IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

20 hours ago, slx said:

Not wanting this to turn into something very political

Removed your post.

3 hours ago, Greenious said:

I'm really looking forward to Saint's cart, and hoping reasonably priced ROMs will show up of recent years homebrews.

And while I don't want to get political, I do feel there are many uninformed that really don't understand why anyone would like to leave EU, or why the deal on he table is unpalatable...   Don't click if you don't want the red pill.

What did i just say above?  I don't care if you hide your six paragraphs of politics (which I removed) in a spoiler tag, why did you think that was okay after I stated several posts above to not talk about politics?  Next person who brings politics up will be kicked from the thread.

..Al

• Like 4

On 9/19/2019 at 1:15 AM, SainT said:

There is no support for CD’s in the initial release firmware.

Apologies if you've answered this specific question before.  With the explicit assumption that no answer will be construed as a commitment, is there any chance that CD support will be available by the time batch #2 ships?  I know you've got a lot of other irons in the fire such as giving the LynxSD some love and developing the 7800 SD cart, just looking for an idea of where CD support slots in to that timeline.

Ive just created an account at Retrohq.co.uk and it seems my request re pre-order back in 2017 never made it onto a list :o(

Did I have to pre-order on the Retrohq.co.uk website as well?

Also on Retrohq.co.uk its calleJaguar GD not Jaguar SD ?

Advise plz Saint

Edited by npturton
Addition

I'm currently re-branding all my products to have a recognizable name and logo to move away from the generic "SD" badge. So now we have the GameDrive (GD) product line. :)

GameDrive.png.71c611779485b1e9b6a6ca953cb888f7.png

As has been mentioned, the pre-orders are through the shop site directly. There was never any "list", and certainly nothing as far back as 2017. Saying you want one on a forum doesn't mean anything in this case, I'm afraid.

• Like 10

This may have been answered. But when the orders are filled and sent does the preorder # change to reflect the # ahead of you from then? As in if there are 200 in the next batch and you are #500 you can relog into your order and it should then show 300 I mean. 

Edited by UHATEIT
Spelling

On 9/30/2019 at 3:27 AM, SainT said:

I'm currently re-branding all my products to have a recognizable name and logo to move away from the generic "SD" badge. So now we have the GameDrive (GD) product line. :)

GameDrive.png.71c611779485b1e9b6a6ca953cb888f7.png

Does that mean those that shipped as JagSD are now going to be collectors items?? ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

This may have been answered. But when the orders are filled and sent does the preorder # change to reflect the # ahead of you from then? As in if there are 200 in the next batch and you are #500 you can relog into your order and it should then show 300 I mean. 

Yes, you can also verify this against your original e-mail order confirmation and your latest order status on the website.

I've been made aware of some fun lies spread by an ignorant halfwit.

"yes we get more and more reports by customers. Have a look to the jagsd pictures. Too thick pcb plus no rounded edges like the skunkboard. So if you have the wrong angle you smash the pins. Most likely the card also consumes more than the 300mA allowed like all other memory cards"

Ok, lets take this one point at a time.

"Too thick pcb"

Ignoring the poor grammar, lets have a look at the evidence.

JagPCB.thumb.JPG.299cd1a0f27f61b0e580b3a16e6d1e62.JPGJagSD.thumb.JPG.8c5dd0aa13b65b96c218156dc6faefc4.JPG

Hey! Would you look at that! The JagGD PCB is THINNER than the stock Jaguar game PCB. So it's actually EASIER on the cartridge slot. Lets call that lie number 1.

Next point -- "no rounded edges like the skunkboard". I assume this means beveled edges, as that's the important factor when inserting card edges into sockets.

beveling.thumb.jpg.a9196779a5e0e140cf9dfdfad0925336.jpg

Hey, check that out, they're both beveled by the same amount! Who'd have thought? Sheesh, it's like the guy has never actually SEEN one of the PCB's. Fancy that? So, that's lie number 2.

Lets see if we can make it a hat-trick.

So, the allegation is that it "consumes more than the 300mA allowed". Ok, I run the cart off one single 300ma 3.3v regulator, which is about 200ma at 5v. So, yeah, we'll go with 3 lies. Sweet. A hat trick of lies. To what end, though? Not sure.

Thank-you, and goodnight.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 24