IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

2 hours ago, racerx said:

Obviously the only fair release method is by order of AA seniority.  ?

Ha, I was thinking post count, but then discount the sarcastic ones :P

Yeah, he should be just opening on his store front.  Been looking forward to this for years.

With regards the game ROMs we will need for this item - I assume it is a case of they are easily findable and downloadable from various places on the internet. I have an old Xbox running CoinOps 6 and that has around 20,000 Roms on it so I assume there's plenty of places online for downloading the files for each Jaguar game. I have never actually loooked for Jaguar Roms online, but with this coming close to release, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of where is the best place to download the game Roms for jaguar games... I do assume for one reason and another that these won't be sold full of Roms, so in preparation for buying one of these, where is my best place to look to find the game Roms I will need... I am not sure if this has been covered pages/months ago so my apologies if it has been covered.

3 hours ago, SainT said:

Ha!  That video is on the image for the Vampire's CoffinOS R54, if you ho into the Fusion directory as the Launch Fusion.mpg file.  Had not seen it before then.  At least I don't think so, I may have seen it back in the day.

15 hours ago, JaggingUK said:

With regards the game ROMs we will need for this item - I assume it is a case of they are easily findable and downloadable from various places on the internet. I have an old Xbox running CoinOps 6 and that has around 20,000 Roms on it so I assume there's plenty of places online for downloading the files for each Jaguar game. I have never actually loooked for Jaguar Roms online, but with this coming close to release, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of where is the best place to download the game Roms for jaguar games... I do assume for one reason and another that these won't be sold full of Roms, so in preparation for buying one of these, where is my best place to look to find the game Roms I will need... I am not sure if this has been covered pages/months ago so my apologies if it has been covered.

Just use Atarimania.com

Mitch

10 hours ago, seastalker said:

I just heard of this flashcart.  With this, now I REALLY hope Analogue will make an Atari console like the Mega SG to pair with this. The 7800 core is already done and I think maybe 2600/5200. Add Lynx and instant sale from me.

Jaguar FPGA ist near impossible as of today. Its the same story as with a saturn FPGA clone, as the FPGA has to rebuild a complex system architecture

17 minutes ago, CD-i said:

Jaguar FPGA ist near impossible as of today. Its the same story as with a saturn FPGA clone, as the FPGA has to rebuild a complex system architecture

The Jaguar FPGA already exists, it was created from the netlists found on some old Atari backup drives. As such, it's 100% accurate.

It's possible to emulate it on a FPGA, but the price of the FPGA you need for that makes it unattractive.

SainT: if you're referring to Torlus' project, IIRC some tweaking was needed, because the original netlists used logic tricks that are not safe on FPGAs. And IIRC it didn't run full speed on common FPGA platforms.

• Like 2