IGNORED

Any old school Sierra games fans out there?

The video shows all my favorite old school Sierra games.

I understand. But someone who worked at Sierra and loves Sierra games would seemingly be more interested in participating in a discussion like this, rather than ostensibly just using it as an opportunity to self-promote. That would be like if Ken Williams came in here and said "Hey, if you're interested in Sierra games, buy my new autobiography on Amazon!" and then left.

I understand. But someone who worked at Sierra and loves Sierra games would seemingly be more interested in participating in a discussion like this, rather than ostensibly just using it as an opportunity to self-promote. That would be like if Ken Williams came in here and said "Hey, if you're interested in Sierra games, buy my new autobiography on Amazon!" and then left.

No worries. I just figured it would be more interesting than just listing my favorite games since not everybody makes videos like I do.

Gabriel Knight 1, Space Quest 4, Shivers 2 (cuz I'm in it)...

Also all the Dynamix games we published: Earthsiege, Red Baron II, Battledrome, etc...

I have HomeWord for the IBM Jr made by Sierra, the manual has pictures of a racing game to describe the usage of the program, very neat.

P1010003_zps5fgjwoxw.jpg

Got this, lost the box for it :-( All the greats are on there

P1010001_zpsoebyowoa.jpg

These flat packs were interesting

P1010002_zpsjccxlur2.jpg

Edited by high voltage

As a kid, I think the first title I remember seeing from them was Sammy Lightfoot - which was a fun little platformer on our school's Apple II's. I managed to acquire a copy for my trusty C64 sometime later, and truth be told… it didn't feel quite the same as on the AII.

When it comes to their adventures, the Police Quests (well, at least the ones designed by Jim Walls) were probably my favourites truth be told (and I got into them in the mid-90s once our family had moved over to a DOS PC). I remember borrowing a three pack containing Police Quest III, Space Quest III & King's Quest III from a friend in high-school, and PQIII was the stand out for me by far.

Other than that? I loved the Earthsiege/Starsiege series, the racing sims by Papyrus (despite being utterly horrible at it, Grand Prix Legends stands out quite a lot), and more recently, I fell in love with Threshold (at least when I found the lone C64 cart for a nice low price in a store). Plus there's the Dynamix flight sims too - Red Baron (plus the Aces series… more recently).

Quite a lot more than I originally thought of truth be told… ;)

Sammy light foot.. codename iceman! Those names I totally forgot about. Iceman was an interesting game.

What about gold rush? Ok now I know where all my money went as a kid!!

Iceman is one I've not played. I think I always wanted to though… certainly do remember the adverts at the time.

Bit of a bummer that it's not on GOG like most of the other games of that era, as I'd certainly pay a few dollars to download it and give it a whirl. Alas.

Oil's Well on the Commodore 64 and Atari 400/800 is awesome. It's one of those games that's easy to get hooked on. Sure, it might be an Anteater rip-off, but it massively improves upon that arcade game. The ColecoVision version isn't too bad, either.

Does anyone know what the company designation SierraVision was all about? Did they start using that name for their computer software vs. the console stuff, or was the name just changed across the board at some point? I know they'd already had one change (from On-Line Systems to Sierra On-Line).

Oil's Well on the Commodore 64 and Atari 400/800 is awesome. It's one of those games that's easy to get hooked on. Sure, it might be an Anteater rip-off, but it massively improves upon that arcade game. The ColecoVision version isn't too bad, either.

Does anyone know what the company designation SierraVision was all about? Did they start using that name for their computer software vs. the console stuff, or was the name just changed across the board at some point? I know they'd already had one change (from On-Line Systems to Sierra On-Line).

I think it was nothing more than a label for grouping all their arcade-esque releases under, as around the same time they were also using SierraVenture for the adventure/RPG stuff they were publishing.

Then when that gave most of that stuff up (post-crash I think), then ditched 'em, and it was just plain old Sierra.

(FWIW, it's talked about in this piece on the Digital Antiquarian - just a rebranding as part of a reorganisation in 1982/3)

Edited by robc
  • Like 1

My mother and I played the original batch extensively. We loved the first three King's Quests, first two Space Quests and even played the original Leisure Suit Larry.

When they got more advanced (Around King's Quest IV) our computer was so slow that all the animations made the games no fun.

Also had Kings Quest III on my CoCo III (awesome) and King's Quest on my Master System (too hard to play)

Hope someday they get rereleased on ipad.

• 2 weeks later...

Also had Kings Quest III on my CoCo III (awesome) and King's Quest on my Master System (too hard to play).

I never played any of the CoCo versions, although I had a CoCo II I believe. We're there any differences between those versions like with the Apple IIe versions that were talked about earlier?

I've tried playing that Master System version so many times via emulation and it's brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk