IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick need of clarification on the cd support thing. I had asked you about it and you had said it would be coming later. But in this post you are not promising it yet. Now I am not going to say that an sd cart for the jag without cd support is not great work and great for some people, it just would not fit my needs right now. I would probably not want it without cd support.

I have been planning to try and jump right in and get one of the first ones, but with you now saying this, should someone that feels no cd support would be a deal breaker (at least at this point) not be ordering one until you say otherwise on the cd thing?

thanks.

Using CDI images (converted to a specific format I can use on the JagSD cart) is what I'm doing, yes. I'm not promising CD support as yet due to odd issues I've been having, but it should be possible.

Quick need of clarification on the cd support thing. I had asked you about it and you had said it would be coming later. But in this post you are not promising it yet. Now I am not going to say that an sd cart for the jag without cd support is not great work and great for some people, it just would not fit my needs right now. I would probably not want it without cd support.

I have been planning to try and jump right in and get one of the first ones, but with you now saying this, should someone that feels no cd support would be a deal breaker (at least at this point) not be ordering one until you say otherwise on the cd thing?

thanks.

Less wanters mean a shorter waiting list for those of us that will want one.

• Like 5

Since you are someone that feels that way, you should be able to answer your own question. If CD support is a dealbreaker, why not just wait until it is in the product to place your order? Seems pretty straight forward to me.

• Like 7

I think it's a valid concern for some people, the CD is a (relatively) rare item and, as such, would be a prime reason to buy it. I think the posters question is more is this something that can be patched in and is it definitely going to happen. Two valid concerns which i'm guessing are nearly impossible for SainT to answer at the moment (given the nature of the problem).

• Like 2

Yeah I guess it is straight forward now that I put it in words. Just that this is the first he has said anything about it maybe not working out so it caught me off guard and hope for more details.

I don’t have a cd drive so that is a really important part of this to me, and as I already have the ability to play every cart game I would want to, just having cart support on the jagsd is not something I need right now.

I would honestly love to see cd support take priority and cart be backburnered as the cd part of it fills a much larger void.

I still think it looks like a great product with a nice menu and I admire all of saints work.

Edited by NeoInvader

The cart will come out with just ROM support initially, as mentioned, and CD support will be added with a firmware upgrade in the future if it can be made to work (it should work...). As has been mentioned, if CD support is a requirement, don't purchase until it's in-place.

If it ends up requiring a V2 cart for CD support, then that's what will happen. Krikzz has about a dozen versions of each of his carts -- while this isn't really my preferred way of doing things, it's better than there being no cart available for another 12 months while I bang my head against a wall.

Coding on the Jaguar is a mysterious thing, it's not like normal coding, it's more like coding blindfolded while someone beats you over the head with a rubber chicken.

• Like 23

Thank you for the clarification.

But bummer time...you sounded more hopeful in the past.

Looking forward to v2 cart. J/K

The cart will come out with just ROM support initially, as mentioned, and CD support will be added with a firmware upgrade in the future if it can be made to work (it should work...). As has been mentioned, if CD support is a requirement, don't purchase until it's in-place.

If it ends up requiring a V2 cart for CD support, then that's what will happen. Krikzz has about a dozen versions of each of his carts -- while this isn't really my preferred way of doing things, it's better than there being no cart available for another 12 months while I bang my head against a wall.

Coding on the Jaguar is a mysterious thing, it's not like normal coding, it's more like coding blindfolded while someone beats you over the head with a rubber chicken.

Edited by NeoInvader

Thank you for the clarification.

But bummer time...you sounded more hopeful in the past.

Looking forward to v2 cart. J/K

Don't get me wrong, it IS possible with the current cart hardware given a world where things are predictable. It's the unpredictable behavior I'm seeing which is the issue, and why I will not say "IT WILL HAPPEN" just to try and gain more sales. I'm far happier being honest and saying it's something which is likely to come after release, but I cannot guarantee it.

CyranoJ has offered to help with getting CD support working once get him a test unit over, so it's far from dead in the water. If there's one person I'd want helping with weird Jaguar-ness, it's him... :)

Stay hopeful. ;)

• Like 12