IGNORED

Any old school Sierra games fans out there?

Definitely. Check out Adventures in Serenia / The Wizard and the Princess -- it's set in the same land that King's Quest V is set in.

I think I might actually have the Atari version of Wizard and The Princess. I'll have to look through my disk collection. :)

Wow! Thanks for the info, I had no idea. I'll have to fire up an emulator and check out that MH-NY puzzle skip. Those MH games were hard enough without losing the option to save.

I'm currently trying to track down the Japanese version of Police Quest II for the PC-9801:

http://kotaku.com/5812431/japan-what-the-hell-did-you-do-to-this-classic-pc-adventure-game

The other major change I remember was that Kings Quest III didn't have the clock when the wizard leaves so you just had to guess how long he'd be gone. That made the game much harder than it should have been.

The other major change I remember was that Kings Quest III didn't have the clock when the wizard leaves so you just had to guess how long he'd be gone. That made the game much harder than it should have been.

Whoah, that's brutal. I think King's Quest III might have been my favourite of those. Has anybody been playing the new series? I've finished chapter one and I think they did a really good job. As an adventure game I don't think it's quite as good as The Walking Dead series but I'm having a blast playing them.

Whoah, that's brutal.

Yeah when I was a kid I kept reading references to this mystical clock but obviously there wasn't any in my version. It really confused the heck out of me.

Like I said, the Apple IIe was scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of being able to run these games. If they weren't so popular at the time I don't think they would have even bothered.

The first copy of King's Quest I that I played as a kid was a self-boot or booter disk and when I was researching the Apple IIgs music I read that it had different music and sound effects. I managed to find a copy and load it with Dosbox and, sure enough, the opening theme is way better and sound effects throughout that weren't found in the regular PC version. I find those different version changes really interesting.

I played almost them all. Heros Quest and Conquests of Camelot were 2 other great ones. Had komgs, space, police, and lsl as well. Had up to 4 on kings and 3 on space. My tandy never had a hard drive but had a 3.5disk so some newer games needed the hard drive and we were not going to drop I think $2600 on another setup.

Whoah, that's brutal. I think King's Quest III might have been my favourite of those. Has anybody been playing the new series? I've finished chapter one and I think they did a really good job. As an adventure game I don't think it's quite as good as The Walking Dead series but I'm having a blast playing them.

I think 4 with the chick is the best. The gtaphics were great. I suggest Conquests of camelot and heros quest.

Also space quest 3 amazing game.

Newer than that I think it is too modern looking and lost its charm with me.

Probably cause my tandy would not play them..

That game I disliked the most. The wizard guy was a complete asshole. It took away that kinda free roaming idea, well the kings quest games you can get killed on lots of screens.

I liked the jokes in the games. If you told your character to fuck an elf or something it would say perhaps you should purchase a copy of leisure suit larry!

• Like 1

Newer than that I think it is too modern looking and lost its charm with me.

I felt the same way. Although I completed Space Quest 4 & 5 and King's Quest 5 & 6 and really enjoyed them, they just weren't the same as the typing games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played my first Sierra game, Police Quest 1 on my Compudyne 16/286 AT computer. I really loved the Police Quest series and I got all of them. I also got Space Quest IV and Kings Quest V. I even purchased a Roland MT-32 so I could get the best music for the Sierra games!