IGNORED

Lotharek .hfe disk image links?

Airshack

By the way you can break up sections like a Hard Drive into 640 Meg Blocks instead of thousands of 1440K blocks like Floppies.

And even DSQD is still worse than Hard Drive access of files.

The HDX could still be configured for both Floppies and Hard Drives right?

That would make it a much better option over looking for Hard Drive Controllers.

One 64Gig SD card could be configured to multiple Hard Drives and Floppies.

It just makes more sense long term for the TI to get up to date on storage trends.

Here is a link to hundreds (thousands?!?) of .hfe files from the 2014 Chicago Faire disk:

ftp://ftp.whtech.com/video/Chicago%20TI%20Fair%202014%20Videos/Chicago%20TI%20Faire%20HFE%20Files%202014/

(Not sure why they're in the video directory... :/)

Navigate up one directory for the ISO image of the disk.

I don't know if it might help anyone, but here's a link to my info about the Gotek (Lotharek knock-off):

http://99er.net/blog/blog/2016/05/06/using-a-gotek-floppy-emulator-with-hxc-on-my-ti-994a/

I'm going to post something soon about adding a LCD display and 3rd button.

-Rich

• Like 3

Here is a link to hundreds (thousands?!?) of .hfe files from the 2014 Chicago Faire disk:

ftp://ftp.whtech.com/video/Chicago%20TI%20Fair%202014%20Videos/Chicago%20TI%20Faire%20HFE%20Files%202014/

I don't know if it might help anyone, but here's a link to my info about the Gotek (Lotharek knock-off):

http://99er.net/blog/blog/2016/05/06/using-a-gotek-floppy-emulator-with-hxc-on-my-ti-994a/

-Rich

does this Gotek behave exactly like the Lotharek where it will emulate both DSK1 and DSK2 at the same time, and will it accept 80 track formatted disk from a TI modded controller or a a Myarc modded controller?

With all the the Brexit stuff and other stuff going on in the EU right now, the current exchange rate has never been better. I'd go with the Lotharek... unless you really want to mess around with adding additional switches, displays, as well as reprogramming chips. The final cost after paying multiple shipping on all the extra items may not be worth the hassle.

• Like 1

By the way you can break up sections like a Hard Drive into 640 Meg Blocks instead of thousands of 1440K blocks like Floppies.

And even DSQD is still worse than Hard Drive access of files.

The HDX could still be configured for both Floppies and Hard Drives right?

That would make it a much better option over looking for Hard Drive Controllers.

The HDX works exactly like a hard drive. Saving, loading or running, the only difference is typing HDX1 instead on DSKn. It uses a tree structure as well. I can drag and drop things I download directly into any sub-directory and load them from the TI. In fact using Tursi's Classic 99 I can use the same exact directories. In fact I have one directory that is strictly for shared files between Classic 99 and Real Iron... which comes in REAL HANDY for copying text listings to the TI.

For example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9UPvRFjQDA

• Like 1

Thanks! I didn't realize this...hadn't figured that out yet. Cool!

I think the best way is to make a folder ..\bla\DSK.IN and ...\bla\DSK.IN.CONVERTED

In the first one I collect my DSKs to convert, and from time to time I convert it via Lotharek´s tool,

with the "Batch Converter"-Button, to the second button.

Just copy and paste the foldernames from the win-explorer into the fields of the tool, very fast.

Later, I move the HFEs to my structure like ..\bla\01-DISKMAN, 02-DISKUTIL a.s.o. but this is another story :)

This is my SD-repository (see below), which I copy from time to time to my 3 SD-Cards (for 3 HxC´s)

on this step, I reformat the SD´s, first copy the config file there, and then this repository with one click.

post-41141-0-38849700-1467617931_thumb.jpg

Yes! The one on the right will not work for some reason?

hmmmm hard to say. Contacts clean and OK ?

You could use the "HP USB Format Tool" (v2.2.3) to lowlevel- format it once, maybe this helps.

Just google it, it is common. Only use FAT32, OK, but maybe once low level format it with NTFS, and 2nd step back to FAT32...

The fact that the card is working on the PC does not mean that it is technically OK at all.

Maybe just dump it, not to get in risk with your data....

Or sell it on ebay "as is" :-D :grin: :D

It already does. HDX1 might as well be WDS1 in dm2k

Greg

Not really.

