IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

SainT's is a cart that will accept an SD card that is filled with multiple ROM images. The one you are looking at on eBay (I assume you're looking at the one from Germany) is a cart that holds a single game ROM and then has to be re-flashed by connecting it to a PC in order to load a new game on to it.

• Like 1

SainT's is a cart that will accept an SD card that is filled with multiple ROM images. The one you are looking at on eBay (I assume you're looking at the one from Germany) is a cart that holds a single game ROM and then has to be re-flashed by connecting it to a PC in order to load a new game on to it.

Thanks for the explanation!

My apologies, I forgot to post the link but it is indeed the ridiculously expensive one from Germany.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-official-Flash-Cartridge/382265545951?_trkparms=aid%3D777003%26algo%3DDISCL.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D48740%26meid%3D47f735260ecf4507ba6b83756a585402%26pid%3D100012%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D7%26sd%3D181985442393&_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985

Edited by Pink

I've just been testing everything I'd not tested before on the current PCB as a final check before getting new boards made. Handy I did, as I've just found the UART connections meant I couldn't send data back to the Jaguar, only receive. But I have data being received over UART now, which is cool. I have a few more things to test, like I2S, INT1 interrupts and JTAG, then I'm done.

I've also made provision for an SPI WIFI module (ESP-12E) as well...

There really isn't that much more to check, but my ever shit health is really slowing me down currently. :mad:

Whats the plan for the wifi module!?

On 1/20/2018 at 2:38 AM, @ircular logic said:

Whats the plan for the wifi module!?

Things like...

FTP to copy games over to the memory card wirelessly

Serial to IP, so you could play modem games over the internet (possibly!)

Remote debugging for devs

General internet access from Jaguar software (direct access to download games over the internet for example)

You could even get it to communicate with the Amazon Echo service... lol. :)

"Jaguar. Play some shitty games."

Edited by SainT
  • Like 13

• 3 weeks later...

WiFi sounds fun, but to be honest, not worth the extra money I would need to pay for it.

Perhaps make it an option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, its completely optional. Like you, I don't believe 99% of people would care or want it. However, the extra money is about £2, so its not going to break the bank regardless!

• Like 5

FTPing over a new homebrew game to the Jaguar... yeah, I need it :lol:

The possibilities down the road for online multiplayer games would be fun. I wouldn't want to miss this for a few bucks.

SainT, I know we mentioned EPROM saves are supported. No save states, correct? I know some of the Ever Drive products support this. Just curious.

Edited by Jagosaurus

Yeah, its completely optional. Like you, I don't believe 99% of people would care or want it. However, the extra money is about £2, so its not going to break the bank regardless!

OK that is quite good a price actually. Usually any 10ct component on the BOM will add £5 on the RRP :)

• Like 1

SainT, I know we mentioned EPROM saves are supported. No save states, correct? I know some of the Ever Drive products support this. Just curious.

Yeah, its not possible on the Jaguar to save game states as quite a few of the hardware registers are write only. So it's not actually possible to know what state the hardware is in... :(

It may be possible to load save states from emulators, although if you cant then save again... not sure how useful this would be.

• Like 1

And a bit of an update. I've just ordered another PCB, hopefully this will be the final one. I've found and fixed as many issues as I can, so I'm now looking forward to getting the new PCB through and seeing if that fixes all the odd stability issues I had. Fingers crossed!

• Like 17

And a bit of an update. I've just ordered another PCB, hopefully this will be the final one. I've found and fixed as many issues as I can, so I'm now looking forward to getting the new PCB through and seeing if that fixes all the odd stability issues I had. Fingers crossed!

All my fingers are crossed, including feet

Edited by danlucio
  • Like 1