IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

24 minutes ago, kane459 said:

any word on if and or when jag CD support will be added to the game drive?

Not until they are in good supply stock wise, I need to devote time and effort to making them available to people before improving features.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spider-Dan said:

How can you find out your place in line?

At this point as I will only be fulfilling a few more, then the rest will be through resellers. The plan is to have enough stock in place by the time resellers get stock to clear the backlog.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, SainT said:

At this point as I will only be fulfilling a few more, then the rest will be through resellers. The plan is to have enough stock in place by the time resellers get stock to clear the backlog.

Pre-order Position:

1 in front of you

Fingers crossed - crossed so very hard - that "a few more" includes me.

For orders not fulfilled by SainT, is there a mechanism through which our pre-order queue status will be transmitted to resellers? Or is it essentially irrelevant unless you're in the very next batch that's coming directly from SainT?

I have a very low pre-order number (11 in front of me) and am not sure whether to expect to receive a JagGD in the next batch, particularly given that I'm in the United States and international shipping is involved.

I'll happily switch my pre-order to AtariAge if that'd be easiest for SainT. That said, with such a low number, I'd love to preserve my status near the head of the queue if it's possible to do so? If not, no worries.

12 minutes ago, thegoldenband said:

For orders not fulfilled by SainT, is there a mechanism through which our pre-order queue status will be transmitted to resellers? Or is it essentially irrelevant unless you're in the very next batch that's coming directly from SainT?

I have a very low pre-order number (11 in front of me) and am not sure whether to expect to receive a JagGD in the next batch, particularly given that I'm in the United States and international shipping is involved.

I'll happily switch my pre-order to AtariAge if that'd be easiest for SainT. That said, with such a low number, I'd love to preserve my status near the head of the queue if it's possible to do so? If not, no worries.

I'm with you...  #2

51 minutes ago, thegoldenband said:

No, due to data protection I cannot pass on details like that. However I'm sure we can come to some arrangement in that if you let Al know your original order number the order can be retained. That said, I will be trying to make sure there is enough stock to clear the backlog quickly, so I hope the order will be less important.

There is no penalty for keeping your order with me and putting in a 2nd here. If I can't fulfill your order, I wont charge you. Likewise if you dont want to complete a pre-order here, you don't have to. Nothing is binding.

But that said, I'm about 90% sure I'll be fulfilling your order. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, krslam said:

I'm pretty far down the list but am content to wait for AA to start selling them.  I am curious, though, about roughly how many of these have been sold or pre-ordered, if you don't mind saying?

I have not sold any Jaguar GameDrives yet.  The current waiting list (which continues to grow) is at nearly 800 people...

..Al

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Albert said:

I have not sold any Jaguar GameDrives yet.  The current waiting list (which continues to grow) is at nearly 800 people...

..Al

Holy cow, 800?

I just checked, I'm at 82 in front of me on Saint's list.    Sooo close.  :)

Being in the US it would probably be counterproductive to have SainT fill it anyway.  Aren't overseas shipping prices still crazy because of the pandemic?

2 minutes ago, thanatos said:

Holy cow, 800?

We should be able to get through these pretty quickly once they are produced in large numbers.

2 minutes ago, thanatos said:

Being in the US it would probably be counterproductive to have SainT fill it anyway.  Aren't overseas shipping prices still crazy because of the pandemic?

The cost of overseas shipping has not changed because of COVID-19.  However, international shipping times ARE a disaster right now.  It's taking many packages well over a month to even exit the US, and I've seen packages take two months to be delivered once they arrive in the destination country (Germany, I'm looking at you).  Apparently this is because international packages rely on commercial airliners, and since there are far fewer international flights right now, there's an enormous backlog of packages waiting to leave the country.  I've had a few packages get through quickly, but the majority of them are crawling along, sometimes with weeks or a month or longer without a single tracking update.  It's very frustrating.

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Albert said:

We should be able to get through these pretty quickly once they are produced in large numbers.

The cost of overseas shipping has not changed because of COVID-19.  However, international shipping times ARE a disaster right now.  It's taking many packages well over a month to even exit the US, and I've seen packages take two months to be delivered once they arrive in the destination country (Germany, I'm looking at you).  Apparently this is because international packages rely on commercial airliners, and since there are far fewer international flights right now, there's an enormous backlog of packages waiting to leave the country.  I've had a few packages get through quickly, but the majority of them are crawling along, sometimes with weeks or a month or longer without a single tracking update.  It's very frustrating.

..Al

Yeah, I have a package from Centuriontech.eu that I have been waiting for, and I finally got a tracking number, but I don't think it has moved anywhere for weeks...

Good thing I have many other projects going on!

I would say the number of JagGD orders is a decent way to see how many active users there are.  Well except for those peiple that order multitudes of them for themselves!

• Like 1

The shipping situation will not be improved, as the EU are considering banning visitors from the USA, Brazil and Russia (don't blame them) where CV19 is raging.  I'm further assuming that Al will simply be notifying people on the waiting list when the carts can be purchased, with no preference to the order on that list.  I have no idea where I am on the RetroHQ list anymore, and don't care unlike some who announce it every fifth day in this thread, since SainT made it clear a long time ago that he likely wasn't going to be able to fulfill these himself and would use a "retailer."  Furthermore, I never fretted over the spot in the line originally, because he said he would have no issue making that many carts in a reasonable amount of time.  So I don't agree with Al going the extra, probably confusing step, of trying to match to a list he is not privy to see.  I mean, I could email him now and swear I'm next!

17 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

I'm further assuming that Al will simply be notifying people on the waiting list when the carts can be purchased, with no preference to the order on that list.

I am presently very much honoring the order of the list, as I've stated a few  times already.  I don't have access to the RetroHQ list, since that would be a privacy violation.  The next batch of Lynx GD carts I receive should be sufficiently large where I can just let everyone order from the store without having to worry about where people are on a list.  That's the plan, at any rate.  :)

..Al

• Like 1

3 hours ago, krslam said:

I'm pretty far down the list but am content to wait for AA to start selling them.  I am curious, though, about roughly how many of these have been sold or pre-ordered, if you don't mind saying?

Stupid quest but how / where do you check your position on the list?

27 minutes ago, zezba9000 said:

Stupid quest but how / where do you check your position on the list?

See post 3503 above for how to check your spot on the retroHQ list, which is what I was referring to. Not sure how to check position on the AA list, but as I said, I'm not worrying about it.

On 6/22/2020 at 1:58 PM, SainT said:

However I'm sure we can come to some arrangement in that if you let Al know your original order number the order can be retained.

This would be nice, if at all feasible on @Albert's end. I was originally Preorder Position 115 and I believe I got as close as "13 in front of you" but it has slipped back to "25 in front of you." Referring to the RetroHQ list, of course. 

8 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

This would be nice, if at all feasible on @Albert's end. I was originally Preorder Position 115 and I believe I got as close as "13 in front of you" but it has slipped back to "25 in front of you." Referring to the RetroHQ list, of course. 

200 in front of me.  @Albert?  You are my only hope (sorry Star Wars reference).