IGNORED

Intellivision for GameBoy Color / 8-bit NES now available

Hi all,

Intellivision for Gameboy Color (I4GBC) with FULL source, and a demo of Intellivision for NES (I4NES) is now available for download from my blogger page:

Http://www.carlmuellerjr.com

Make sure you read the README.TXT files, or you're really going to be lost. They explain the keyboard mappings. Pay close attention to how SELECT works, particularly for I4NES. Press and hold SELECT (mapped to Z on the keyboard) to get the pop-up menu, which will display the keyboard mappings for the current context. I4GBC has no such niceties, however. You'll have to keep the word document "i4gbkeys.doc" handy in that case.

For everything but I4NES, make sure you click on DOSBox.exe.

Incidentally, I updated the Ms. Pac-Man section to point to a new YouTube video of myself playing. I used five lives, speed hack on, and random mazes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nuo5zEup24

Comments are welcome, of course. :-)

Carl

Edited by Carl Mueller Jr
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Carl! :)

I guess the NES version has just the 9 games listed, with the scrolling feature... any chance of getting a version that will play more games, even if the action is only in part of the screen, and using 1:1 pixel size (maybe adding some Intellivision-y suitable borders)?

For the GB version, is there any documentation available on how to create the NFO files?

Thanks Carl! :)

I guess the NES version has just the 9 games listed, with the scrolling feature... any chance of getting a version that will play more games, even if the action is only in part of the screen, and using 1:1 pixel size (maybe adding some Intellivision-y suitable borders)?

For the GB version, is there any documentation available on how to create the NFO files?

Well, I'm seriously considering taking up working on I4NES again. Making it smoother, faster, nicer looking screen transitions, and better sound by using the extra work RAM that is often included in the MMC1 mapper.

As for the GB version, I don't even have the ability to generate compatible NFO files anymore… At least I think they would not be compatible. I have modified my emulator extensively to allow for extra information needed by I4NES. I don't really see the point in playing these games on the GameBoy Color anyway, unless there's some nostalgia there for some people. The screen is an even backlit :-(

If I do start working on I4NES again, I would want to publish to cheap plug-and-play controllers (NoaC design) or actually just producing NES carts.

Carl

Well, I'm seriously considering taking up working on I4NES again. Making it smoother, faster, nicer looking screen transitions, and better sound by using the extra work RAM that is often included in the MMC1 mapper.

As for the GB version, I don't even have the ability to generate compatible NFO files anymore… At least I think they would not be compatible. I have modified my emulator extensively to allow for extra information needed by I4NES. I don't really see the point in playing these games on the GameBoy Color anyway, unless there's some nostalgia there for some people. The screen is an even backlit :-(

If I do start working on I4NES again, I would want to publish to cheap plug-and-play controllers (NoaC design) or actually just producing NES carts.

Carl

NES: I'm sure there's a market for some NES products.

GameBoy (Color): Oops, I meant GBC. I'm assuming the resulting file would work on a GBA-SP, so there's no worries about backlight... so, my question should have been: Is there any documentation available on how to create the NFO files required for the GBC emulator?

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...