IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

A programming question.

Can I write the JagSD rom (er.. JagSD ram that's mapped into jaguar rom address) from the 68000 or it must be done from the micro controller(or the hardware that reads the SD)? It's impossible to be done from the Jaguar side because the cartridge port lacks a write signal?

1 hour ago, Albert said:

We've created an SD Cart Development Forum that SainT is monitoring.  :) 

..Al

Awesome!  This is one of the things I've been hoping this kicks off, more homebrew.  Sure seems that any time there is a flash cart for an old console, more people develop for it.  Since now the barrier of having to create carts is no longer there.

22 hours ago, SainT said:

It may not allow guest payments because of your location, perhaps? I thought it should allow you to do so, to be honest -- I find PayPal just does what it wants half the time. You may be able to use a proxy service to make it appear you are in the US (or wherever you normally are) and use it normally. I only accept PayPal at the moment, so there's not much else I can do. :(

Ok... I'll try in a few minutes with a proxy.

1 hour ago, swapd0 said:

A programming question.

Can I write the JagSD rom (er.. JagSD ram that's mapped into jaguar rom address) from the 68000 or it must be done from the micro controller(or the hardware that reads the SD)? It's impossible to be done from the Jaguar side because the cartridge port lacks a write signal?

Yes, you can write from 68k or GPU, but only in 16 or more bits at a time. No 8 bit writes. There's a register you can set to map the ROM area as RAM and then write enable or protect. It will all be in the libs / sample code / docs eventually... :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick3092 said:

Yay! My JagSD finally left purgatory and arrived in Chicago yesterday afternoon. Hopefully that means it will be in my hands on Saturday. And hopefully everyone else whose package was stuck at Heathrow is moving now too. 

Order number 10. Still in "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" customs hell ?

I just got my JagSD cart today an I'm very excited however it is not working for me. When I tried to load any .jag ROMS it would get stuck at the loading ROM screen. I had to shut off my Jag and when I power it back on it just says loading Reading directory and does nothing. I have tried multiple .jag ROMS and they all get stuck at the loading ROM screen. I tried 2 different brands of microsd. I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kublai said:

I just got my JagSD cart today an I'm very excited however it is not working for me. When I tried to load any .jag ROMS it would get stuck at the loading ROM screen. I had to shut off my Jag and when I power it back on it just says loading Reading directory and does nothing. I have tried multiple .jag ROMS and they all get stuck at the loading ROM screen. I tried 2 different brands of microsd. I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware.

Please post your question in the Jaguar SD Cart Support Forum. Thanks!

..Al

• Like 1

Out of nowhere, tracking showed it at my local post office this morning (USPS tracking can be really hit-or-miss sometimes...) and it was delivered a few hours later! Package looks like it got a little wet, but thankfully the cart and instructions were safe within sealed bubble wrap and anti-static bag. Been having tons of fun with it all day!

• Like 1

Customs finally put their stamp of approval, and after some hide and seek with the mail carrier I've finally got my cart home where it belongs. Not going to lie, after being subscribed to updates to this thread for 3 years I didn't really ever think I'd ever have one. Glorious day! Thanks a lot for your hard work Saint!