IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

2 hours ago, SainT said:

The game is loaded into the ram on the cartridge, so, no.

I will add the ability to auto select the last game you played when rebooting though. Makes it easier to run through a selection of games, or just go back to the last one quickly.

Is there a way to mark favorites, and have them sorted at the top?  I don't have mine yet..

13 hours ago, SainT said:

There is no way currently, but it could be done. Or you could put them in a folder... ?

Ha, I don't know man, sounds like a lot of work!  (Still waiting on mine, good thing I am really busy, and have a billion other things I can do to torture myself instead of losing my mind waiting for it.  ?

On 3/27/2021 at 10:29 PM, zezba9000 said:

Right-Click on the "Start" button and open "Disk Management"

This shows what partitions are on different drives.

image.thumb.png.067a6d418f16ab9c8c7066c8988b9a4f.png

Mine comes up at the bottom as Disk 1 and says "Unallocated" does that mean there are no additional partitions? If so that is what I want correct? it is formatted to FAT32 tho

1 hour ago, catmando said:

Can you provide a screenshot like the one in the example. 

That is what it looks like, just says Unallocated. On other views of it it shows FAT32. But this is only 1 of the 7 SD cards I tried that all come up the same, showing FAT32 and wouldnt register with the GD

166675131_499084514803847_3581117434182923797_n.thumb.jpg.e680c01a02ca8aac0d32301f2ba1462f.jpg

That's a bit odd, unallocated means there is no partition information. The device should not be recognised as usable from Windows like this, it should prompt to be formatted if selected.

This is an example for a correctly allocated memory card:

partition.png.2996d6f587c804be9eda03c7cfcfd416.png

25 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

That is what it looks like, just says Unallocated. On other views of it it shows FAT32. But this is only 1 of the 7 SD cards I tried that all come up the same, showing FAT32 and wouldnt register with the GD

166675131_499084514803847_3581117434182923797_n.thumb.jpg.e680c01a02ca8aac0d32301f2ba1462f.jpg

I agree with Saint. They need a partition. 

The GD is already in the mail and set to arrive with Atari Age today actually. But how would I do any of this to make it show whatever you guys are showing? This thing shows FAT32 and there are over 200 files/mrq/roms on it that would never be read by the GD. I also formatted these with 3 different programs and on 2 separate laptops and even used a brand new never touched 32GB micro SD that was showing FAT32 when it came fresh out of the package and still the GD would not read it. 

I have 2 way's Ive done the formatting, using the Micro SD in a USB adapter and then also in the larger SD card holder as well. Both have been inserted into 2 separate laptops, again all showing he same things FAT32 and over 200 files on them when I load them up. 

26 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

The GD is already in the mail and set to arrive with Atari Age today actually. But how would I do any of this to make it show whatever you guys are showing? This thing shows FAT32 and there are over 200 files/mrq/roms on it that would never be read by the GD. I also formatted these with 3 different programs and on 2 separate laptops and even used a brand new never touched 32GB micro SD that was showing FAT32 when it came fresh out of the package and still the GD would not read it. 

You need to right click on the unallocated space and create new simple volume and follow the process from there. 

6 minutes ago, catmando said:

You need to right click on the unallocated space and create new simple volume and follow the process from there. 

Now I did the Volume thing you mentioned and plugged it into the USB drive into a different USB port on the laptop and ran the same thing and this is what it looks like. Hopefully this is correct now. Shows FAT32 and also a drive letter and a partition

164868857_1061614744249918_5365502807443810173_n.jpg

• Like 1

I'm anxious to find out if there's anything up with the cart itself. I've always just formatted a new (or used) card to FAT32 with a click, copied files, popped it in, and was good to go. It seems odd you'd run into non-standard formatting on that many cards without trying. Out of dozens of flash carts, I've only once run into an issue where a cart didn't like a Kingston card, and using a Sandisk fixed it. I never need disk management or anything, just either SD Formatter (for FAT32) or the built-in windows one (usuallly for exFat).

17 minutes ago, Hastor said:

I'm anxious to find out if there's anything up with the cart itself. I've always just formatted a new (or used) card to FAT32 with a click, copied files, popped it in, and was good to go. It seems odd you'd run into non-standard formatting on that many cards without trying. Out of dozens of flash carts, I've only once run into an issue where a cart didn't like a Kingston card, and using a Sandisk fixed it. I never need disk management or anything, just either SD Formatter (for FAT32) or the built-in windows one (usually for exFat).

Exactly, I used the formatter that came with my Windows laptop, the one on my work laptop (Windows 10), some other SDFormatter someone recommended, and then another formatter another person recommended. 

Currently the cart is set to arrive to AA today, depending on when Albert gets is and checks it maybe he can see if one of his cards works. otherwise there was obviously no intentional things done to make any SD card not work, I just formatted them like I've always done but again used a fresh out of the package one that showed FAT32 when I put it in to make sure, dragged roms and mrq files to it and still wouldnt work. I have since forgotten which card that one is exactly since I've formatted so many, so not sure which one it is and have already used a program to reformat it since it didnt work and I was trying out all options. 

56 minutes ago, Albert said:

I received @UHATEIT's Jaguar GD cartridge today and tested it.  I'm seeing the same behavior where it won't read the microSD card that works fine in another Jaguar GD cartridge.  Also verified that the firmware is the latest.  I'll be sending out another cartridge tomorrow.

..Al

Albert is the man! Thank you sir! Sorry to hear there will be 1 in the batch going back to SainT to see what's wrong, but it is good to confirm it was the cart and not the SD cards. Hopefully SainT will be able to fully find the problem on that one. 

1 minute ago, UHATEIT said:

Albert is the man! Thank you sir! Sorry to hear there will be 1 in the batch going back to SainT to see what's wrong, but it is good to confirm it was the cart and not the SD cards. Hopefully SainT will be able to fully find the problem on that one. 

Already tested the replacement to make sure it works fine, boxed it up and printed postage.  Will drop it off at the post office in the morning.  I've sent you the tracking number.

..Al

• Like 4

11 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

Mine comes up at the bottom as Disk 1 and says "Unallocated" does that mean there are no additional partitions?

It has no partition. You need to right-click on the "unallocated" space and create a FAT32 partition.

It should also ask you to assign a drive letter. If it does not correctly assign a drive letter right click on the partition and click "Change Drive Letter and Paths" and set one.

image.thumb.png.c52699e2680f7754499d444d5c969392.png

* If you still have issues use a different SD card reader or different USB port.

* Make sure you eject the SD card before pulling it out.

* After you eject, make sure you unplug the USB cable and not just the SD card as Windows can get goofy if you don't on some readers.

EDIT: looks like you got it work. Posted this before reading other comments.

Edited by zezba9000

Yeah, same here. I have a switch on my BJL-modded console to use the stock BIOS, so I just do that when using the GD. It gets a little further if I launch the Painter demo from the BJL menu first, exit back to the menu, then launch the cart. I can get to the Retro HQ logo like that, but then it still hangs.

Got the Game Drive today. What can I say, the wait is well worth it. What a well build, well functioning device. Thanks SainT.

I moved the Jaguar to a spot in reach of the couch so I don't have to stand up when power cycling the console. :-D

Now I just need to find out how to properly place those mrq files they didn't register yet other than that...perfect. [Edit, it's the naming...]

IMG_20210331_132342.thumb.jpg.db69c33c3b054871109f5e1d7385a557.jpg

Edited by PeterG
  • Like 1