IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

4 minutes ago, npturton said:

Back on 29th January I was 321 on the list, not heard anything since

As I'm in the UK, will it come from the UK or elsewhere when I get closer to being top of the list

Please advise Al/SainT

For UK customers there are also Retro Gamer Stuff and Retro Towers. They will have stock in a couple of days.

See for links --

https://www.retrohq.co.uk/products/atari-jaguar-gd-flash-cartridge

59 minutes ago, npturton said:

So i get from Retro then and ignore my AA list SainT?

The choice is yours, you may get a message from Al in the next couple of days. ;)

AtariAge gets considerably more stock than the UK as a whole.

3 hours ago, SainT said:

The choice is yours, you may get a message from Al in the next couple of days. ;)

AtariAge gets considerably more stock than the UK as a whole.

I mean depending on when you got on your wait list, and when you paid for it, it's probably on it's way.. if I haven't been spending my time designing a cooler for the Cyberstorm PPC I'd be playing around on my JagGD...

7 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

I was kind of hoping to get StoneAge's included SD card and bit box Deluxe edition though.

I always wonder on the 'correctness' of including preloaded SDcards.  Some people are 100% against it, others will sell them separately, and others just include it in the price (talking about flash carts in general, and not the JagGD in particular. )

On the one hand, if the flash cart seller doesn't include it, then people have to either find a sketchy torrent, troll through forums, or download from archive.org (which can also be sketchy).  Or they can find some sketch seller on ebay that sells "loads of roms on CF or SD!" (I see TONS of these for the Amiga).

If the flash cart seller does include them, they sometimes can get called out for distribution of others' work, and then they stop making the carts because it just isn't worth it. 

Me, I am of the opinion that if people are giving away Homebrew games, tgere should be an pinned updated list in each forum where to get those.  And then either in the same post, with separate links, where you can buy and / or donate to them.

Hunting through forums for updated versions or other homebrew stuff makes most of us miss the opportunity to be able to get them.  Quite a few I have missed out on, due to missing the forum posts here and there and only finding out about them years later!

16 minutes ago, leech said:

I always wonder on the 'correctness' of including preloaded SDcards.  Some people are 100% against it, others will sell them separately, and others just include it in the price (talking about flash carts in general, and not the JagGD in particular. )

I doubt anyone is going to include a populated SD card with a flash device unless they have explicit permission to distribute whatever specific ROMs are loaded onto the card.  This is what Fred Quimby has done with the Harmony Cart (at least if you buy one that includes the SD card).  The homebrew games on the card he obtained permission to include. 

17 minutes ago, leech said:

Me, I am of the opinion that if people are giving away Homebrew games, tgere should be an pinned updated list in each forum where to get those.  And then either in the same post, with separate links, where you can buy and / or donate to them.

Hunting through forums for updated versions or other homebrew stuff makes most of us miss the opportunity to be able to get them.  Quite a few I have missed out on, due to missing the forum posts here and there and only finding out about them years later!

I am working on a solution for this.

..Al

• Like 5

I'm really interested in a good place to find homebrew that's free to distribute (and that can be rightfully purchased as a ROM) for any systems here. I too feel lucky when I track down a buried forum post with a download link, and I'm sure I'm missing many. Versioning can also be tricky as they might have the original in the first post then an update with big fixes buried in dozens of pages 

Looking forward to what Al's working on!

8 hours ago, Albert said:

I doubt anyone is going to include a populated SD card with a flash device unless they have explicit permission to distribute whatever specific ROMs are loaded onto the card.  This is what Fred Quimby has done with the Harmony Cart (at least if you buy one that includes the SD card).  The homebrew games on the card he obtained permission to include. 

I am working on a solution for this.

..Al

That's because you are THE MAN!

Edited by leech

5 hours ago, Hastor said:

I'm really interested in a good place to find homebrew that's free to distribute.

Just because a given homebrew title might be free to download this does not grant anyone distribution rights or permission to bundle with whatever thing they might be selling.

Don't confuse freeware (what most homebrew are) with public domain.

51 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Just because a given homebrew title might be free to download this does not grant anyone distribution rights or permission to bundle with whatever thing they might be selling.

Don't confuse freeware (what most homebrew are) with public domain.

Yeah I don't mean a file repository (though that could be part of it for PD titles), I mean more of a database of links and instructions on how to properly acquire currently available PD, freeware, and paid roms, all in one place for this and other systems.

I really should have said free to obtain in that case. I'm an end user, I'm not distributing anything.

Edited by Hastor
  • Like 1

Finally had a moment to use mine, plugged it in, and only got the RetroHQ screen, and was about to cry, then remembered it didn't work with the JagCD plugged in, so had to take that out, unplug the dual PSU that I bought at some point, and plugged in the giant brick for the Jaguar and it started on up! 

Now to find more than a moment to play some games!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nabuk said:

finally order mine cant wait to put my hand hand on it been waiting for almost 3 years since the day i heard it was in development

I’m not sure if you should be excited to touch it… it feels terrible ?

No but seriously, for $180, would it be too much to ask for a shell that doesn’t feel like sandpaper and a good quality label?

• Sad 2