SainT

Upcoming Jaguar SD Cartridge

Ive been watching this thread for what seems like an eternity. Now my biggest fear is preorders will open and close before I get one in. How long do you think the window for that will be, when you are ready to go forward?

A real capitalist would keep at least 10 in stock and sell them on ebay. ;-) (No, please SainT, don't !)

Ive been watching this thread for what seems like an eternity. Now my biggest fear is preorders will open and close before I get one in. How long do you think the window for that will be, when you are ready to go forward?

It will never close. I started making the LynxSD about 3 years ago. I still make them.

I'm gearing things up to produce and ship carts more quickly currently (have been working on things behind the scenes for what feels like an age, but its getting there). I want to be in the position there are no pre-orders. Just orders.

I will get there. I've enlisted help to get things moving more quickly, and its gradually all slotting into place.

The joys of growing a business organically. ;)

• Like 17

Awesome! Ive been watching this thread with much anticipation myself. Kudos to you for all the hard work SainT

Awesome! Ive been watching this thread with much anticipation myself. Kudos to you for all the hard work SainT

• Like 1

It will never close. I started making the LynxSD about 3 years ago. I still make them.

Do you still sell the LynxSD carts? Can't find them on your site. Maybe I'm going crazy idk.

Will also definitely be ordering your Jaguar cart when thats ready ;)

Edited by zezba9000
  • Like 1

Do you still sell the LynxSD carts? Can't find them on your site. Maybe I'm going crazy idk.

Will also definitely be ordering your Jaguar cart when thats ready ;)

Yes, sorry all, I've been so pre-occupied with the JagSD and other things in the background I've not made any Lynx carts in a while. I'll be making some more up today, expect things to start moving again in the next couple of days!! :D

• Like 9

Yes, sorry all, I've been so pre-occupied with the JagSD and other things in the background I've not made any Lynx carts in a while. I'll be making some more up today, expect things to start moving again in the next couple of days!! :D

SainT, I just watched your recent video and I was looking at the cartridge shell design for the adapter. Since you aren't using the Jag Cart Knob design on the top, would it be possible to do another pass on the cart design so it could have something on it to make it easier to remove the cart? 5200 cart shells have a nice design on the back to assist with pulling the cartridges out...

You just pull it. Really, no effort is required at all! :)

• Like 8

SainT, I just watched your recent video and I was looking at the cartridge shell design for the adapter. Since you aren't using the Jag Cart Knob design on the top, would it be possible to do another pass on the cart design so it could have something on it to make it easier to remove the cart? 5200 cart shells have a nice design on the back to assist with pulling the cartridges out...

Lol this totally remind me of AVGN making fun of cart handles (no offense)

Time stamped for your enjoyment

(Skip to 5:45 if your browser doesn't do it automatically)

Edited by ultramecha
  • Like 2

Lol this totally remind me of AVGN making fun of cart handles (no offense)

Time stamped for your enjoyment

(Skip to 5:45 if your browser doesn't do it automatically)

Nice, but the 5200 cartridge shells didn't have a handle on the top. See here for a better reference...and yes, it was helpful if only for some extra leverage. An elegant design for a more civilized time:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atari-5200-Cartridge.jpg

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 1

Nice, but the 5200 cartridge shells didn't have a handle on the top. See here for a better reference...and yes, it was helpful if only for some extra leverage. An elegant design for a more civilized time:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atari-5200-Cartridge.jpg

That's not a bad looking cartridge shell, I'll give you that! :)

• Like 1

I don`t expect the SD Cartridge to be taken out THAT often. ;-)

And truth to be told I think it looks really cool and finally something different for a change.

• Like 7

I quickly knocked this up. I'll get one of each printed and see which is the nicest. ;)

To be honest, I quite liked the aesthetics of the 5200 cart! So I'm doing it more for what appeals to my sense of style than functionality in this case. Although if it's functionally beneficial, bonus. :)

post-37728-0-77223000-1552390306_thumb.jpg

• Like 22

I agree the notch is a nice touch :) better than the weird "sausage" design atari came up with for the jag lol.

Shame on ya.

• Like 2

I agree the notch is a nice touch :) better than the weird "sausage" design atari came up with for the jag lol.

Another vote here that the ''rib" is superfluous.

Another vote here for the 5200 cart style... I think it's retro design, looks and form are excellent. Good work SainT with recent progress and listening to users views! :) Do you know yet when you might be needing those beta testers...? Look no further! :)

• Like 1

For my part i do not care that much how it looks like, just the function and release date :)
Like someone said, it will probably just be in the Jag

• Like 1

For my part i do not care that much how it looks like, just the function and release date :)

Like someone said, it will probably just be in the Jag

Someone should make a Super SD case for it that makes it look like the CD drive for those that don't have one. :P

• Like 4