IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

Here's a bunch of worthwhile tweets from the man himself....

Waiting on Lynx/NGPC "things," back to work on the Jag GD...

https://twitter.com/TheRetroHQ/status/1234543551893180417

Won't know about pre-existing Jag Preorder List until after outsourced production/sales have been squared away...

https://twitter.com/TheRetroHQ/status/1234602983234637824

Ordered the PCB for the Jag GD testing device; might be coronavirus-delayed...

https://twitter.com/TheRetroHQ/status/1234831209378783232

• Like 2

To avoid more messages on "whats the status", "has it shipped again", etc.....might I suggest unpiining this thread.  Create a new thread called Jag GD Status with 1 message that points to Saints twitter and GameHQ site and then pin it and lock it (allow Saint to update it only).

We can avoid a bunch of where is it msgs - people who havent followed things can easily get to saints latest postings.

Once thing are moving forward we can unlock the status thread for Q&A.

Just my $0.02

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Yes, getting there! A couple of test carts (for the new firmware setup procedure, rather than testing compatibility, that's already done) went out yesterday. Just waiting on feedback, then onto getting instructions printed, then finally shipping a few more. Then its onto proper production and distributors.

The NeoPocket GameDrive is about to go on sale with Stone Age Gamer and the LynxGD is in a similar state to the JagGD. Just waiting on a bit of final feedback, then start getting those over for sale here at AtariAge.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SainT said:

Yes, getting there! A couple of test carts (for the new firmware setup procedure, rather than testing compatibility, that's already done) went out yesterday. Just waiting on feedback, then onto getting instructions printed, then finally shipping a few more. Then its onto proper production and distributors.

The NeoPocket GameDrive is about to go on sale with Stone Age Gamer and the LynxGD is in a similar state to the JagGD. Just waiting on a bit of final feedback, then start getting those over for sale here at AtariAge.

Great news! Cartridge looks very sweet and see even some free games! 

Will you ship the pre-order backlog first and then distributors? Or will that go simultaneously? 

4 minutes ago, waiwainl said:

Great news! Cartridge looks very sweet and see even some free games! 

Will you ship the pre-order backlog first and then distributors? Or will that go simultaneously? 

I'll ship an unknown undecided amount out first just to make sure everything is good with the new firmware update setup, then move over to distributors. :)

• Like 6

As much as I love the AA store, for me, I would prefer in this case to obtain the item from SainT - UK to UK. I am always stung with customs from the US. 
Yes, me too! I guess it depends on where manufacturing is being done though. If Saint is doing it all and sending them out then a UK to UK postal option would reduce the carbon footprint massively.

Atari 1040 STFM with Blitter, 20MB HDD and SM125 monitor, 2* Atari Jaguar, 7* Atari Lynx (inc 1 with McWill mod) ... And as many games as I can get away with!

It will be available through DragonBox in the EU as well. I may do UK orders, or find a different UK re-seller. I'm just doing my best to try and reduce the load on myself so I can actually get some time to make new products, etc... :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It will be available through DragonBox in the EU as well. I may do UK orders, or find a different UK re-seller. I'm just doing my best to try and reduce the load on myself so I can actually get some time to make new products, etc... [emoji4]
Completely understandable!

Atari 1040 STFM with Blitter, 20MB HDD and SM125 monitor, 2* Atari Jaguar, 7* Atari Lynx (inc 1 with McWill mod) ... And as many games as I can get away with!

It will be available through DragonBox in the EU as well. I may do UK orders, or find a different UK re-seller. I'm just doing my best to try and reduce the load on myself so I can actually get some time to make new products, etc... [emoji4]
Great news! DragonBox are very reliable and are nice guys.

9 hours ago, Greg2600 said:

I'm curious, Mr. SainT, are you physically still producing the carts that AA, SAG, Dragon, etc, will be selling, or that's fully been outsourced?

I've streamlined the production / testing side of things a lot, to the point it's not taking anywhere near as long, so I'm doing it myself for the moment. But it's all been done in such a way I'm happy to, and can, outsource any of it.

It's deciding where to draw the line. You lose revenue for each step you outsource, but I physically cannot do everything myself, and with economies of scale getting more selling faster means I can afford to be making less from each cart.

It's tricky! :)

• Like 4