IGNORED

Cloning the Gram Kracker

acadiel

7 hours ago, 9640News said:

I would order a GramKracker, though as I mentioned on the informal zoom meeting Sunday evening where I got my dates mixed up, it would need a case.  I would not be enthusiastic about a GK without a case.  

I have a working GK for sale.. pm me with offers

Just tried sending you a PM, but it said you weren't receiving messages at arcadeshopper.

arcadeshopper@gmail.com

Looks like atariage lowered a email Max size or just started enforcing it.. I got a ton to delete to get down to allowed again

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

We can probably shrink the GK by a bit nowadays with higher density SRAM.  And put a GAL in there for glue logic instead of all those 74LS chips.  This will stay within the bounds of replicating the hardware with period authenticity but allow us to shrink it a bit.  We can probably even extend it to use more than 16K ROM carts, although I'm suspecting that the circuitry was a simple flip flop for the two banks, and introducing more than that would mean a bit more circuitry.

On 2/12/2022 at 6:50 AM, acadiel said:

We can probably shrink the GK by a bit nowadays with higher density SRAM.  And put a GAL in there for glue logic instead of all those 74LS chips.  This will stay within the bounds of replicating the hardware with period authenticity but allow us to shrink it a bit.  We can probably even extend it to use more than 16K ROM carts, although I'm suspecting that the circuitry was a simple flip flop for the two banks, and introducing more than that would mean a bit more circuitry.

However, those of us with a SNUG TI-99/4P system would appreciate 4 banks of ROM (should be write protected RAM) for our TI-99/4A systems, so it will be easier for us to write programs that work on both systems.

• Like 1