IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

On 4/15/2022 at 6:30 PM, captainblack said:

I would also add that CD support is already really good, which I really appreciate and Im sure everyone else does too.

It can differ console to console, which is why some people will get different results. The majority of people (as far as I can tell) it works quite well, but for a minority it is unreliable or just plain doesn't work for them.

I'm not entirely sure the reason for this, other than it's the chips in the Jaguar that are varying in terms of their tolerance / timing spec as a cart which will work fine on one Jaguar may not work correctly on another.

This is sad to see.  Someone selling a memory card loaded with games for the Game Drive.  I have reported the item to ebay.  Looking at their feedback, they have already sold a lot of these.  Unfortunately I think all ebay does is remove the listing and the seller will list it again.  We can at least report it each time it appears.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/304454405040

4 minutes ago, CatQuartetGamer said:

This is sad to see.  Someone selling a memory card loaded with games for the Game Drive.  I have reported the item to ebay.  Looking at their feedback, they have already sold a lot of these.  Unfortunately I think all ebay does is remove the listing and the seller will list it again.  We can at least report it each time it appears.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/304454405040

Also using the RetroHQ logo when not selling a product made by them. Dunno if that's an issue according to eBay.

Also just kinda sad that people need someone else to assemble SD cards for them. Scares me they are trying to navigate the menus of a flashcart. They aren't hard, but harder than dropping a file on an SD card (or locating said file initially).

Edited by Hastor

8 hours ago, Hastor said:

Also using the RetroHQ logo when not selling a product made by them. Dunno if that's an issue according to eBay.

Also just kinda sad that people need someone else to assemble SD cards for them. Scares me they are trying to navigate the menus of a flashcart. They aren't hard, but harder than dropping a file on an SD card (or locating said file initially).

I'll paraphrase a video I watched earlier, which I think applies here.  "There are now only shitty lessons in movies coming out, and they just make shitty people."

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I’m waiting on new cases at the moment, I have the pcb’s ready to go. They should be available in about 5 weeks.

Getting chips is very difficult currently, so I’m not sure how long before the next batch of carts after this one.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi,
I don't remember if I already asked the question (I put the obtaining of the GD aside a little because of different reasons, and in particular the difficulty of obtaining it ...), but how are things going with the new regulations concerning customs duties in Europe? How not to have a surprise at the reception with a surplus of several tens of euros (especially because there is often abuse on the part of carriers)?

Edited by DEATH

10 hours ago, DEATH said:

Hi,
I don't remember if I already asked the question (I put the obtaining of the GD aside a little because of different reasons, and in particular the difficulty of obtaining it ...), but how are things going with the new regulations concerning customs duties in Europe? How not to have a surprise at the reception with a surplus of several tens of euros (especially because there is often abuse on the part of carriers)?

Buying from within the EU is the safest bet here, check out DragonBox.

https://dragonbox.de/en/everdrives-flashcarts/jaguar-gamedrive.html

53 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Oh my God !! The price is now 211euros and it's not even the deluxe version!

The price of manufacture has pretty much doubled due to the ongoing component shortages. Things should return to "normal" toward the end of for the year for the JagGD as Lattice starts making stock available again.

I wasn't sure whether to wait it out or have to put prices up until stock became available. I figured stock may as well be available for people, even at a higher price, as people can always wait if it's too expensive for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SainT said:

The price of manufacture has pretty much doubled due to the ongoing component shortages. Things should return to "normal" toward the end of for the year for the JagGD as Lattice starts making stock available again.

I wasn't sure whether to wait it out or have to put prices up until stock became available. I figured stock may as well be available for people, even at a higher price, as people can always wait if it's too expensive for them.

yep, I would  up the price (with the reason why).  For some people the price jump is no big deal and just want the product.  Its always better to have a high priced product than a product that is no longer available.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 10:22 PM, DEATH said:

Hi,

I bought mine from AtariAge and paid our national 20% VAT plus about 15€ postal handling fee. As the courier AA uses seems to deliver through national postal services you should be able to find out on their respective web pages how much they charge. 

I bought from AA to get the box and manual which Dragonbox doesn’t offer afaik. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...