IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

10 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

COF and ABS files are the same thing with different names.

I figured, I have the Gd in the mail right now and was trying to prep my SD card and didn't know if I needed to bother with Jiffi conversions of COF or ABS

12 hours ago, Greg2600 said:

(JAG, J64, ROM, BIN, ABS)

Thank you for posting this! I swear everywhere I checked I could not find ABS or COF listed in the formats able to be used. 

• Like 1

This came in the mail today:

gd.thumb.jpg.a12e77d27b27b879ab7af1cfbbf600cc.jpg

Nevermind all the crumbs and bits there. I was in the middle of making myself some nachos when it showed up and couldn't wait to open it. Luckily I hadn't had time for lunch until later in the afternoon, so I figured now I would be able to sneak a quick "test" session in on my lunch break. Went and plugged it into my Jaguar, powered on, and... what's this? Oh yeah, it needs an SD card! No problem, I ordered that when I ordered the GD last week, right? Wrong, it's sitting in my Amazon cart. I forgot to check out! So disappointed in myself. Oh well. I guess I can wait another day or two.

Still, everything looks great, the box is high quality, and the GD menu is very professional looking. Thanks @Albert and @SainT!

• Like 1

I just got mine in the mail and tried 7 different micro SD cards and none of them work (3 different brands), keep getting "Memory Card Unreadable" but the cart QR code does say I have the latest firmware installed based on the barcode (typing in the information in web browser). All of the SD cards have been reformatted and then multiple times trying to ad all the files again and again and still nothing. Is there a way to fix this or a solution for this problem? I have also tried downloading a firmware from retroHQ site and putting that onto a fresh card and still get nothing at all except for Memory Card Unreadable in the menu screen. 

Edited by UHATEIT

On 3/25/2021 at 6:33 AM, stranno said:

Hi guys. How long is the waiting list? Is there any chance of getting the GD cart in the next months?

Although I’m not at all related to this product, I think it’s safe to say there are about 1000 people on there waiting list based on various posts I saw on Facebook and stuff. So yeah, even if you sign up now there’s a good chance you won’t get one fire a while. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Weird, my sd card worked right off the bat.  Did you remember to format it FAT32?  I don't know if exFAT will work.

Ive formatted a total of 7 different Micro SD cards in 3 different brnds, in sizes 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, and they all come up unreadable. even tho the QR code says I have the most updated firmware and to just enjoy old video games. 

14 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

Ive formatted a total of 7 different Micro SD cards in 3 different brnds, in sizes 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, and they all come up unreadable. even tho the QR code says I have the most updated firmware and to just enjoy old video games. 

But are they formatted FAT32, not exFat?

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

But are they formatted FAT32, not exFat?

Yeah formatted all of them to FAT32. Even took out a fresh 32GB that was brand new from the store and tried it, didn't work, then formatted it to FAT32 and still didn't work. Tried exFAT and didn't work either. Below is a pic of it on the menu screen. Regardless of every card I've tried with the FAT32 format and drag the items to the card it looks like this everytime

16167148496703265939982430442374.jpg

Edited by UHATEIT
Added pic

3 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

Yeah formatted all of them to FAT32. Even took out a fresh 32GB that was brand new from the store and tried it, didn't work, then formatted it to FAT32 and still didn't work. Tried exFAT and didn't work either. 

Wow - not sure what to suggest.  There is a tool call SDFormatter - I used it when I got a GDEmu clone for my Dreamcast.  Perhaps give that a try?