IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

This is the best news I've heard in a long time. A Jag multicart is something I've always wanted as most games are either too expensive or hard to find. when you have any sort of list put me down. Whenever it becomes available I shall be there. Thanks you so much for taking the time to create this and the Lynx cart.

Edited by SlangeUG
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2016 at 11:06 PM, goaltoss said:

This is awesome. I noticed in another thread you were asking about save ram. So is it safe to assume that the cart will support game saves?

Yep, I have that covered. At the moment I support upto the max EEPROM size used on the Jag which will be persisted to the memory card. I've actually designed / written and simulated the majority of the custom chip needed to handle things like this already.

The custom chip on the cart (a CPLD type device) will be programmable from the Jag, so updates to the hardware functionality can actaully be made after release as well.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 3

On 6/20/2016 at 11:19 PM, Guitari said:

Presumably saint's sd solution will quicken the pace of homebrew development as devs can instantly upload to a real jag rather than the time consuming skunk methods.

I will most likely have a 'dev' option with USB connector and full hardware debugging capabilities as you'd find on an Alpine. This may be a standard feature depending on cost. In theory it's just an FTDI chip, so it's not that much...

Many features like this I will plan from a hardware level, but may require sofware assistance depending on complexity and free time. GadgetUK's assistance with the menu system on the Lynx cart is a prime example of what can happen when you get some community help! :)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 5

I will most likely have a 'dev' option with USB connector and full hardware debugging capabilities as you'd find on an Alpine. This may be a standard feature depending on cost. In theory it's just an FTDI chip, so it's not that much...

Many features like this I will plan from a hardware level, but may require sofware assistance depending on complexity and free time. GadgetUK's assistance with the menu system on the Lynx SD is a prime example of what can happen when you get some community help! :)

More than happy to help. If you need anything, just ask.

• Like 8

Fantastic news! The Skunkboard has had its use, but for those that just want to game (easily), a SD-based option will be soooo much more convenient.

Yeah and taking Reboot to a show or event means only having to secure one cart ;)

• Like 7