IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

4 minutes ago, djones60 said:

This is a bit off topic but still Atari related.  Is there a SD cart for the Atari 8 bit computer, i.e. the 400/800/800xl, etc?

Multiple - see the "loading device comparison" PDF at this link -

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Albert said:

I don't think PayPal Credit is offered by default when a site takes PayPal.  I've had them call and email me telling me I can add it easily to the AtariAge Store, which is something I had forgotten about, so I need to follow up on that.  So I assume that's why PayPal Credit wasn't available..

..Al

That I was not aware of! I'll see what the potential pitfalls are (if any) and see if I can get it enabled for the shop.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, vintagemoose said:

I Used PayPal Credit

That's good to know -- I'll have to find a guinea pig to try this out in the AtariAge Store to see if that option is available.  If so, then what PayPal was selling me on was displaying a PayPal Credit button or link in the store that would allow people to possibly sign up for PayPal Credit if they didn't already have it.  I need to investigate!

..Al

19 hours ago, RAShepherd said:

Oh also I know we don't want to get into politics, but in the Brexit issue it's possibly affecting commerce so I think we can discuss it.

I see people saying "When we leave the EU..." It should still be IF UK leaves....  Honestly it's been 3 years and there is no way of saying we (UK) will ever actually get out whether we want to or not! A lot of the politicians don't want a crash out no deal.  Boris says that will happen even if he has to suspend parliament and allow a crash out hard brexit.  Big news for Boris, it's a parliamentary democracy and he isn't a dictator of a banana republic.

With all the chaos there has been talk of a vote of no confidence in the Govt and then a temporary Govt of National Unity like in Wartime!

Some have even said we may have to appeal to the Queen if Boris does try to bypass parliament.  Last time someone tried to roll over Parliament, we chopped his head off, (Charles I, 30 January 1649) and I'm thinking of Boris' bonce here not her maj!

I'll only post once more about Brexit, because it's not fair to derail this fine thread. I'm an optimist, and today's meeting of Johnson and the real president of Europe (Merkel) was very positive. They are aiming to solve the ridiculous and unnecessary 'Irish backstop' issue within 30 days, and then the remainder of the withdrawal agreement can get approved in the House of Commons, which includes remaining in the single market.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49427674

"German Chancellor Angela Merkel has suggested an alternative to the Irish border backstop - a key Brexit sticking point - could be found within 30 days."

Sorted.

Edited by Pinballs
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 11:15 AM, BigKid Icarus said:

I'm assuming the UK has dodged the Trump tarrif extravaganza so far, but that's an interesting point as that would fall back on the consumer at the end of the day anyway.

Pretty sure US tariffs only effect countries the US (which I'm a part of) have been having trade issues with and/or human rights / western value system issues... namely China which takes US technology, re-brands it, then resells it internally or re-exports it and the Chinese government doesn't stop it.  The world is a pretty nasty place 1st world / western countries tend to forget... Wish the solutions to our global problems were more clear.

Edited by zezba9000
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Blazing Lazers said:

Just saw this now, got Order #642.  Can't wait and am really looking forward to it!

Wow, interesting to know how many of these have sold (and only in two days).  Kind of wish other flash carts, and other retro / homebrew things revealed their numbers. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Philsan said:

In which aspects it is better than AVGCart?

AVGCart looks good @Philsan.  Turns out I actually bought my Ultimate Cart back in November 2017.  So this is the first time I've ever heard of AVGCart.  Tech moves on fast... even in Atari world!  So at the risk of straying off topic for too long, do tell how AVGCart is now #1.

1 minute ago, GoldenGraham said:

AVGCart looks good @Philsan.  Turns out I actually bought my Ultimate Cart back in November 2017.  So this is the first time I've ever heard of AVGCart.  Tech moves on fast... even in Atari world!  So at the risk of straying off topic for too long, do tell how AVGCart is now #1.

