Jump to content
SainT

Upcoming Jaguar SD Cartridge

Recommended Posts

Looking forward to have the opportunity to buy some for me and for italian Jagfest comunity...i tried to contact you SainT with PM here at Atariage even to ask you for some lynx SD carts bu i never had a reply...if you can please contact me ...Ciao

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, litoskin said:

Looking forward to have the opportunity to buy some for me and for italian Jagfest comunity...i tried to contact you SainT with PM here at Atariage even to ask you for some lynx SD carts bu i never had a reply...if you can please contact me ...Ciao

Maybe try reading the Lynx SD cart thread: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/250637-lynx-multi-card-preorders/?do=findComment&comment=4307992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

 

I read this all over the place.  I don't know how much time people need to copy JCP.EXE into their path, it's not like it needs an entire development studio installed :)

Ha, is there a Linux equivalent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, litoskin said:

Looking forward to have the opportunity to buy some for me and for italian Jagfest comunity...i tried to contact you SainT with PM here at Atariage even to ask you for some lynx SD carts bu i never had a reply...if you can please contact me ...Ciao

 

If you check the Lynx thread I'm just sorting out a new version of the Lynx SD, so I've not shipped any in ages. I will be in touch, sorry for the delay. I've had rather a lot on with the Jaguar and NeoGeo Pocket carts and I've neglected the PM's recently, sorry! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, seastalker said:

I've posted about an Analogue Atari console.  Ma and Pa kettle don't remember or know what a Jaguar is... many don't even know the terminology of 2600 nor VCS let alone in-between.  Even Nintendo misnomers for ANY video game console... it was all called "an" or "the" Atari. So I don't care how it is marketed as a FPGA Jaguar or 2600. If it plays all the Atari consoles, I'm in and if future A8/ST non hardware core-only support is added via usb ports for keyboard, even better. 

Add JagSD for all Jag games, Atarimax (& other Everdrive equivalents) for all other games. That's a lot of Atari games covering 4 consoles. I think it would be worth Analogue's while making such an 'Atari Cheetah' :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saint's SD cart - now with working 2048 byte EEPROM!

 

(See unlocked Gridrunner for proof!)

 

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, Pinballs said:

Add JagSD for all Jag games, Atarimax (& other Everdrive equivalents) for all other games. That's a lot of Atari games covering 4 consoles. I think it would be worth Analogue's while making such an 'Atari Cheetah' :-)

I am so with you. This JagSD cart REALLY invites someone somewhere to make a "less expensive than an Ebay Jaguar but with new parts" FPGA console. Seems Analogue is the best option..."but who remembers the Jag?"  yadda yadda- regardless, then an Analogue "2600 console that happens to also do Jaguar and by the way have you heard of the 7800 and 5200" system would be an instant buy for me regardless of the difficulty they will have with marketing: I am also up for a Jaguar FPGA console that does 2600/7800 etc.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, seastalker said:

I am so with you. This JagSD cart REALLY invites someone somewhere to make a "less expensive than an Ebay Jaguar but with new parts" FPGA console. Seems Analogue is the best option..."but who remembers the Jag?"  yadda yadda- regardless, then an Analogue "2600 console that happens to also do Jaguar and by the way have you heard of the 7800 and 5200" system would be an instant buy for me regardless of the difficulty they will have with marketing: I am also up for a Jaguar FPGA console that does 2600/7800 etc.   

 

Just get a MiSTer.

 

Ash is working on it.

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=34810

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a MiSTer and am looking forward to it. Still, the JagCD I don't think even has an emulator for it yet so to play CD games one would still need the FPGA cart to plug into a Jag or clone console.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, seastalker said:

I have a MiSTer and am looking forward to it. Still, the JagCD I don't think even has an emulator for it yet so to play CD games one would still need the FPGA cart to plug into a Jag or clone console.

When Ash gets it working I can always rewrite the CD BIOS for the JagSD for it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pinballs said:

The future is FPGA consoles and Everdrives, with upscaled HDMI outputs 🙂

No thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Gummy Bear said:

No thanks.

Yeah i'd rather have an hdmi output for my real Jag. At least it will be 100% accurate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoTheMath said:

Yeah i'd rather have an hdmi output for my real Jag. At least it will be 100% accurate.

Accept no substitutes. 🙂

All you need is the real deal and an OSSC for the HDMI experience.

I rock the CRT 90% of the time, but the OSSC and 65" LCD are used for multiplayer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pinballs said:

The future is FPGA consoles and Everdrives, with upscaled HDMI outputs 🙂

Replicas are cool and should exist but at that point emulation isn't much different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gummy Bear said:

Accept no substitutes. 🙂

All you need is the real deal and an OSSC for the HDMI experience.

I rock the CRT 90% of the time, but the OSSC and 65" LCD are used for multiplayer.

That's how I do it, I've got the Jag, Genesis and currently a Saturn that I need to repair all hooked into a SCART splitter that then goes to the OSSC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leech said:

That's how I do it, I've got the Jag, Genesis and currently a Saturn that I need to repair all hooked into a SCART splitter that then goes to the OSSC.

My Jag is SCART to the OSSC too and most games look great but Doom looks like ass. Not to derail this anymore than necessary but can you post any specific settings or PM them? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saturn said:

My Jag is SCART to the OSSC too and most games look great but Doom looks like ass. Not to derail this anymore than necessary but can you post any specific settings or PM them? Thanks

Huh, don't think I've ever tried Doom on it, since I beat the game back in the day.  I'll take a look and PM after work today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DoTheMath said:

Yeah i'd rather have an hdmi output for my real Jag. At least it will be 100% accurate.

There is an adapter for Jaguar -> component(via HD Retrovision cables) made by Jody Hicks(Uncle Jody on twitter). 923357633255534593
I use one on my Jag.. its pixel perfect on a consumer grade CRT
 

Edited by coleshores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Pinballs said:

The future is FPGA consoles and Everdrives, with upscaled HDMI outputs 🙂

IDK why people insist that FPGA is a magic bullet.  Every hardware scenario has to be tested millions of times to ensure it's accuracy.
Heck even the SuperNT, which was tested in this fashion had a minor issue with Mega Man X upon it's release.  This was by a company with resources, who paid Kevtris to develop it.
The open source community will struggle with accuracy much more than they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zezba9000 said:

Replicas are cool and should exist but at that point emulation isn't much different.

It's an apples to oranges comparison.  One attempts to replicate the actual circuitry via a HDL schematic rather than create a software abstraction layer on top of existing hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...