IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

10 hours ago, glorfindeal1 said:

My bad.  It seems I forgot about the hidden controller type option.  I set it and it is working properly now.]

That explains why it was working on the cart and not gd — the cart settings must be stored in the EEPROM.

9 hours ago, SainT said:

That explains why it was working on the cart and not gd — the cart settings must be stored in the EEPROM.

Yeah once you have a save file on your Jag GD and put in the code, you never should need to again. In fact I'm not aware of a way to disable the availability of the option on a real cart once enabled (you can still choose the Dpad option though so disabling isn't necessary). On JagGD you can delete the save file to revert to original settings if you want that option to be hidden again for some reason.

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

What did I miss?

I think it's mostly been on twitter, no big update yet but it sounds like most CD stuff is working now after SainT figured out some clever stuff that's way over my head.

3 hours ago, Higgy said:

Using 1GB at the moment. 

Must be old... even looking for small ones, I find it's usually cheaper to get a 16 or 32 than to get anything smaller. Almost like the smaller ones are becoming more rare/valuable. I think lowest I'm using is a mini(not micro)SD in an adapter for my Atari 5200 cart, and it is 64MB (was included with it).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hastor said:

I find it's usually cheaper to get a 16 or 32 than to get anything smaller. Almost like the smaller ones are becoming more rare/valuable. I think lowest I'm using is a mini(not micro)SD in an adapter for my Atari 5200 cart, and it is 64MB (was included with it).

About a month ago I picked up a brand new micro-SD in anticipation of the JagGD.  I searched in the local computer superstore and couldn't find one with a capacity of less than 16GB.

3 hours ago, CD-i said:

Both games only show red screen on my GD

You have to patch on the universal encryption header, or regenerate a valid header using pcjagcrypt patched to re-encrypt ROMs. The version of pcjagcrypt in my SDK can do the latter, and there's a little tool mkuniv that patches in the universal encryption header in my Linux bjlSkunkFlash repo

https://github.com/cubanismo/jaguar-sdk

https://github.com/cubanismo/bjlSkunkFlash

• Like 3

On 1/7/2021 at 2:26 AM, SainT said:

JagLink doesn't work (quite clearly stated in all descriptions) -- the UART is used on the cart.

A slight oversight, something I'll eventually remedy, but it will require a hardware change. ?

Will that be a mod to the current cart hardware , or will a new cart hardware be required?

3 hours ago, SainT said:

I created that from an asset pack from https://twitter.com/Namatnieks

It needs to be a game, most definitely... :)

Reminds me of Dark Castle on the Mac or naturally many games like it.   Looks like it would be fun.  :D

From that link there was this quote which sums up me and games.... 

210812330_ScreenShot2021-01-27at6_57_39AM.png.b41e08462984d1cd692ebd2cced3ec02.png

• Like 2

Cartridge is awesome.. I'm a little bummed CD support can never come to the cart but still a great cart!

I realize Skunk roms will not work and it seems that all original releases work without problem which is awesome!  I notice some non-official roms do not work such as roms with jiffy in the title or Jagmarble roms, etc...  What is wrong with these roms?

For non-standard roms is it best to pick 'Run at xxx' or 'Headerless rom' when trying to get an unknown rom to work?

Thanks!