IGNORED

anyone ever find A Nightmare on Elm Street NES prototype?

stringfellow

I remember prior to Nightmare on Elm Street being released seeing print advertising for the game showing very different screen shots with a description stating that you could play as Freddy. Then the game is released and it is totally different. I was just hoping that someone had released a prototype.

Well, check with Dream, Beagle, and MrMark. Combined they have or have had about 90% of the known NES protos go through their hands.

Members here?

I had read a similar advertisement myself. More than likely it was rejected because of Nintendo of America's policies at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason.

I'm almost positive that all three are members here. But they rarely post here anyhow. They are far more active in the NintendoAge community, and can be found easily there if you search around a little bit.

(their screenames are slightly different; I abreviated them whereas not to cause them any possible spam)

I'm almost positive that all three are members here. But they rarely post here anyhow. They are far more active in the NintendoAge community, and can be found easily there if you search around a little bit.

(their screenames are slightly different; I abreviated them whereas not to cause them any possible spam)

thanks hopefully they have something. Always been a big Freddy Krueger fan so I loved the original game idea