SainT

Upcoming Jaguar SD Cartridge

12 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

I remember when you helped me a couple years ago on a Raiden rom that wouldn't load so on the skunkboard and there was a special one you sent to me that had "skunk" in the title. It seems that now with these roms that might have been locked to a skunk they should work just fine on the SD cart without any issues am I right?

You wont need commercial ROMs modified to work on the JagSD (like Raiden), but the skunk specific titles which specific lock themselves to running on the skunk wont run on the JagSD. You'll need the SD versions above. I could simulate the functionality required to run skunk titles, but as SD versions have been released, there isn't much point.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I'd love to upload 100% unlocked roms for VJ, etc, but we all know a few individuals (and, yes, we all know who they are as well) will put them up on ebay.

You could release VJ-locked ROMs :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SainT said:

You wont need commercial ROMs modified to work on the JagSD (like Raiden), but the skunk specific titles which specific lock themselves to running on the skunk wont run on the JagSD. You'll need the SD versions above. I could simulate the functionality required to run skunk titles, but as SD versions have been released, there isn't much point.

Ok cool, i was not aware that SD versions were released on some of them so I'll have to look for those out there then. I have a ton of the ones with "skunk" in the titles and I assume those are likely skunk locked only.

@CyranoJ

It's very generous to offer to upload roms-  many thanks! I've bought many AA games, and certainly will continue to do so. I'd also pay for Jag roms to put on the JagSD.

I have a skunkboard... that to my chagrin I never used! Is there a link for your uploads for it? It would be nice to get it working!

5 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

I remember when you helped me a couple years ago on a Raiden rom that wouldn't load so on the skunkboard and there was a special one you sent to me that had "skunk" in the title. It seems that now with these roms that might have been locked to a skunk they should work just fine on the SD cart without any issues am I right?

Raiden works just fine unmodified on the SD cart, so you'll only need that ROM for the Skunkboard.

I'm hopeful that "Another World" will make an appearance.  Haven't been able to find it and I assume that's out of respect for RGC but it's been several years since they last sold out and they don't seem likely to ever produce more so...

4 hours ago, samson7point1 said:

I'm hopeful that "Another World" will make an appearance.  Haven't been able to find it and I assume that's out of respect for RGC but it's been several years since they last sold out and they don't seem likely to ever produce more so...

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/288704-atari-jaguar-review-another-world-the-jags-holy-grail/?do=findComment&comment=4241611

12 hours ago, madman said:

Oh wow, that's awesome.  I've been on the waiting list for like a year and a half but at the time the response I got from RGC felt like they weren't really going to do another run.  Thanks for linking that post!

12 hours ago, kublai said:

Is there a release date and price for the JagSD? I signed up for email on the twitter page already.

@Albert, does the forum software have the option for a "sticky" post that is displayed on every page of a thread? Then the sticky post can contain a short piece of text containing or pointing to answers to common questing like above so there is no need to post the same question again and again.

@kublai, if you signed up for the e-mail list on Saint's website you auto-magically get that information as soon as it is known.

Robert

On 7/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, SainT said:

JagSD only supports FAT / FAT32, so that limits you really to SDHC and 32GB. You may get away with SDXC cards formatted to FAT32, but I can't guarantee. Although that said, you'll get everything you'll ever want into 32GB and have plenty of space free... ;)

I know Windows only supports formatting devices as FAT32 up to 32GB, but FAT32 actually supports up to 2TB without any trouble (beyond 2TB gets tricky).

Will the JagSD support larger SDXC cards formatted as FAT32, or will we need to specifically use SDHC cards with it?  My concern is not so much about fitting the library on one card - 2 GB should be plenty - as it is about how finicky JagSD will be with replacement cards.

Edited by Spider-Dan

4 hours ago, Spider-Dan said:

I know Windows only supports formatting devices as FAT32 up to 32GB, but FAT32 actually supports up to 2TB without any trouble (beyond 2TB gets tricky).

Will the JagSD support larger SDXC cards formatted as FAT32, or will we need to specifically use SDHC cards with it?  My concern is not so much about fitting the library on one card - 2 GB should be plenty - as it is about how finicky JagSD will be with replacement cards.

Limitations of FAT32 are actually 16TB, but you have to make sure they're 4k sector sizes and GPT instead of MBR (MBR limit is 2TB)  Not that we'd need this with the Jag :P

Something of great import has just crossed my mind... Cyrano, have you patched your Bad Apple demo for the JagSD?

Edited by juansolo

14 hours ago, juansolo said:

Something of great import has just crossed my mind... Cyrano, have you patched your Bad Apple demo for the JagSD?

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Pinballs said:

Nice. And the same question- where can we download these for JagSD?

Do you have a JagSD to use them on?  They will be available when they're needed.  As for your other question, there's this thing called Google.  It's been around a while now, so you might have heard of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

A 16MB version is also possible with the JagSD.... ;)

• Like 5

23 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Do you have a JagSD to use them on?  They will be available when they're needed.  As for your other question, there's this thing called Google.  It's been around a while now, so you might have heard of it.

What is this 'google'? Is it like AltaVista, HotBot and Yahoo? ;-)

I don't have a JagSD yet (hoho), but obviously have roms for HyperSpin et al. But it seems that there are some customised roms, given your posts about the skunk board (that I also have). I think it's therefore a reasonable question to ask where to get a full, optimised romset for JagSD, which I hope is acceptable?

1 hour ago, Pinballs said:

What is this 'google'? Is it like AltaVista, HotBot and Yahoo? ;-)

I don't have a JagSD yet (hoho), but obviously have roms for HyperSpin et al. But it seems that there are some customised roms, given your posts about the skunk board (that I also have). I think it's therefore a reasonable question to ask where to get a full, optimised romset for JagSD, which I hope is acceptable?

He already told you, "they will be available when they're needed." The only games locked to a Skunk or JagSD are CJ's ST ports. So if you are looking for other ROMs, whatever you find will work on the SD cart. If you have any other questions, feel free to Ask Jeeves. 

15 minutes ago, madman said:

He already told you, "they will be available when they're needed." The only games locked to a Skunk or JagSD are CJ's ST ports. So if you are looking for other ROMs, whatever you find will work on the SD cart. If you have any other questions, feel free to Ask Jeeves. 

As said above, when they are required, they will be made available..

It has not been an insignificant amount of work retro-fixing (pun intended) over 30 ROMs, and not something that was required to be done so forgive me for ignoring any and all self-entitled requests demanding them (not that this was one) - but while the device is not available I don't see any point in posting them at the current time. 

When Saint is ready, these will be ready.

• Like 4

Many thanks- your efforts are greatly appreciated. Huge respect.

I'm sorry if I appeared somewhat impetuous, which is certainly not the case. I've ordered everything that Saint has produced, as well as Terraonion and Analogue's products, and am a big fan of classic gaming :-)

• Like 3