SainT

Upcoming Jaguar SD Cartridge

Presumably saint's sd solution will quicken the pace of homebrew development as devs can instantly upload to a real jag rather than the time consuming skunk methods.

• Like 1

This is the best news I've heard in a long time. A Jag multicart is something I've always wanted as most games are either too expensive or hard to find. when you have any sort of list put me down. Whenever it becomes available I shall be there. Thanks you so much for taking the time to create this and the Lynx cart.

Edited by SlangeUG
  • Like 1

This is awesome. I noticed in another thread you were asking about save ram. So is it safe to assume that the cart will support game saves?

Yep, I have that covered. At the moment I support upto the max EEPROM size used on the Jag which will be persisted to the SD card. I've actually designed / written and simulated the majority of the custom chip needed to handle things like this already.

The custom chip on the cart (a CPLD type device) will be programmable from the Jag, so updates to the hardware functionality can actaully be made after release as well.

• Like 3

Presumably saint's sd solution will quicken the pace of homebrew development as devs can instantly upload to a real jag rather than the time consuming skunk methods.

I will most likely have a 'dev' option with USB connector and full hardware debugging capabilities as you'd find on an Alpine. This may be a standard feature depending on cost. In theory it's just an FTDI chip, so it's not that much...

Many features like this I will plan from a hardware level, but may require sofware assistance depending on complexity and free time. GadgetUK's assistance with the menu system on the Lynx SD is a prime example of what can happen when you get some community help! :)

• Like 5

I will most likely have a 'dev' option with USB connector and full hardware debugging capabilities as you'd find on an Alpine. This may be a standard feature depending on cost. In theory it's just an FTDI chip, so it's not that much...

Many features like this I will plan from a hardware level, but may require sofware assistance depending on complexity and free time. GadgetUK's assistance with the menu system on the Lynx SD is a prime example of what can happen when you get some community help! :)

More than happy to help. If you need anything, just ask.

• Like 8

Fantastic news! The Skunkboard has had its use, but for those that just want to game (easily), a SD-based option will be soooo much more convenient.

• Like 7

An SD card solution for the Jag has been long overdue. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

• Like 4

Fantastic news! The Skunkboard has had its use, but for those that just want to game (easily), a SD-based option will be soooo much more convenient.

Yeah and taking Reboot to a show or event means only having to secure one cart ;)

• Like 6

Any chance that it will play disc images as well, much like how the Cuttle Cart II supported Supercharger tape games?

Or will it be cartridge titles only?

• Like 1

YES! YES! YES!

Great news. As someone who has is happily enjoying the Lynx SD card, I am very much looking forward seeing this project come to fruition.

• Like 3

'llo here !

So it's finally the time when my Skunkboard will deserve its retirement.

And time for me to bookmark this thread. I'll be on the first line the release day !

Really good news indeed !