IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

20 hours ago, seastalker said:

I've posted about an Analogue Atari console.  Ma and Pa kettle don't remember or know what a Jaguar is... many don't even know the terminology of 2600 nor VCS let alone in-between.  Even Nintendo misnomers for ANY video game console... it was all called "an" or "the" Atari. So I don't care how it is marketed as a FPGA Jaguar or 2600. If it plays all the Atari consoles, I'm in and if future A8/ST non hardware core-only support is added via usb ports for keyboard, even better. 

Add JagSD for all Jag games, Atarimax (& other Everdrive equivalents) for all other games. That's a lot of Atari games covering 4 consoles. I think it would be worth Analogue's while making such an 'Atari Cheetah' :-)

On 7/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, Pinballs said:

Add JagSD for all Jag games, Atarimax (& other Everdrive equivalents) for all other games. That's a lot of Atari games covering 4 consoles. I think it would be worth Analogue's while making such an 'Atari Cheetah' :-)

I am so with you. This JagSD cart REALLY invites someone somewhere to make a "less expensive than an Ebay Jaguar but with new parts" FPGA console. Seems Analogue is the best option..."but who remembers the Jag?"  yadda yadda- regardless, then an Analogue "2600 console that happens to also do Jaguar and by the way have you heard of the 7800 and 5200" system would be an instant buy for me regardless of the difficulty they will have with marketing: I am also up for a Jaguar FPGA console that does 2600/7800 etc.   

28 minutes ago, seastalker said:

I am so with you. This JagSD cart REALLY invites someone somewhere to make a "less expensive than an Ebay Jaguar but with new parts" FPGA console. Seems Analogue is the best option..."but who remembers the Jag?"  yadda yadda- regardless, then an Analogue "2600 console that happens to also do Jaguar and by the way have you heard of the 7800 and 5200" system would be an instant buy for me regardless of the difficulty they will have with marketing: I am also up for a Jaguar FPGA console that does 2600/7800 etc.   

Just get a MiSTer.

Ash is working on it.

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=34810

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seastalker said:

I have a MiSTer and am looking forward to it. Still, the JagCD I don't think even has an emulator for it yet so to play CD games one would still need the FPGA cart to plug into a Jag or clone console.

When Ash gets it working I can always rewrite the CD BIOS for the JagSD for it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DoTheMath said:

Yeah i'd rather have an hdmi output for my real Jag. At least it will be 100% accurate.

Accept no substitutes. ?

All you need is the real deal and an OSSC for the HDMI experience.

I rock the CRT 90% of the time, but the OSSC and 65" LCD are used for multiplayer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gummy Bear said:

Accept no substitutes. ?

All you need is the real deal and an OSSC for the HDMI experience.

I rock the CRT 90% of the time, but the OSSC and 65" LCD are used for multiplayer.

That's how I do it, I've got the Jag, Genesis and currently a Saturn that I need to repair all hooked into a SCART splitter that then goes to the OSSC.

2 minutes ago, leech said:

That's how I do it, I've got the Jag, Genesis and currently a Saturn that I need to repair all hooked into a SCART splitter that then goes to the OSSC.

My Jag is SCART to the OSSC too and most games look great but Doom looks like ass. Not to derail this anymore than necessary but can you post any specific settings or PM them? Thanks

2 minutes ago, Saturn said:

My Jag is SCART to the OSSC too and most games look great but Doom looks like ass. Not to derail this anymore than necessary but can you post any specific settings or PM them? Thanks

Huh, don't think I've ever tried Doom on it, since I beat the game back in the day.  I'll take a look and PM after work today.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DoTheMath said:

Yeah i'd rather have an hdmi output for my real Jag. At least it will be 100% accurate.

There is an adapter for Jaguar -> component(via HD Retrovision cables) made by Jody Hicks(Uncle Jody on twitter). 923357633255534593
I use one on my Jag.. its pixel perfect on a consumer grade CRT

Edited by coleshores

20 hours ago, Pinballs said:

The future is FPGA consoles and Everdrives, with upscaled HDMI outputs ?

IDK why people insist that FPGA is a magic bullet.  Every hardware scenario has to be tested millions of times to ensure it's accuracy.
Heck even the SuperNT, which was tested in this fashion had a minor issue with Mega Man X upon it's release.  This was by a company with resources, who paid Kevtris to develop it.
The open source community will struggle with accuracy much more than they did.

10 hours ago, zezba9000 said:

Replicas are cool and should exist but at that point emulation isn't much different.

It's an apples to oranges comparison.  One attempts to replicate the actual circuitry via a HDL schematic rather than create a software abstraction layer on top of existing hardware.

38 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

So, I know there's some drama over PayPal not allowing pre-orders that are more that 30 days out - is that basically the only thing holding back pre-orders right now?  Is the plan to use pre-orders to fund the actual manufacturing?  Just wondering why a 30 day lead time would not be sufficient.  

No, I don't take any payment until the cart is ready to ship. I don't like the idea of taking money before I have the goods -- doesn't sit right with me! This is the whole issue, really, if I was more like a lot of other folks, I'd just take your money straight away and be done with it. No hassle! :)

I think what I'm going to do is, if when I come to take payment it's no longer valid, just cancel it and request payment again. I wanted to avoid having more rounds of emails and so on, as I don't find email very reliable with so many emails just getting spammed. But until PayPal sort themselves out, I think this is the best interim solution. A lot of the orders ARE valid for 1 year, so at least its not going to be all of them with a problem.

• Like 8

On 7/18/2019 at 5:12 PM, coleshores said:

There is an adapter for Jaguar -> component(via HD Retrovision cables) made by Jody Hicks(Uncle Jody on twitter). 923357633255534593
I use one on my Jag.. its pixel perfect on a consumer grade CRT

I love component but i have SCART cables already that my TV accepts and my concern lies with newer models that don't have both of these analog ports. When i'll have to replace, an adapter will be the mandatory route.