Jump to content
SainT

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, leech said:

Ha, is there a waiting list on AA?  Been waiting for this one for a while, though I think on the original one I was like 230 or so...

I got on the wishlist here yesterday. Don't know where it'll be available first but willing to throw money at either place.

Have 69 in front of me at RetroHQ but it's been 4 years so a little extra waiting until a batch gets to the U.S. is no big for me.

I don't think it could hurt to add interest here as well as the original site.. if anyone is on the fence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Saturn said:

I got on the wishlist here yesterday. Don't know where it'll be available first but willing to throw money at either place.

Have 69 in front of me at RetroHQ but it's been 4 years so a little extra waiting until a batch gets to the U.S. is no big for me.

I don't think it could hurt to add interest here as well as the original site.. if anyone is on the fence.

I certainly put myself on the wishlist as well.  Whenever I order from AA, I tend to order a bunch of stuff that I'd been putting off until I put in an order, so there is that...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, leech said:

I certainly put myself on the wishlist as well.  Whenever I order from AA, I tend to order a bunch of stuff that I'd been putting off until I put in an order, so there is that...

 

Yeah... Jag SD cart - oh wait, more Jag and 2600 games too!  I can see that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I actually purchase it on AA? Is it already sold out or is it not up for actual pre-order yet? I'm on the page but I can't seem to do anything, it won't even let me add it to a wishlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Paranoia Dragon said:

How do I actually purchase it on AA? Is it already sold out or is it not up for actual pre-order yet? I'm on the page but I can't seem to do anything, it won't even let me add it to a wishlist.

2116338498_Screenshot2020-04-24at12_46_43.thumb.png.e83f880c8bb6066d0d3ba5ee0d1e1831.png

 

It's spelled out pretty clearly there.

 

Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 12.46.43.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I incorrectly posted this in the Lynx GD thread yesterday. I'll try again, in the right thread this time... !

 

======

 

I'm sorry, this has gotten rather confusing.

 

The situation is that I will ship *some* (I don't know how many, 50, 100, really not sure!) carts myself as I just want to be sure everything is working perfectly with the new firmware update system. Once I'm happy with this, they will be sold via resellers only.

 

It's a pain trying to "transfer" any pre-orders due to data protection, so it's probably best bet to just sign up to AA as well even if you have an active order with me. You wont accidentally get two, or be charged without contact, so don't worry about that.

 

The plan (as ever) is to produce products in enough volume that all these pre-orders and waiting lists are a thing of the past. I will be at this point shortly with the NeoPocket cart, and others will follow.

 

It's been a rather long and protracted journey to get to this point, but as ever, things are moving in the right direction.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Paranoia Dragon said:

How do I actually purchase it on AA? Is it already sold out or is it not up for actual pre-order yet? I'm on the page but I can't seem to do anything, it won't even let me add it to a wishlist.

It's not for sale yet, but you can get on the waiting list to be notified as soon as they are available.  You can use the contact form here to send us your email:

 

https://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?l=page_view&p=contact_us

 

 ..Al

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I incorrectly posted this in the Lynx GD thread yesterday. I'll try again, in the right thread this time... !
 
======
 

I'm sorry, this has gotten rather confusing.

 

The situation is that I will ship *some* (I don't know how many, 50, 100, really not sure!) carts myself as I just want to be sure everything is working perfectly with the new firmware update system. Once I'm happy with this, they will be sold via resellers only.

 

It's a pain trying to "transfer" any pre-orders due to data protection, so it's probably best bet to just sign up to AA as well even if you have an active order with me. You wont accidentally get two, or be charged without contact, so don't worry about that.

 

The plan (as ever) is to produce products in enough volume that all these pre-orders and waiting lists are a thing of the past. I will be at this point shortly with the NeoPocket cart, and others will follow.

 

It's been a rather long and protracted journey to get to this point, but as ever, things are moving in the right direction.

Superb thanks. I'll assume as I'm 26th on the list that I'll get one from you. I'll sign up to AA anyway just in case even though I'm in the UK. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SainT said:

I incorrectly posted this in the Lynx GD thread yesterday. I'll try again, in the right thread this time... !

 

======

 

I'm sorry, this has gotten rather confusing.

 

The situation is that I will ship *some* (I don't know how many, 50, 100, really not sure!) carts myself as I just want to be sure everything is working perfectly with the new firmware update system. Once I'm happy with this, they will be sold via resellers only.

 

It's a pain trying to "transfer" any pre-orders due to data protection, so it's probably best bet to just sign up to AA as well even if you have an active order with me. You wont accidentally get two, or be charged without contact, so don't worry about that.

 

The plan (as ever) is to produce products in enough volume that all these pre-orders and waiting lists are a thing of the past. I will be at this point shortly with the NeoPocket cart, and others will follow.

 

It's been a rather long and protracted journey to get to this point, but as ever, things are moving in the right direction.

Once you find the sweet spot and decide how many you're going to ship yourself, can you take whoever's left and send that list to Atari Age so the people who have been waiting the longest can get priority in the notification list? (To my mind what I'm asking is materially different from "transferring pre-orders" because you're just giving us opportunity to keep our place in line when making a new order with AA.)  Maybe it doesn't matter because AA is planning to just notify everyone simultaneously and make it a race to checkout, but on the off chance that they're going to notify people in sign-up order, I would selfishly like to be rewarded for my patience and any effort you could spare toward that end would be greatly appreciated.

