Jump to content
SainT

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

Recommended Posts

On 5/21/2021 at 12:08 AM, Hastor said:

The most recent firmware has had cd support for some time now. It isn't perfect, a couple don't work or have problems, but most stuff is fine. It's the first release of it but has been available for at least a few weeks now.

am i correct in assuming that as time goes on cd support will get better as the bugs are worked out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the two UK designated suppliers going to receive any stock? Been on their stock alert email for months now and not had a single email 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, catmando said:

Are the two UK designated suppliers going to receive any stock? Been on their stock alert email for months now and not had a single email 

They have had limited stock already, they will get a few more shortly, then more again in about 6 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 2:08 PM, Sporadic said:

Uploading a 4mb ROM via USB to the Game drive takes roughly 8 seconds vs something like 45+ for a Skunk*. For developers, the Game drive allows much faster iterations when you get to the stage of uploading a ROM each build.

Just received a GD in the mail, and my first question is:

- Where can I find the software to upload a ROM to the GameDrive via the USB port?

 

(e.g. something similar to the 'jcp' command for the Skunkboard)

 

I didn't find any software here: https://www.retrohq.co.uk/products/atari-jaguar-gd-flash-cartridge

or any instructions the the leaflet: https://www.retrohq.co.uk/product/jaggd/JaguarGDInstructions.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phoboz said:

Just received a GD in the mail, and my first question is:

- Where can I find the software to upload a ROM to the GameDrive via the USB port?

 

(e.g. something similar to the 'jcp' command for the Skunkboard)

 

I didn't find any software here: https://www.retrohq.co.uk/products/atari-jaguar-gd-flash-cartridge

or any instructions the the leaflet: https://www.retrohq.co.uk/product/jaggd/JaguarGDInstructions.pdf

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shipped a large batch of Jaguar GameDrives over the weekend, and these boxed copies will be shipping today! You can sign up on our Jaguar GameDrive waiting list to get your own copy as more become available:

 

https://forms.gle/SxFMPTGADK5T8r3CA

 

JaguarGameDrives_Boxed_2021-05-24.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Albert said:

Shipped a large batch of Jaguar GameDrives over the weekend, and these boxed copies will be shipping today! You can sign up on our Jaguar GameDrive waiting list to get your own copy as more become available:

 

https://forms.gle/SxFMPTGADK5T8r3CA

 

JaguarGameDrives_Boxed_2021-05-24.jpg

Sweet!  Maybe I'll get mine soon?  Not that I have a billion other things going on, but would love a reason to fire up the kitty again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Albert said:

Shipped a large batch of Jaguar GameDrives over the weekend, and these boxed copies will be shipping today! You can sign up on our Jaguar GameDrive waiting list to get your own copy as more become available:

 

https://forms.gle/SxFMPTGADK5T8r3CA

 

 

Are tracking numbers being emailed to recipients?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jguff said:

Are tracking numbers being emailed to recipients?

Yes, they are emailed automatically when the order is marked as shipped. 

 

 ..Al

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as an aside Albert/Saint are the units manufactured in the UK ?

 

If so, could UK users buy from AA but they could be shipped direct in the UK ?

 

This way you get the revenue without all the customs hassle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saboteur said:

Just as an aside Albert/Saint are the units manufactured in the UK ?

 

If so, could UK users buy from AA but they could be shipped direct in the UK ?

 

This way you get the revenue without all the customs hassle.

If you want to buy from the UK, use a UK retailer. They are listed here --

 

https://www.retrohq.co.uk/products/atari-jaguar-gd-flash-cartridge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, saboteur said:

Thanks saint, but i've registered on both and never heard anything back.

Stock is more limited to the UK due to the much smaller market. But that said, I have a few more which will be going out to UK suppliers shortly.

 

I also have no control over where UK stock ends up, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the majority of the UK stock ends up going out of the country, which essentially makes local suppliers largely pointless to me.

 

There is also DragonBox in Germany which gets more stock than the UK, but also less then the USA. Given the stupid Brexit arrangement importing from the EU isn't really any better than the rest of the world, now, so I see DragonBox as my EU supplier. Although, again, I'm sure stock goes all over the place.

 

Until the demand is largely met the ability to buy locally is going to be frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SainT said:

If you want to buy from the UK, use a UK retailer. They are listed here --

 

https://www.retrohq.co.uk/products/atari-jaguar-gd-flash-cartridge

Unfortunately only AtariAge has the nice box so unless AtariAge starts selling empty boxes I'll probably end up with a cartridge that has crossed the Atlantic twice. To lighten my ecological conscience, if not the box, I'll hope to get a copy of @CyranoJ's new game Gravitic Mines to accompany it. 

 

I can confirm that DragonBox had stock for sale recently. Don't know how UK treats EU imports these day, even if they charge VAT that would be offset by the seller not charging German VAT for sales outside the EU but usually it's the customs handling fees that sour the deal. Once free, our postal service now charges 10 EUR for customs handling regardless of the value, DHL and the like 15 plus VAT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, slx said:

I'll hope to get a copy of @CyranoJ's new game Gravitic Mines to accompany it. 

You might be waiting a while...  got a few months of testing on this one - can't see it happening before November.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2021 at 7:49 AM, CyranoJ said:

You might be waiting a while...  got a few months of testing on this one - can't see it happening before November.

Still enough games on the shelf to keep me busy and we're still hoping for work to pick up during the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally.....the quest for the GD is complete. 

 

Trying to buy one through AA as well but haven't heard back since confirming my desire to buy one via email. 

 

 

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 4.48.19 PM.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Finally.....the quest for the GD is complete. 

 

Trying to buy one through AA as well but haven't heard back since confirming my desire to buy one via email. 

 

 

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 4.48.19 PM.png

 

That is cool.  It is well worth the price of admission, whatever that price turns out to be.  :P   Now have two of these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Finally.....the quest for the GD is complete. 

 

Trying to buy one through AA as well but haven't heard back since confirming my desire to buy one via email.

I apologize for that, I somehow missed both of your replies back in March (the initial reply isn't in my inbox, not sure what happened to it).

 

 ..Al

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Albert said:

I apologize for that, I somehow missed both of your replies back in March (the initial reply isn't in my inbox, not sure what happened to it).

 

 ..Al

It was dark in there and likely eaten by a gru.  :)

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well - I was not supposed to get mine until Tuesday, but guess what showed up this evening?  I am off work until June 7th too, so what great timing!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope it gets to the point where we can just preorder these things ahead of time on StoneAgeGamer. Why can't you just take unlimited preorders and then just make as many as you have to in order to satisfy the demand? Like whoever orders last gets it last?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

I really hope it gets to the point where we can just preorder these things ahead of time on StoneAgeGamer. Why can't you just take unlimited preorders and then just make as many as you have to in order to satisfy the demand? Like whoever orders last gets it last?

 

If you want a guaranteed pre-order, sign up here on AtariAge.


https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1215

 

Next batch of carts shipping out in the next day or two. Just packing everything up now. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, catmando said:

Is that going to all suppliers or just AtariAge?

 

All. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...