SainT

Upcoming Jaguar SD Cartridge

I don't have 'no tracking info' for terraonion, mine simply says 'payment accepted'. I don't think mine had made it to the shipping stage yet.

For the JagSD I'm ~185 in line currently so I think I'm in line for both waiting on more stock.

37 minutes ago, Pinballs said:

I get the no tracking information message too. And now I understand why there are Customs charges despite being in Europe.

I guess Customs are ensuring every single package gets appropriate paperwork & charged, hence causing a delay. Bless their cotton socks.... Not a tax haven in this regard is it?? 

Not to derail the topic, but just as an FYI as several people have mentioned waiting for their TO package. On Discord they stated earlier today they hope to have all remaining orders in the hands of DHL by the end of the week. So it's just up to customs. Which it sounds like they have upped from clearing 45 packages a day to 90 very recently. So, shouldn't be too much longer.

And back on topic (like others), my JagSD is still in purgatory, I mean Heathrow for a week and half now. Sigh. 

34 minutes ago, Pinballs said:

Not a tax haven in this regard is it??  

Not for us, but for them it should be, as Andorra has much lower taxes (although it used to be even more extreme). VAT is 4,5% in general and corporate tax is 10% at most. So well, to be fair, if they shipped from Spain they should charge 21% more (the VAT) (approx 50€) but at least we could save the unfair and absurd administrative costs (in the case of Spain, almost 40€ derived of the "paperwork" to make me pay 50€). Whatever.

Well, this is off-topic, I guess, but seeing how many Mega SD customers are here, I'll give you my timings: preordered on the 17th of June, Package in Transit 3rd of August, Order sent to DHL 12th of August, tracking was available on the 26th/27th of August, when DHL called me to confirm the contents of the package, gave an estimation of import costs and proceeded to "free" the package. It arrived in a couple days afterwards. Hope this helps!

Meanwhile, also waiting for the next batch of Jaguar SD (I'm on the high 300s!).

2 minutes ago, nick3092 said:

Not to derail the topic, but just as an FYI as several people have mentioned waiting for their TO package. On Discord they stated earlier today they hope to have all remaining orders in the hands of DHL by the end of the week. So it's just up to customs. Which it sounds like they have upped from clearing 45 packages a day to 90 very recently. So, shouldn't be too much longer.

And back on topic (like others), my JagSD is still in purgatory, I mean Heathrow for a week and half now. Sigh. 

It's a RACE!  Which one will win?  The JagSD that we have waited so very long for, or the Mega SD which some of us may already have Genesis/Mega Drive solutions....

A programming question.

Can I write the JagSD rom (er.. JagSD ram that's mapped into jaguar rom address) from the 68000 or it must be done from the micro controller(or the hardware that reads the SD)? It's impossible to be done from the Jaguar side because the cartridge port lacks a write signal?

1 hour ago, Albert said:

We've created an SD Cart Development Forum that SainT is monitoring.  :) 

..Al

Awesome!  This is one of the things I've been hoping this kicks off, more homebrew.  Sure seems that any time there is a flash cart for an old console, more people develop for it.  Since now the barrier of having to create carts is no longer there.

22 hours ago, SainT said:

It may not allow guest payments because of your location, perhaps? I thought it should allow you to do so, to be honest -- I find PayPal just does what it wants half the time. You may be able to use a proxy service to make it appear you are in the US (or wherever you normally are) and use it normally. I only accept PayPal at the moment, so there's not much else I can do. :(

Ok... I'll try in a few minutes with a proxy.

1 hour ago, swapd0 said:

A programming question.

Can I write the JagSD rom (er.. JagSD ram that's mapped into jaguar rom address) from the 68000 or it must be done from the micro controller(or the hardware that reads the SD)? It's impossible to be done from the Jaguar side because the cartridge port lacks a write signal?

Yes, you can write from 68k or GPU, but only in 16 or more bits at a time. No 8 bit writes. There's a register you can set to map the ROM area as RAM and then write enable or protect. It will all be in the libs / sample code / docs eventually... :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Ok... I'll try in a few minutes with a proxy.

Yay! It worked! Order #5279!!! Haha

4 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Yay! It worked! Order #5279!!! Haha

Holy crap, I've sold over 5000 now? That's going to take AGES to get through... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SainT said:

Time to quit your day job!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My order was placed on August 18th and as of today there are 193 in front of me. Not too bad!

Edited by Merendino

5 hours ago, SainT said:

Might be worth looking into a company like https://macrofab.com with that kind of volume.  (It's where Longhorn Engineer works)

Are there actually 5k orders? I mentioned that elsewhere and was told the post was a joke. I was surprised by the number but based on day 1 numbers I could believe it. I'm also terrible at picking up subtle jokes without body language to clue me in lol.

Order number 75. The package finally cleared customs and is in Chicago. Just in time! Hoping to be testing some Jag games this weekend before packing up everything before we move.

Edited by 5l4k3r

Yay! My JagSD finally left purgatory and arrived in Chicago yesterday afternoon. Hopefully that means it will be in my hands on Saturday. And hopefully everyone else whose package was stuck at Heathrow is moving now too. 

1 hour ago, nick3092 said:

Yay! My JagSD finally left purgatory and arrived in Chicago yesterday afternoon. Hopefully that means it will be in my hands on Saturday. And hopefully everyone else whose package was stuck at Heathrow is moving now too. 

Order number 10. Still in "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" customs hell 😕

I just got my JagSD cart today an I'm very excited however it is not working for me. When I tried to load any .jag ROMS it would get stuck at the loading ROM screen. I had to shut off my Jag and when I power it back on it just says loading Reading directory and does nothing. I have tried multiple .jag ROMS and they all get stuck at the loading ROM screen. I tried 2 different brands of microsd. I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kublai said:

I just got my JagSD cart today an I'm very excited however it is not working for me. When I tried to load any .jag ROMS it would get stuck at the loading ROM screen. I had to shut off my Jag and when I power it back on it just says loading Reading directory and does nothing. I have tried multiple .jag ROMS and they all get stuck at the loading ROM screen. I tried 2 different brands of microsd. I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware.

Please post your question in the Jaguar SD Cart Support Forum. Thanks!

..Al

• Like 1