It has an (obviously limited) ATR read/write compatibility (with a button for disk swap), it has a very nice search function, it can use SIDE2 cart loader, firmware can be updated without additional hardware, it costs $45.

• Like 1

Hi Saint and Albert,

I got the paypal credit option showing for me at Paypal check out page, presumably because I had already signed up to use it over a year ago and I did use it successfully for the Jag SD pre-order. It was handy to be able to do that because I don't know exactly when Saint will make my cart, post it and charge for it, but I know there will be room in my credit and I won't max it out up to the limit.  If I'd used my debit card/current account and the SD cart was to be charged 2 days before payday, it would probably bounce cos there would be about £2.50 left! (I'm only half joking...)

Albert, I've been meaning to send you a 7800 Ballblazer cart for pokey extraction and insertion into an awesome Bentley Bear 7800 cart.  Shall I try to order (after pay day obviously!) and see if I get my Paypal Credit option showing?

Cheers from the currently United Kingdom ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinballs said:

I'll only post once more about Brexit, because it's not fair to derail this fine thread. I'm an optimist, and today's meeting of Johnson and the real president of Europe (Merkel) was very positive. They are aiming to solve the ridiculous and unnecessary 'Irish backstop' issue within 30 days, and then the remainder of the withdrawal agreement can get approved in the House of Commons, which includes remaining in the single market.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49427674

"German Chancellor Angela Merkel has suggested an alternative to the Irish border backstop - a key Brexit sticking point - could be found within 30 days."

Sorted.

I try to be an optimist but when 3 years pass by reaching a deadlock in real life, I become a pragmatist.  Just watch somebody else stick the boot in despite Mutti Merkel's efforts.  My last thought, in or out, UK was world's 5th Largest economy in 2018;  source- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal), whatever happens, I think we'll survive. I doubt we'll starve or run out of water like the poor Venezuelans.  It maybe short term chaos but Obama told me "In a crisis, you can't panic... think of the long term, where you want to be and how you're going to get there."

I've never been able to use PayPal credit for out of USA purchases. I also wish PayPal would have taken the money out my account when I ordered instead of some unknown point in the future. Cards expire, accounts get closed, etc over time so I hope Saint will give us at least a week's notice so we can change our original payment choice if needed.

48 minutes ago, RREDDWARFF said:

This makes me disappointed and sad...

Why now, after you can pre order it for a couple days already? There was just no list before payment could be set up like his other carts. This one requires a payment method via PayPal. The others were sign up and get an email when it's ready. No big difference. Order one now!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hastor said:

Why now, after you can pre order it for a couple days already? There was just no list before payment could be set up like his other carts. This one requires a payment method via PayPal. The others were sign up and get an email when it's ready. No big difference. Order one now!

Where the heck do I order this? I can't find a link anywhere and it's not in the Atariage store  

11 hours ago, RAShepherd said:

I try to be an optimist but when 3 years pass by reaching a deadlock in real life, I become a pragmatist.  Just watch somebody else stick the boot in despite Mutti Merkel's efforts.  My last thought, in or out, UK was world's 5th Largest economy in 2018;  source- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal), whatever happens, I think we'll survive. I doubt we'll starve or run out of water like the poor Venezuelans.  It maybe short term chaos but Obama told me "In a crisis, you can't panic... think of the long term, where you want to be and how you're going to get there."

Idiots panicking is the biggest issue. It's like when it snows over here, suddenly all the supermarkets are empty as everyone buys 100 loaves of bread and 50 pints of milk. It's fecking snow not a nuclear holocaust.

Anyway, yes, it's in the interest of the EU to deal with us. We are a large economy and buy a shit-load of everything from the EU, if it becomes uneconomic to buy from the EU, then we'll start actually producing more "in-house" or buying elsewhere. This will screw the EU economy as a whole.

It's not a one way street, it's a symbiotic relationship.

Sorry, enough political crap, very dull! Retro hardware is what you want.

Just re-testing and packing the first batch of JagSD's.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1