but sounds like it does in your case. I've used spinner and mouse on port 2 for the ST ports that support them with the GD and no issues there.

Have you tried another spinner game like Arkanoid for ST with it on port 2? Or just controlling Player 2 via spinner?

Also, and this just occurred to me - you have to select Spinner as the controller for each player in the options menu. Mine is player 1 Spinner, player 2 D-pad.
Did you perhaps not put in the code to enable spinner support, or not select it for Port 1? That would definitely give sporadic behavior if it is in D-pad mode.

It saves the option to the cartridge so you only put the code in once, but if you put it in on your cart, you'll need to on the copy on your GD as well as it will have its own save file.

Edited by Hastor
  • Like 1