IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

7 minutes ago, leech said:

Ha, much like their SIP service, it'll be usable for a while, then they'll get bored of it and close it down.  Oh they do that to most things, so no :)

Are you all talking about Google FI?  I've been using it for years now.  No problems so far.  Other than some coverage dead spots due to who they have partnered with.

48 minutes ago, Zerosquare said:

But does it run full speed? Given enough logic gates, you can run pretty much anything, but not necessarily real-time.

I'm not sure where this "full speed" thing is coming from. With an FGPA, it either fits and works, or it doesn't. I've seen it running on an FPGA, it works. ElectronAsh was talking about a MiSTer core for the Jag at one point. He always has many things on the go, though... ;)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SainT said:

I'm not sure where this "full speed" thing is coming from. With an FGPA, it either fits and works, or it doesn't. I've seen it running on an FPGA, it works. ElectronAsh was talking about a MiSTer core for the Jag at one point. He always has many things on the go, though... ;)

For some reason, I too had it in memory that the Stratix FPGA Torlus worked on wasn't quite running full speed either but it does appear to be full speed judging from the Cybermorph video he posted many years ago:

5 minutes ago, Pinballs said:

Re Analogue:

Jag on its own isn't viable IMO, but add 7800, 5200 and 2600 and Analogue would have a killer product. It's hopefully only a matter of time...

3 different cartridge ports is not really their MO. Also, I'm still not sure that's a viable product in terms of what they'd need to sell.

31 minutes ago, Pinballs said:

Re Analogue:

Jag on its own isn't viable IMO, but add 7800, 5200 and 2600 and Analogue would have a killer product. It's hopefully only a matter of time...

25 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

3 different cartridge ports is not really their MO. Also, I'm still not sure that's a viable product in terms of what they'd need to sell.

What would they call that?  Atari's Failed Console pack?  Well I guess if they dropped off the 2600 which was hugely successful.  I should get me a 7800, and find the mod for the 5200 so if I use the VCS adapter, it won't fry it. :P

3 hours ago, Pinballs said:

Re Analogue:

Flash carts are a solution to classic console owners that don't have all the games on cartridge that want to use the systems to play them.

New consoles that would require new buyers to find old carts would just make the old games even more sparse.  I understand the desire for the old cart collectors to want systems that can use HDMI and modern TVs, but that market is not going to make a hardware manufacturer enough to warrant such a project.

8 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

They could do like they did with the SG and include adaptors, in the case of SG adaptors for Master System. 

That said, the Jag isn't popular enough for them to go through the hassle of making a Jag FPGA, a simple 2600 one would suffice but the Retron 77 has pretty much cornered the market for people wanting new machines to play their old cartridges on a modern TV. 

19 minutes ago, SainT said:

Thanks! For those that haven’t seen it...

B9359BBA-C367-4F1B-BB46-C2A49816C004.jpeg

That's amazing!  Can't wait!  This at least should be easier than the skunkboard to play the ST ports, right?  I need to take some vacation and spend some time with the ol' cat....

I've posted about an Analogue Atari console.  Ma and Pa kettle don't remember or know what a Jaguar is... many don't even know the terminology of 2600 nor VCS let alone in-between.  Even Nintendo misnomers for ANY video game console... it was all called "an" or "the" Atari. So I don't care how it is marketed as a FPGA Jaguar or 2600. If it plays all the Atari consoles, I'm in and if future A8/ST non hardware core-only support is added via usb ports for keyboard, even better. 

1 hour ago, leech said:

This at least should be easier than the skunkboard to play the ST ports, right?  I need to take some vacation and spend some time with the ol' cat....

They're all locked to the skunkboard and will not boot on the SD cart unmodified, I will have to re-release them all locked to the Saint SD.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, seastalker said:

I've posted about an Analogue Atari console.  Ma and Pa kettle don't remember or know what a Jaguar is... many don't even know the terminology of 2600 nor VCS let alone in-between.  Even Nintendo misnomers for ANY video game console... it was all called "an" or "the" Atari. So I don't care how it is marketed as a FPGA Jaguar or 2600. If it plays all the Atari consoles, I'm in and if future A8/ST non hardware core-only support is added via usb ports for keyboard, even better. 

I got a MiST.  Doesn't cover the Jaguar, but I think it covers everything else.

3 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

They're all locked to the skunkboard and will not boot on the SD cart unmodified, I will have to re-release them all locked to the Saint SD.

Ah, makes sense.  I have had the skunkboard for ages now, but have yet to spend the time setting up the tools to use it!

54 minutes ago, leech said:

have had the skunkboard for ages now, but have yet to spend the time setting up the tools to use it!

I read this all over the place.  I don't know how much time people need to copy JCP.EXE into their path, it's not like it needs an entire development studio installed :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CyranoJ said:

I read this all over the place.  I don't know how much time people need to copy JCP.EXE into their path, it's not like it needs an entire development studio installed :)

Far easier to just wait for the JagSD and have yourself a nice doorstop, too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, litoskin said:

Looking forward to have the opportunity to buy some for me and for italian Jagfest comunity...i tried to contact you SainT with PM here at Atariage even to ask you for some lynx SD carts bu i never had a reply...if you can please contact me ...Ciao

Maybe try reading the Lynx SD cart thread: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/250637-lynx-multi-card-preorders/?do=findComment&comment=4307992

On 7/12/2019 at 12:16 PM, litoskin said:

Looking forward to have the opportunity to buy some for me and for italian Jagfest comunity...i tried to contact you SainT with PM here at Atariage even to ask you for some lynx SD carts bu i never had a reply...if you can please contact me ...Ciao

If you check the Lynx thread I'm just sorting out a new version of the Lynx cart, so I've not shipped any in ages. I will be in touch, sorry for the delay. I've had rather a lot on with the Jaguar and NeoGeo Pocket carts and I've neglected the PM's recently, sorry! :(

Edited by SainT