IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

35 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

I actually downloaded one of the programs someone posted called MiniAide fat 32 Formatter and still got the same issue, I hit the erase partition options, tried formatting multiple cards, and still nothing. The slot seems to be fine too. When I push the SD card in its almost instant to tell me "Memory card Unreadable" and when I push it back out it goes back to "Insert Memory card" so it seems to know there IS a card in there almost instantly, just not reading anything on it. This is the kind of luck I have, I swear I've had so much bad luck in the retro game world these last few years!

Thanks for taking a look at my pics man. I swear I've tried everything, just wanted to avoid having to ship, wait for them to get it and then wait for a new one. I thought perhaps if you saw the screen shots you could see an issue. Both show FAT32 in the pics. The only thing I can see it something called "Volume" not sure what that is but have tried 3 formatting programs on 2 different computers and it's all the same 

What happens if you have the card in the cart before turning on the Jag?

27 minutes ago, tbs123456 said:

What happens if you have the card in the cart before turning on the Jag?

The first screen is a RetroHQ logo and at the bottom a pop up disappears saying "press option for firmware updates" Ive tried the updates and the page links but it says I have the latest firmware. Then it loads to the menu with the memory card unreadable badge across the middle of the screen. You can see the menu like everyone else (faded jaguar logos in the background with blank picture boxes on the right and lines through them) has but it's all blank since it isn't reading anything on any of the memory cards. 

I've officially given up after about 4 hours of trying everything possibly that I can so I'll have to now ship this back and wait for another. 

Edited by UHATEIT

15 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

The first screen is retrohq and then it loads to the menu with the memory card unreadable badge across the middle of the screen. You can see the menu like everyone else has but it's all blank since it isn't reading anything on any of the memory cards. 

In the captures I've seen that the SD card has no name, it doesn't matter and it has nothing to do with the partition table but when you got those weird errors it's better to try everything.

2 minutes ago, swapd0 said:

In the captures I've seen that the SD card has no name, it doesn't matter and it has nothing to do with the partition table but when you got those weird errors it's better to try everything.

I tried giving it a name too. Someone had suggested a partition program so I tried that too on all of the cards and still no dice as far as the GD reading any of the cards. All have been formatted to FAT32 and register when I try my laptop and my work laptop as showing being FAT32 and with all of my roms on there, the only thing that doesnt read my SD cards is the GD itself but everything else does. 

20 hours ago, bluejay said:

Although I’m not at all related to this product, I think it’s safe to say there are about 1000 people on there waiting list based on various posts I saw on Facebook and stuff. So yeah, even if you sign up now there’s a good chance you won’t get one fire a while. 

Wow. I didn't expect so many people ?

8 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Can you blow some compressed air in the sd slot? Maybe a little piece of something or other got in there gumming things up. 

I got out of breath doing the old NES cart blow trick haha and also tried compressed air. still a no go :( It's going to get packed and sent back to AA. Hopefully when it arrives (if Albert gets it) he can try it out and see if it works for him with one of his micro SD cards. I think it would be awesome if I could sideload them onto the cart by use of that mini USB slot and then I could run them from a folder off my computer. The cart needs something internally to store the roms or run them from I imagine tho (in this case the SD card) which isnt working. 

GD received and working!

The rom pack I found has CF linear hack not working (red screen) and I presume that's because of signature checks, is there a "working-I-am-to-stoopid-to-resign-it-myself" version?

<update>
Found the post 

and found univ.bin and used HxD to replace the first 8KB with it, will see if that fixes it!!

</update>

<update2> with the new univ.bin "header" it works</update2>

I have the CD of Alice mom's rescue [officially purchased by me from Orion] that contains the 6MB skunk rom, would that work on the GD? (I had not had time to try it yet, just asking)

<update2> it works right off the gate </update2>

Last, BSG does not seem to work, I take it's expected, I have a repro anyway.
<update2> nevermind I must have done something wrong </update2>

57 minutes ago, schnuth said:

Got mine today as well, and it’s working great with a 32gb Sandisk card I had laying around. Thanks a lot to both SainT and Al. It’s been awhile coming, but it was very much worth the wait!

Jealous, I am still waiting on Adventure II to ship, I think.

15 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

I actually downloaded one of the programs someone posted called MiniAide fat 32 Formatter and still got the same issue, I hit the erase partition options, tried formatting multiple cards, and still nothing. The slot seems to be fine too. When I push the SD card in its almost instant to tell me "Memory card Unreadable" and when I push it back out it goes back to "Insert Memory card" so it seems to know there IS a card in there almost instantly, just not reading anything on it. This is the kind of luck I have, I swear I've had so much bad luck in the retro game world these last few years!

Thanks for taking a look at my pics man. I swear I've tried everything, just wanted to avoid having to ship, wait for them to get it and then wait for a new one. I thought perhaps if you saw the screen shots you could see an issue. Both show FAT32 in the pics. The only thing I can see it something called "Volume" not sure what that is but have tried 3 formatting programs on 2 different computers and it's all the same 

Post a screenshot of the Windows Disk Management program when the SD card is inserted into your PC

5 hours ago, catmando said:

Post a screenshot of the Windows Disk Management program when the SD card is inserted into your PC

These are the shots I took. 1 of the cards was brand new fresh from the store with nothing on it at all and already showed FAT32 when I put all the files on it. I exhausted my attempts and the GD went into the mail late yesterday to head back to AA. 

20210326_084415.jpg

20210326_084340.jpg

3 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

These are the shots I took. 1 of the cards was brand new fresh from the store with nothing on it at all and already showed FAT32 when I put all the files on it. I exhausted my attempts and the GD went into the mail late yesterday to head back to AA. 

20210326_084415.jpg

20210326_084340.jpg

That's not the Windows Disk Management program, need to see what the partition tables look like to be able to diagnose further. 

24 minutes ago, CrazyChris said:

Can you start the last game, without have to reload it?

The game is loaded into the ram on the cartridge, so, no.

I will add the ability to auto select the last game you played when rebooting though. Makes it easier to run through a selection of games, or just go back to the last one quickly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1