IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

I thought I might post/ask here before creating a new thread (1st I must introduce it with - I'm not not smart to some small degree, but there's at least 1 reason I like these old games - around about the time of Sega Genesis and N64 things just got foggy for me and I could no longer keep up anymore) - Well, I waited patiently and finally received one of these (Many THANKS!!!) and now while I await my microSD for it (tho I guess I could use one of the ones from my LynxGD) - Would someone be so kind as to tell me a best place to get the Roms for this? (I hope it's not taboo to even ask)  As an aside to confirm - dumb question I hope - when I do get my microSD - Do I assume correctly that I download the updated firmware straight to the microSD? (I seem to recall reading in here somewhere that someone of my acumen need not concern themselves with that little port on the side. So, I'm guessing/assuming there will be no direct download to the cart going on here). Any help/info. will be most appreciated. Thanks.     

We can point you to the Atari ST conversions that are posted and discussed here:

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar - Atari Jaguar - AtariAge Forums

Look toward the end of the first post for some download links. Some are locked to only work on this cart and Skunkboard, others are unlocked and can be used anywhere (emulators etc.). There's some other homebrew etc. out there freely distributed or perhaps sold as rom downloads as well. You can search the boards here for other projects etc. That's the only links we're gonna discuss. They are definitely work checking out though. I also recommend a rotary controller for Tempest 2000 and the ST conversion of Arkanoid. The mouse adapter is great for some ST games too.

Also, yes, you place the firmware file in the root folder, let it update, then you can delete it.

Edited by Hastor

22 minutes ago, SparkTR said:

Any word on new stock? Been following this since 2017 but can't seem to buy one due to timezone differences. You guys are buying when I'm sleeping :(

They've available in USA, UK and Germany, so you have a few timezones. :)

Should be more stock in something like 2-3 weeks all going well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Guitari said:

All, I can confirm that the GD is incompatible with the scatbox and catbox using composite output, both NTSC and PAL Jags. It just hangs on the retro HQ logo. (not via the Jag CD unit). 

Have I missed a firmware update for this? 

Yes, this is to be expected, it's not compatible with JagLink.

3 hours ago, Guitari said:

Thanks Saint, it was just that I wanted to use it via composite but not with Jaglink. Although, it is simultaneously plugged into the Jaglink output board. 

Any plans to amend this? 

Put electrical tape over the DSP pins on the port.  Just woke up so can't say which ones they are.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 9:59 PM, Guitari said:

Thanks Saint, it was just that I wanted to use it via composite but not with Jaglink. Although, it is simultaneously plugged into the Jaglink output board. 

Any plans to amend this? 

It's a hardware issue. There are no immediate plans to sort this, although I may try and fix this in the future. The easiest solution would be a Jaglink port on the GameDrive cart.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I sent out a good number of emails earlier this week informing people on the Jaguar GameDrive waiting list that they can now purchase a copy.  If you're waiting and you're using a big email provider like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc., please check your spam folder to make sure any such emails were not deposited there.  I am going to send out another batch of emails today, so those not responding (if they are still interested) are going to lose their place in line if I don't hear back from them!

..Al

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Albert said:

I sent out a good number of emails earlier this week informing people on the Jaguar GameDrive waiting list that they can now purchase a copy.

Got the notice, just having challenges logging in to the Atariage Store.   Help!    (email sent to you on this)

1 hour ago, Albert said:

I sent out a good number of emails earlier this week informing people on the Jaguar GameDrive waiting list that they can now purchase a copy.  If you're waiting and you're using a big email provider like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc., please check your spam folder to make sure any such emails were not deposited there.  I am going to send out another batch of emails today, so those not responding (if they are still interested) are going to lose their place in line if I don't hear back from them!

..Al

Did the boxes for various things (like Adventure II XE) ever get sorted?  Still waiting for my order.  Was going to order some 7800 stuff as well, but figured I'd wait until some of the other random things I've ordered lately would show up, so I don't end up having to break down a bunch of packaging all at once again... ) 

10 minutes ago, leech said:

Did the boxes for various things (like Adventure II XE) ever get sorted?  Still waiting for my order.  Was going to order some 7800 stuff as well, but figured I'd wait until some of the other random things I've ordered lately would show up, so I don't end up having to break down a bunch of packaging all at once again... ) 

Yes, they are all set.  I've already built all the copies of Adventure II XE and Scramble.  Just need to finish all the 2600 games and I will be shipping everything out en masse.  Already have all (well, nearly all) the Jaguar pre-order games shipped, so I'm focused on getting everything else done, as well as non-pre-order games.  I'm a bit buried right now, but hope to be completely dug out from the pit I'm in soon. :)

..Al

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, djones60 said:

I was at 651 and just ordered mine.  That will give you an idea once you found out your place in line.

I'm number 598.  Good thing I asked, I did not see the email.  If I lose my place this third time I am going to set my Jaguar and entire collection on fire.

31 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

Got the notice, just having challenges logging in to the Atariage Store.   Help!    (email sent to you on this)

I can't login either.  I even did a password reset, but getting invalid login.