IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

5 hours ago, leech said:

If I remember correctly, was there an issue with the cart working with the CD plugged in?  Or some other conflict?  (I am sure it was discussed, but it is almost 6am here and I slept like crap)

It doesn't work with it plugged through the CD add-on, no. And given I will be releasing support for CD games before long, I don't think it's going to be very high priority to get it working as CD support won't work when plugged through the CD drive. And the cart will basically make the CD drive superfluous.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SainT said:

It doesn't work with it plugged through the CD add-on, no. And given I will be releasing support for CD games before long, I don't think it's going to be very high priority to get it working as CD support won't work when plugged through the CD drive. And the cart will basically make the CD drive superfluous.

But... but... my toilet seat!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I'd always wanted one but even before this, not for the price. Is still love to have one on display. I feel like more people have them as collectors than simply because they can play a game though.

I can look at any baseball card online for free but people still pay millions for the right one.

2 minutes ago, Hastor said:

I'd always wanted one but even before this, not for the price. Is still love to have one on display. I feel like more people have them as collectors than simply because they can play a game though.

I can look at any baseball card online for free but people still pay millions for the right one.

Ha, maybe more people will buy a second Jaguar for the GD so they can keep their toilet sitting on a shelf looking odd.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Stone Age Gamer has opened up pre-orders, expected to ship in March.

https://stoneagegamer.com/jaguar-gamedrive.html?afmc=retrorgb

Does that mean we should expect more stock coming to AtariAge in the near future as well?

Yes.  I won't start taking pre-orders for the next batch until they have been shipped and I know how many I'll be receiving.

..Al

• Like 5

On 1/29/2021 at 12:55 PM, Zerosquare said:

Does it include randomly failing to load games? Otherwise, it's not an accurate emulation.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:08 PM, leech said:

As far as the Jag is concerned, that should apply to carts too.  ?

For those of us wanting the true experience, maybe someone could make a ROM of the red screen of death and the Jag CD with the "?" on the disc as well.

This way those who want to experience what it's like and never actually owned a Jag CD or any cart other than the GD can do so ;) Then you can choose each from the GD menu and see what it looks like!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, FriendofSonic said:

Darn it, I saw it on SAG, got sidetracked with work, and now they're out of preorders. Oh well, next time I guess.

For anyone on the AtariAge waiting list, you will get served in order. There are obviously other retailers coming into the fray, but AtariAge will also be getting stock as soon as it is available. Please bear with us and do bear in mind Albert is being a man of his word and honoring the order of the waiting list. This will be to his detriment as this takes time to process compared with just selling on a first come first served basis. I know most people will jump ship if another opportunity to purchase quicker arises elsewhere, but I'm sure it would not be taken lightly if Albert chose to sell in the quickest manner available to him.

There is no particular point to this, by the way, and I am in no way attacking anyone. It's really just a reminder, while expressing a little frustration at a situation which is my own doing, and I have little control over. Supply and demand is frustrating whichever way it goes in one way or another, and I really do try my best to please all parties involved. Which is, naturally, impossible. This last order being delayed is another frustration, as I had hoped stock would be rolling a little more freely by now, but as ever I am doing my best to get stock out asap.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1