IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

4 minutes ago, RAShepherd said:

Can I Pre-order my 7800 SD cart now please?

Mr Saint, put your health first.

Meanwhile, I will chat with the Queen to give you a Knighthood, you deserve it for services to the global Atari community!

I must get started on the 7800! I'll operate a similar "no orders until it's ready" scheme. I don't think it'll sell anywhere near as many, but then, it should be MASSIVELY easier and cheaper, so that's ok. ;)

Meh, it's been 5 years of shit health, I've given up on the idea of waiting before doing things. You just have to get on with it! :) It does give you a better outlook on life, weirdly. Well, more appreciative of the smaller things I guess.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, SainT said:

I must get started on the 7800! I'll operate a similar "no orders until it's ready" scheme. I don't think it'll sell anywhere near as many, but then, it should be MASSIVELY easier and cheaper, so that's ok. ;)

And I'll be in line for that one as well!  :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kublai said:

Thanks very much. There were a couple that are no longer there such as Action Fighter | Status: Complete  and

Mr Heli | Status: Complete

There's a list under that list that has the direct downloads

Just a heads up, I have created two new forums targeting SainT's SD Cart:

Jaguar SD Cart Support

Jaguar SD Cart Development

Please use these two forums if you have any questions about the SD Cart or you want to discuss development that targets the SD Cart.  @SainT will be monitoring these forums and responding as needed.

Thank you!

..Al

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Rugar said:

WOW Day One 500+ orders. I think you'll have to open your own production line :)

I believe there are still a bunch of people who waiting for full CD support like me, beacuse i already have all cartridges that interest me. 

Great work SainT!

Yup, same here. The price is completely fair, but a bit much when it isn’t adding anything in my particular case at the moment, I thought. Guess the joke’s going to be on me when I put an order in post-Brexit and land with stupid amounts in customs fees instead. ;)

@SainT I'm curious how you're feeling about the response to your product so far.  I clicked the preorder button so fast when I saw it was available that my mouse almost exploded.  I really appreciate your dedication to this old relic of a console and please don't let the negative commentary and vitriol spoil your incredible achievement and hard work.

I'm also curious how Brexit may impact your production/shipping, though maybe you share the same curiosity...?

Thank you so much for your hard work and I hope you're in better health these days.

9 minutes ago, P1r said:

Yup, same here. The price is completely fair, but a bit much when it isn’t adding anything in my particular case at the moment, I thought. Guess the joke’s going to be on me when I put an order in post-Brexit and land with stupid amounts in customs fees instead. ;)

Is that really going to be a thing? Like prior to the formation of the EU, when you bought things from other European (or worldwide) countries, were you hit with a big fee upon receipt? And is the customs fee typically charged by the exporting country or importing country? Never experienced this since we don't have to deal with this in the US. Granted, we deal with a lot of other shit that isn't great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mmm said:

Saint,

I really hope that you take in consideration the no deal brexit and try to ship the carts before the end of October. 

Again, like many others have said, i am also very pleased and grateful of your work.

I'll be doing my best. ;)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Is that really going to be a thing? Like prior to the formation of the EU, when you bought things from other European (or worldwide) countries, were you hit with a big fee upon receipt? And is the customs fee typically charged by the exporting country or importing country? Never experienced this since we don't have to deal with this in the US. Granted, we deal with a lot of other shit that isn't great.

US import duties aren't going to change and we're already boned for importing anything over £15 from outside the EU (20% on the total inc delivery usually, plus another £8 charge for essentially sending you a card telling you to come pick it up and pay for it at your local sorting office). So any parts obtained from the EU might end up driving up the cost I suppose.

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BigKid Icarus said:

@SainT I'm curious how you're feeling about the response to your product so far.  I clicked the preorder button so fast when I saw it was available that my mouse almost exploded.  I really appreciate your dedication to this old relic of a console and please don't let the negative commentary and vitriol spoil your incredible achievement and hard work.

I'm also curious how Brexit may impact your production/shipping, though maybe you share the same curiosity...?

Thank you so much for your hard work and I hope you're in better health these days.

Far more demand than I expected, to be honest. I've been quite public with progress, so I knew the word was out there among a lot of people, but the initial demand has been far greater (like 3x at least) what I thought would be a good figure.

I don't think any "hard-brexit" (as they term it) will affect me in terms of manufacture. We already deal with China with the WTO model, and the only other source for me at the moment for component parts is the UK for the cases. So import wise, no difference.

The problem is going to be what import tariffs are going to be put in place in other countries. However, that said, I deal more with the USA than anyone, so it really is down to what the customer thinks is agreeable with import duty.

8 hours ago, SainT said:

I don’t want to have people’s money and them not have a product. If I lose money from this method, i’m ok with that. I’m very much about positive customer experience.

Wow. You should help Atari SA with that concept.  ?

5 minutes ago, BeefMan said:

Just curious when those that have already ordered can place a second order? I’d like to purchase at least one more as a gift to someone.

I guess at this point, the initial surge of orders is largely through. If people place a 2nd order, it's likely to be a couple of months off now. So it should curtail any eBay scalping which I would like to avoid as much as possible.

9 minutes ago, SainT said:

I guess at this point, the initial surge of orders is largely through. If people place a 2nd order, it's likely to be a couple of months off now. So it should curtail any eBay scalping which I would like to avoid as much as possible.

How would Brexit impact import duties and taxes? 

I venture for US buyers it will make no difference.