IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

32 minutes ago, Rugar said:

WOW Blue Lighting works, one of best CD games! This is amazing news, thanks for info! Now we have 6 CD games working ( Baldies, Battlemorph, Soul Star, Blue Lightning, Primal Rage and Cybernoid).

CyranoJ what about Highlander i see you have them on sd? ?

Commercial titles are NOT FULLY WORKING. These are all work in progress videos.

I will re-iterate, CD support will NOT be available from release, it will only follow after release if it can be made to be stable and reliable.

And no, there is no CD audio, I've stated before that it isn't working.

View any CD game videos as teasers of what is possibly to come and definitely NOT a confirmation of things which are 100% working.

That is all. :)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SainT said:

I will re-iterate, CD support will NOT be available from release, it will only follow after release if it can be made to be stable and reliable.

Yes I know that JagSD coming without CD support, I am just happy that more and more CD games runs. I did not belive that current state of CD support is that good, simply WOW. From what I've read so far i am sure you will relase firmware with CD support someday :) 

I only worried about whether I'll be able to buy jagSD in the first tour for 4 weeks, because peoples have already started to check mail every hour :D

4 hours ago, SainT said:

And no, there is no CD audio, I've stated before that it isn't working.

View any CD game videos as teasers of what is possibly to come and definitely NOT a confirmation of things which are 100% working.

That is all. :)

Is their a preorder list now 

Some questions, and if they've been covered, please excuse my re-asking.. has anyone tested networking? I'm stoked for an 8 Jag networked AirCars extravaganza:P

Also, can someone test if KA version will network with release version?

Doom & BSG as well. I'm assuming there shouldn't be any problem but one never knows with all this new fangled badassery. Would hate to buy 16 of these and half of them end up shelved indefinitely.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rugar said:

WOW Blue Lighting works, one of best CD games! This is amazing news, thanks for info! Now we have 6 CD games working ( Baldies, Battlemorph, Soul Star, Blue Lightning, Primal Rage and Cybernoid).

CyranoJ what about Highlander i see you have them on sd? ?

Soul Star works? That's news to me!

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 6:48 AM, Austin said:

I'm asking if a firm release date and time will be communicated in advance once known (like giving a heads up via his mailing list and in this forum thread). I work graveyard shift and want to make sure I'm awake when orders go live on his site, like I sometimes have to do when there's something I want from Limited Run.

No, too many variables, I can't give any firm dates. I'll certainly say when things are getting close. I'm not entirely sure about giving a precise time to be honest, I'm not sure if it'll crash my web server... ?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Saturn said:

Some questions, and if they've been covered, please excuse my re-asking.. has anyone tested networking? I'm stoked for an 8 Jag networked AirCars extravaganza:P

Also, can someone test if KA version will network with release version?

Doom & BSG as well. I'm assuming there shouldn't be any problem but one never knows with all this new fangled badassery. Would hate to buy 16 of these and half of them end up shelved indefinitely.

Hmm, actually, network play may be an issue. I've just spotted I cant disable UART output to the Jag without disabling the EEPROM. So it may be a case of either EEPROM or network functionality until it gets rectified.

• Like 3

I've read this from start to finish, It's great to see this come to fruition after just over 3 years of work. SainT you are clearly very dedicated, you must be very pleased with what you have accomplished. 

As a new Jag owner, this is right up my street, I'll gladly join the end of the queue. 

Great work SainT

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gummy Bear said:

Only 8 for Saturn then!

Unless the issue gets worked out, then it's back to full on heavily supporting this device as much as I possibly can with the extra purchases. I have other ideas for the SD cart too w/ a few hacks in mind. Would hate to brick one of these though:ponder:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saturn said:

Unless the issue gets worked out, then it's back to full on heavily supporting this device as much as I possibly can with the extra purchases. I have other ideas for the SD cart too w/ a few hacks in mind. Would hate to brick one of these though:ponder:

It should in theory be un-brick-able. I've got bootloaders for micro and jag which can reprogram the rest of the system, and I dont intend those sections to ever be touched. So unless you physically damage it, it shouldn't get bricked.

So the theory goes. ;)

• Like 4

So love Saint's SD carts and what I say will not benefit me in the least since I am not rich.

I think it would be great for Saint to have the first 50 numbered and signed. And he should sell 1 a day on Ebay,  obviously to the highest bidder.

Hopefully this will give people willing to pay big money for the carts first access and all that extra money goes to Saint.

Anyway my two cents.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, raidenwolf said:

So love Saint's SD carts and what I say will not benefit me in the least since I am not rich.

I think it would be great for Saint to have the first 50 numbered and signed. And he should sell 1 a day on Ebay,  obviously to the highest bidder.

Hopefully this will give people willing to pay big money for the carts first access and all that extra money goes to Saint.

Anyway my two cents.

EBay price gouging on Jag items is a routine complaint in here and your idea is that there will be EBay price gouging by the creator at the release of the cart? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madman said:

EBay price gouging on Jag items is a routine complaint in here and your idea is that there will be EBay price gouging by the creator at the release of the cart? 

So 50 people get to name their price, and Saint gets paid. I think he deserves it and how does a limited run effect you. I mean Ebay and Paypal get 18% that must be the gouging you speak of, and I said only first 50 to be sold this way. I might have brought this up in NeoGeo thread in past, I think Saint was not keen on Ebay, but I mention again cause would like to see him get paid etc..

What I read here over last 2 years. Just whiny people that almost demand from Saint. 

1. Don't make it expensive, $150 is too much.  (Average cheap cart is $30, so just saying)
  2. When is it coming out? (So I can sell my collection on Ebay for bank, BTW I am the guy that cried #1)
  3. My favorite no CD image support is a game stopper. 
  4. My second favorite please add networking.

Anyway Saint is a saint.

1 hour ago, CyranoJ said:

My favourite is:

#1 People trying to tell devs what to do with their own products...

47 minutes ago, raidenwolf said:

Good point I agree that's why my #1 and #3 falls into your favorite.

Anyway I am done. Thanks

"Good point" ..... mmmhhh I do not think he means what you think he means.