IGNORED

DK Arcade - On Sale

I have DK Arcade back in stock. There is a limited supply at half the price, so do not delay. They are ready to ship.

The price is $45 ea. plus shipping

I also revamped the shipping charges. PayPal fees are now included with the price of the item.

Naber Hood Games

Edited by SoulBuster
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Oh noes! Discovered on the console I just modded to accept the new Flashback controllers, that the DK graphics on the title screen (of this latest version AND the previous Elektronite D2K Arcade) are all garbled! In game graphics are fine, just the title screen is screwed up. This particular console is of the variety that does NOT have the controller side buttons indents in the storage compartment like most other Intellivisions I've seen throughout the years and its serial number is 1339629. Plays/displays ALL the other recent brews just fine, including the new D2K Arcade S.E. cart I have. What the heck?

post-13896-0-70658200-1468254050_thumb.jpg

-edit-

Ms. Pac-Man title screen garbled too on this unit. Glitches in me britches and maybe just my system?! :(

Looks like GRAM chip(s)? If not a bad RAM chip, the possibly cracked traces.

But wouldn't that affect all game play graphics and not just the title screen?

his comment stating "Plays/displays ALL the other recent brews just fine" would/should mean that it isn't a bad trace since this isn't globally affected to all games.

Could be bad GRAM/RAM stuff if these two particular games are using addresses in a bad area, while other games don't use those, but someone more adept in programming can stipulate accordingly.

But wouldn't that affect all game play graphics and not just the title screen?

Not necessarily. For example, the GROM characters (text) in that image all look fine. You can often use stock GROM for quite a few game elements.

If the memory has only certain bad locations, and only certain games put graphics characters at those locations, you could see stuff like this. If it seems to work fine after resetting or "warming up" then it could be certain physical connections are bad, and after heating up, the physical connection is restored due to thermal expansion.

For example, it could be that one 'bit 4' in the GRAM chip's connections to the rest of the bus is bad.

his comment stating "Plays/displays ALL the other recent brews just fine" would/should mean that it isn't a bad trace since this isn't globally affected to all games.

Could be bad GRAM/RAM stuff if these two particular games are using addresses in a bad area, while other games don't use those, but someone more adept in programming can stipulate accordingly.

Yeah. Those really adept at this can just look at a garbled graphic and have a good idea about which specific bit(s) may be bad. If it's for particular games only, then it's more likely internal to the GRAM chip than on the bus, though.

EDIT: I just realized that your initial response was specifically to the 'cracked trace' guess. So yeah. What you said. ;)