IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

On 7/18/2019 at 3:21 PM, SainT said:

No, I don't take any payment until the cart is ready to ship. I don't like the idea of taking money before I have the goods -- doesn't sit right with me! This is the whole issue, really, if I was more like a lot of other folks, I'd just take your money straight away and be done with it. No hassle! :)

I think what I'm going to do is, if when I come to take payment it's no longer valid, just cancel it and request payment again. I wanted to avoid having more rounds of emails and so on, as I don't find email very reliable with so many emails just getting spammed. But until PayPal sort themselves out, I think this is the best interim solution. A lot of the orders ARE valid for 1 year, so at least its not going to be all of them with a problem.

Well, I’ll happily help you test that system out ;)

9 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

The ports locked to the Skunkboard are all now ready for the big day:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Just in case anyone was wondering how long it would take me to get around to these for this board.

Whaaaaat?  I had no idea Star Wars Arcade had been ported to the Jag.  As if I wasn't already excited enough for this thing.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

The ports locked to the Skunkboard are all now ready for the big day:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Just in case anyone was wondering how long it would take me to get around to these for this board.

Are these going to be free to download?  Or for purchase?  Thank you for the conversions.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 11:12 AM, coleshores said:

There is an adapter for Jaguar -> component(via HD Retrovision cables) made by Jody Hicks(Uncle Jody on twitter). 923357633255534593
I use one on my Jag.. its pixel perfect on a consumer grade CRT

Do you know if he's still making/selling these component adapters? I just learned about these from your post and reached out to him on eBay and Twitter. Hoping for a response. ?

1 hour ago, 42bs said:

SD cards are so large (1T meanwhile) and there are so few ? Jaguar games, you can put all of them on one card.

JagSD only supports FAT / FAT32, so that limits you really to SDHC and 32GB. You may get away with SDXC cards formatted to FAT32, but I can't guarantee. Although that said, you'll get everything you'll ever want into 32GB and have plenty of space free... ;)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SainT said:

JagSD only supports FAT / FAT32, so that limits you really to SDHC and 32GB. You may get away with SDXC cards formatted to FAT32, but I can't guarantee. Although that said, you'll get everything you'll ever want into 32GB and have plenty of space free... ;)

I'm getting annoyed because it seems almost every card I get now is formatted in exFAT.

7 hours ago, rayik said:

Are these going to be free to download?  Or for purchase?  Thank you for the conversions.

I'll put them up for download, just like I did for the -Skunkboard locked ROMs.  I'd love to upload 100% unlocked roms for VJ, etc, but we all know a few individuals (and, yes, we all know who they are as well) will put them up on ebay.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I'll put them up for download, just like I did for the -Skunkboard locked ROMs.  I'd love to upload 100% unlocked roms for VJ, etc, but we all know a few individuals (and, yes, we all know who they are as well) will put them up on ebay.

Once it is all said and done I wouldn't mind to "donate", so if you have a landing page with a "donate" paypal I'd be using it, if not maybe we'll get it done via PM once it's time (I'm too much of a cheapskate to just do it now).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

Once it is all said and done I wouldn't mind to "donate", so if you have a landing page with a "donate" paypal I'd be using it, if not maybe we'll get it done via PM once it's time (I'm too much of a cheapskate to just do it now).

Thank you, but I'm really not interested in doing that. 

If people would like to support anyone for the ports, grab a game or two from Gaztee who has/is doing a great job getting physical copies made. 

Other than that, buy something in the AA store or get a subscription (I see you have!) to help Albert keep this place running.  

I didn't port these as a cash cow and I don't intend to start now. ?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I remember when you helped me a couple years ago on a Raiden rom that wouldn't load so on the skunkboard and there was a special one you sent to me that had "skunk" in the title. It seems that now with these roms that might have been locked to a skunk they should work just fine on the SD cart without any issues am I right?

On 7/22/2019 at 5:44 PM, UHATEIT said:

I remember when you helped me a couple years ago on a Raiden rom that wouldn't load so on the skunkboard and there was a special one you sent to me that had "skunk" in the title. It seems that now with these roms that might have been locked to a skunk they should work just fine on the SD cart without any issues am I right?

You wont need commercial ROMs modified to work on the JagGD (like Raiden), but the skunk specific titles which specific lock themselves to running on the skunk wont run on the JagGD. You'll need the GD versions above. I could simulate the functionality required to run skunk titles, but as GD versions have been released, there isn't much point.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, SainT said:

You wont need commercial ROMs modified to work on the JagSD (like Raiden), but the skunk specific titles which specific lock themselves to running on the skunk wont run on the JagSD. You'll need the SD versions above. I could simulate the functionality required to run skunk titles, but as SD versions have been released, there isn't much point.

Ok cool, i was not aware that SD versions were released on some of them so I'll have to look for those out there then. I have a ton of the ones with "skunk" in the titles and I assume those are likely skunk locked only.

@CyranoJ

It's very generous to offer to upload roms-  many thanks! I've bought many AA games, and certainly will continue to do so. I'd also pay for Jag roms to put on the JagSD.

I have a skunkboard... that to my chagrin I never used! Is there a link for your uploads for it? It would be nice to get it working!