SainT

Upcoming Jaguar SD Cartridge

11 minutes ago, flip said:

And there's no pre-order list, nor will there be one.

Well, not quite true! I’ll be opening orders when I have the first load ready to ship, then any orders which can’t be fulfilled by the initial stock will be pre-orders to be fulfilled. I’m trying my hardest to keep the backlog as small as possible and keep orders fresh with the JagSD.

• Like 7

On 8/10/2019 at 11:53 PM, CyranoJ said:

A much enhanced version shall be waiting for you to test your shiney new SD cart with :)

320x200x4bpp + 21.9Khz 16 bit ADPCM audio

Video shows upload speed over USB

I have to quote that so I don't have to go back a page.

Unleash the Jag. I don't think I've tracked a thread on Atariage that has got me so excited before.

48 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

As the release seems imminent, are you sharing the price, or will that just be a surprise?

It will only be available to those with complete Jaguar collections, and payment can only be made in the form of trading all of your physical games to Saint in exchange for the SD cart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

It will only be available to those with complete Jaguar collections, and payment can only be made in the form of trading all of your physical games to Saint in exchange for the SD cart.

Good to know.  There was a rumor going around that payment was to be made in Pokémon cards, and I didn’t even know that SainT was into those.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, samson7point1 said:

As the release seems imminent, are you sharing the price, or will that just be a surprise?

£140 UKP + postage. Hope it's not too steep for people, there's been rather a lot of work gone into this, and the SLS shell alone is reassuringly expensive! I may offer a board only option at £120 UKP if people are interested, although not for this first batch.

If you have any interesting old hardware, I'd be up for trading... ;)

Atari PC1, ABC, Falcon case & shielding -- I'm sure there's more I'm looking for!

For the PC1/ABC you could have a few cartridges. :D

Edited by SainT
  • Like 9

168.83 USD x 8

1350.64:lust:

Thanks for the info, probably break these up into 2's. Love paying shipping..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SainT said:

£140 UKP + postage. Hope it's not too steep for people, there's been rather a lot of work gone into this, and the SLS shell alone is reassuringly expensive! I may offer a board only option at £120 UKP if people are interested, although not for this first batch.

Atari PC1, ABC, Falcon case & shielding -- I'm sure there's more I'm looking for!

That’s certainly more than I expected, but not more than I’m willing to pay.  

You sticking with PayPal for the time being?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SainT said:

Ha, I'd love an Atari PCx.  Actually I expected the price to be a bit more.  The Mega SD certainly is more expensive.  Then again I think the Sega CD has a bit more hardware in it to emulate/recreate next to the JagCD, which if I recall is more or less just a cartridge with a CD attached to it.

That's a nice price for the SD Cart. 

Congratulations Saint on a really big project that couldn't have been at all easy.   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

That’s certainly more than I expected, but not more than I’m willing to pay.  

You sticking with PayPal for the time being?

Yep, still PayPal atm, will see how it goes!

The cost of the shell is what tips it over for me, but as has been said, it’s not out of line with other good quality flash devices. And buying from me, you’ll know you’re getting quality kit which will be supported! :)

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, leech said:

Ha, I'd love an Atari PCx.  Actually I expected the price to be a bit more.  The Mega SD certainly is more expensive.  Then again I think the Sega CD has a bit more hardware in it to emulate/recreate next to the JagCD, which if I recall is more or less just a cartridge with a CD attached to it.

Yes, the SegaCD has an extra 68000 in there and new video hardware, it’s quite something to have on the cart! The TerraOnion guys know their stuff.

the JagSD won’t have CD support from the launch, either, that will follow if / when it is stable and working.

40 minutes ago, mario64 said:

SainT, when orders open up will the Jag SD show on the new.retrohq.co.uk shop?

Yes. If you’ve registered an account on there, and set your mailing preferences to new products, you’ll be emailed when it’s ready for sale! 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Machine said:

Payment Sent!  😁

47 minutes ago, kurtori said:

But it isn’t up to order yet? 🤔

Machine's post almost gave me a heart attack.  Rushing to login to paypal from the phone since I'm not home!

5 minutes ago, SainT said:

Yes. If you’ve registered an account on there, and set your mailing preferences to new products, you’ll be emailed when it’s ready for sale! 

Great thank you