IGNORED

Jaguar Power Issue, Help!

Greedy80

Hi,

I am hoping somewhere here I might be able to gain some insight into what's going on with my Atari Jaguar. I've owned it from new and it has been boxed and stored for over ten years until now. Upon trying to fire it up I get nothing no light no nothing.

I thought even if I had no cart in the slot the machine would flash the power light at me. Regardless with a game in the cart slot it still won't power up.

The small amount of research I have done has lead me to check the condition of the cart port and the CI chip on the motherboard. Both appear fine but I am no expert so please refer to the images below and let me know what you think.

I have just today heard that an original gen Mega Drive PSU you will power the Jag, so I intend trying that out to rule out the PSU adaptor itself.

Other than that I'm a little stumped, this is a very lightly used Jag which I almost exclusively played Aliens Versus Predator on.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

post-47058-0-17125900-1466526241_thumb.jpg

post-47058-0-67439800-1466526254_thumb.jpg

post-47058-0-69085300-1466526263_thumb.jpg

post-47058-0-58954500-1466526278_thumb.jpg

post-47058-0-60056300-1466526292_thumb.jpg

You must have the cart in the slot for it to power on. Also try cleaning the cart and slot with Isopropyl alcohol because it might not be making the power connection through the cart. Theres guides around on how to do that.

Edited by Sporadic
  • Like 1