In XB I can type WSD1.XB.GAMES1.99ERCLMBER

And in the game it will load WSD1.XB.GAMES.99ERCLMBRD a data file for the game to run as the Hard Drives are always there.

Also I do not need to type in or switch anything ever with a Hard Drive to get access to the 3 Hard Drives I have.

As far as I know you can not access multiple Hard Drives in the HDX, I can see it is a great upgrade from Disk, but not compatible to Hard Drives advantages.

Edited by RXB

Rich, with the HDX I can load and run exactly as you described. But I fail to understand the advantage of 3 small hard drives over one huge hard drive. With the HDX a person could dedicate a 3 TB hard drive and never ever hope to fill it up... ever. For less than the cost of one old used SCSI controller for the TI, a guy could plug in a modern hard drive.

Now this is the HxC thread though, and yes, there are a few quirks with it, BUT the price is dirt-cheap compared to setting up a SCSI based hard drive on the TI and for what 98% of what a people use the TI for, the HxC is an excellent choice in my opinion, especially for getting programs to the TI. The dollar to benefit ratio simply exceeds almost any other alternative, except for....

Now back to the HDX for a second, in all practicality the average person will NEVER dedicate a 3 TB HD to it's use, but one could very easily buy and dedicate one of << THESE >>. Can you imagine 256 GB on the TI for under $12.00! Now me, I'm a cheapo I'd rather go with << THIS >> 64 GB model for $3.21! After all it's smaller, looks better and is still more space than the TI can ever hope to use.

Also the HDX gives one the ability to print to modern hardware and transfer stuff back and forth to a PC easily.

Edited by --- Ω ---

Rich, with the HDX I can load and run exactly as you described. But I fail to understand the advantage of 3 small hard drives over one huge hard drive. With the HDX a person could dedicate a 3 TB hard drive and never ever hope to fill it up... ever. For less than the cost of one old used SCSI controller for the TI, a guy could plug in a modern hard drive.

Now this is the HxC thread though, and yes, there are a few quirks with it, BUT the price is dirt-cheap compared to setting up a SCSI based hard drive on the TI and for what 98% of what a people use the TI for, the HxC is an excellent choice in my opinion, especially for getting programs to the TI. The dollar to benefit ratio simply exceeds almost any other alternative, except for....

Now back to the HDX for a second, in all practicality the average person will NEVER dedicate a 3 TB HD to it's use, but one could very easily buy and dedicate one of << THESE >>. Can you imagine 256 GB on the TI for under $12.00! Now me, I'm a cheapo I'd rather go with << THIS >> 64 GB model for $3.21! After all it's smaller, looks better and is still more space than the TI can ever hope to use.

Also the HDX gives one the ability to print to modern hardware and transfer stuff back and forth to a PC easily.

How do you see 640 Meg as small? Let alone 3 to 9 of them, as that would be 5.7 Gig?

And you totally missed the point of my posts. Making the HDX not only emulate Disk Drives but also Hard Drives.

This is a Software issue on the HDX not a sales pitch for a SCSI or WDS. Just have the HDX emulate both types of devices.

Again why do PC's and Mac's use Hard Drives and not Disk Drives?

-Rich

This is a GOLD MINE! THX!

hmmmm hard to say. Contacts clean and OK ?

You could use the "HP USB Format Tool" (v2.2.3) to lowlevel- format it once, maybe this helps.

Just google it, it is common. Only use FAT32, OK, but maybe once low level format it with NTFS, and 2nd step back to FAT32...

The fact that the card is working on the PC does not mean that it is technically OK at all.

Maybe just dump it, not to get in risk with your data....

Or sell it on ebay "as is" :-D :grin: :D

I've been using the suspect card in my camera for a few years without fault.

• Like 2

Speaking of .hfe files, has anyone yet made a 'blending' of an .hfe to compliment items stored on a FR99?

I can imagine some pretty neat compilations. We don't yet have a GUI for this thing, probably never will, but we do have a DOS and bunch of assorted utilities that no longer need to reside on disk, which leaves room for even more stuff.

What have you done? A radical gamer's package? A programmers tool box? A graphics lovers delight? An all-around system? Something else?

• 2 months later...

Here's a fun blast from the past: TIPS FROM THE TIGERCUB Volume. 3

61 programs and files from Tigercub Software in Columbus, Ohio.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I'll try to check this out later this evening. I have the day off, but I have to pressure wash my deck and get it prepped for re-staining. :sad:

So much to to do, not enough time for fun.

• Like 1