Is the new firmware update over Wi-Fi or something?  Was the firmware update process changed to make things harder for counterfeiters?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

Once you find the sweet spot and decide how many you're going to ship yourself, can you take whoever's left and send that list to Atari Age so the people who have been waiting the longest can get priority in the notification list? (To my mind what I'm asking is materially different from "transferring pre-orders" because you're just giving us opportunity to keep our place in line when making a new order with AA.)  Maybe it doesn't matter because AA is planning to just notify everyone simultaneously and make it a race to checkout, but on the off chance that they're going to notify people in sign-up order, I would selfishly like to be rewarded for my patience and any effort you could spare toward that end would be greatly appreciated.

Is the new firmware update over Wi-Fi or something?  Was the firmware update process changed to make things harder for counterfeiters?


Very good point!  Just outright disregarding a long established list is not a good way to go.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

Is the new firmware update over Wi-Fi or something?  Was the firmware update process changed to make things harder for counterfeiters?

It's all been updated to give me more flexibility with how I can outsource production and testing while trying to maintain as much security as I can. It's just a matter of scanning a QR code on your TV or entering a URL to check / get firmware updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Saint, I'm always late to the game around here (Though that is to be expected being age affected as I am and having a young kid focused on tearing my brains to pieces from 7AM-9PM every single day{especially here on lockdown as we are}) - Anyway, I unknowingly sent you a (nice) pm/email about about a month ago inquiring about wait list status. In case that noise took me out of the STRONG supporter column, please put me back in. I'm all caught up now. Got myself on the AA waitlist. Be sure to take and/or keep taking care of yourself.  THANKS!!!  🙃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jatari87 said:

Sorry Saint, I'm always late to the game around here (Though that is to be expected being age affected as I am and having a young kid focused on tearing my brains to pieces from 7AM-9PM every single day{especially here on lockdown as we are}) - Anyway, I unknowingly sent you a (nice) pm/email about about a month ago inquiring about wait list status. In case that noise took me out of the STRONG supporter column, please put me back in. I'm all caught up now. Got myself on the AA waitlist. Be sure to take and/or keep taking care of yourself.  THANKS!!!  🙃

No problem. Sorry, I've been fairly useless at replying individually to people. I've been trying to keep everyone as up to date as possible with public posts, but a lot of the posts are not much more than "I'm not sure yet". Things are gradually solidifying with the NeoPocketGD, LynxGD and the JagGD is really the last to the party in this respect. But it's all getting there.

 

I see no point in trying to rush anything and potentially causing people to turn from being frustrated because they have to wait to being frustrated because something doesn't work or there are other issues.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Albert said:

It's not for sale yet, but you can get on the waiting list to be notified as soon as they are available.  You can use the contact form here to send us your email:

 

https://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?l=page_view&p=contact_us

 

 ..Al

Not sure if this is working or not. I click the recaptcha, get the green check and hit send message and I get a please wait banner and then the recaptcha times out. I'd like to be added to the waiting list though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SainT said:

It's all been updated to give me more flexibility with how I can outsource production and testing while trying to maintain as much security as I can. It's just a matter of scanning a QR code on your TV or entering a URL to check / get firmware updates.

Will this work for those of us who got in on the original shipment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mario64 said:

Will this work for those of us who got in on the original shipment?

No, you will still update firmware as before, but you will continue to be supported just the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there some waiting list/preorder for Dragonbox ?

Does this also support Jaguar CD games ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SainTApart from the cart label, what are the differences between those of us who got the original 'Jag SD' cart and the new run of carts being sold soon by AA and DragonBox...?

e.g. Are there any differences on the PCB itself or with the firmware available on each...?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SainT said:

No, you will still update firmware as before, but you will continue to be supported just the same.

Ok thanks. Functionally the carts are the same though right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, to both posts above, it’s the same.

 

Nothing yet for Lynx or Jag at DragonBox yet I don’t believe. Won’t be long before they are available though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SainT said:

I incorrectly posted this in the Lynx GD thread yesterday. I'll try again, in the right thread this time... !

 

======

 

I'm sorry, this has gotten rather confusing.

 

The situation is that I will ship *some* (I don't know how many, 50, 100, really not sure!) carts myself as I just want to be sure everything is working perfectly with the new firmware update system. Once I'm happy with this, they will be sold via resellers only.

 

It's a pain trying to "transfer" any pre-orders due to data protection, so it's probably best bet to just sign up to AA as well even if you have an active order with me. You wont accidentally get two, or be charged without contact, so don't worry about that.

 

The plan (as ever) is to produce products in enough volume that all these pre-orders and waiting lists are a thing of the past. I will be at this point shortly with the NeoPocket cart, and others will follow.

 

It's been a rather long and protracted journey to get to this point, but as ever, things are moving in the right direction.

Morning SainT - Please shoot for highest number possible to ship yourself (100?) some of us have been on the waiting list since last July.  Totally understand the situation and appreciate you and your products.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rancid said:

Morning SainT - Please shoot for highest number possible to ship yourself (100?) some of us have been on the waiting list since last July.  Totally understand the situation and appreciate you and your products.  

The number I ship won’t have any real effect on how long people are waiting, the idea is just to hand that side directly over to retailers. The main issue with waiting time will be getting stock ready, which I will have more time to do if I’m not having to deal with orders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done SainT! I guess quite a few people have been waiting for this, but nice to see progress and things are getting ever closer to an end point.  Hope the UK is represented somewhere in terms of retailers etc... EU at worst from a shipment perspective, but good work, it is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, UK and other European countries planned. 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking into getting some type of clamshell case for this (once I can get one from AA), what's the dimensions on your plastic shell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...